Author Topic: Making the city Mobs FAIR  (Read 1219 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Making the city Mobs FAIR
« on: March 28, 2010, 07:41:08 pm »
ok so i have noticed that the mobs in the cities are not equal, i mean hydlaa has the entire arena for PP or for training, but ojavedfa has only rats and arangmas and rogues which give almost NO PP and bad loot, so if the system is back again and we respawn in ojaveda again the noobs wont be able to get anything good, and also in gug there are only coamtis near the site, if a kran noob walks into the sity, he might think it isw the only town in the game and it is deserted with no monsters, also in BD a LOT of training is done there and there are only insects and some riverling which btw i mgiht add is all the way down to the bottom of the town, which is a LONG walk/run.

Rigwyn

Re: Making the city Mobs FAIR
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »
Are you testing for pp yield with a maxed character or a new character ?
From what I am reading it seems that pp depends on your abilitied vs the mob's abilities.

I think a noob character would benefit more from low level mobs ?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »
Hydlaa is a rather big town, compared to Akkaio - which is only one dsar (quarter) of Ojaveda; all 5 dsars together, Ojaveda as a whole would possibly have about the size of Hydlaa without the east quarter, I'd assume. Then there would also be enough room for more different mobs.

But Enkidukai are a mobile race, they just need a short travel to find Tefusang and Trepors around the crater. There is even a merchant close who buys hides and animal parts. Or do you really plan to stay at home all day (IC)?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:47:08 am »
he makes a decent point you know, i started an alt, it had 0 items or money had to start with fists
worked my way from rats, sold rat loot, and did quests with rat fir until i could buy a falcion, then kiled a few rogues for a broad sword, and bam started training sword
thats all in oja
its actually not that hard to start off as a noob, and besides that, there are plenty of generous players who hand out goods, like me and how i hand out sabres livitin made a long long time ago XD
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:42:46 am »
Oh, I really appreciate reports from experienced players who recently started an alternative character. This is a valuable addition to an objective rating of the current situation. Even though unexperienced players have a little more start-up issues, of course...

One of the first lessons in PlaneShift is obtaining support from other players ("Try with a little help from my friends").

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 07:15:43 am »
PP gain for the most part is better than it was before 0.5.3 but more balancing is definitely needed, i mean, you can kill a diseased rat fairly easily with combat/armour skills below level 10 and get 4-5PP but to kill a rogue you need at least level 20 in combat/armour skill to not get your butt kicked or else use line of sight tactics and cast spells at it for only 2PP, drops for rogues aren't bad per say though, spent about an hour one day killing rogues in the sewers and ended up with 75 healing potions, 8 short swords, 7 knives one of which was ruby encrusted and gained about 7000 tria from looting, the healing potions sell for 120 tria each, the shortswords for about 1700 each, and the knives 485 each (the ruby one is estimated at 685, haven't sold it yet) so it's not too bad for that, actually at my current character's level i've been killing rogues along with tlokes for tria cus he already has close to 5000PP and needs money for more training.
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

Bragan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 03:17:33 pm »
PP have never been a problem for me, like scotty110 I have a surplus, though not as great as 5000! All Jobs skills give you PP when you use them, and some of them give obscene amounts, even at level 0/1. Tria are less plentiful, though they are also to be had with many approaches. I imagine some of the repeatable quests are viable, though I've never gone that way. All the cities have mining spots nearby, and if you have the wherewithal to refine them to boost their value, so much the better!

What's more curious to me is that I haven't found a logical progression of steadily (and gradually) more-difficult mobs. It seems like beyond the rogues I'm able to kill, the next step is consumers or trepor (not sure which), both of which are the same strength as me according to the info screen, but they both whoop me soundly whenever I try.

EDIT: It seems I've been unfairly ignoring small animals. Arangmas and clackers (which are plentiful in most places) give more PPs than rogues, despite not being so deadly. :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:58:16 pm by Bragan »

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 04:35:04 pm »
The experience in this version is better than it has ever been for a new character. I'm sure the details, density and placement of mobs will improve but I applaud the recent focus on the balancing. New players have no idea what you used to have to go through lol.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 03:43:16 am »
When I was a new player,
the city mobs weren't fayer,
I slammed my head against the comp.
because my items from these mobs wouldn't drop.

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 08:52:50 am »
Since I currently am a new player, I want to note that I haven't actually gotten much of those points from monsters. I think about 85% of the ones I've accrued are from quests, perhaps more. I have yet to run out of quests, although Hydlaa is almost dry.