Author Topic: repairing  (Read 2145 times)

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
repairing
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:05:53 pm »
hi
 what stats are need for armor repair, weapons, ect i have some skill but it keeps saying not enough skill, when i try and i what area do i need them in i know i need kits, is their anything else i need expansively for swards and leather armor.

thanks

Rigwyn

Re: repairing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »
Dude, ask someone in-game in an in-character way.
This is why there is no documentation that spells this out.
You are meant to discover this by experimentation or by talking to other characters ICly.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:23 am »
repair difficulty is dependent on the value of the equipment, the more costly the item, the harder it is to repair. you may only be able to repair one or two things to begin with.

It is definitely encouraged to ask people in the game although it is somewhat illogical to try to ask in an in character manner for help with game mechanics. If you must ask in an out of character fashion be sure to [use brackets.]

Bragan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 04:06:24 pm »
There's no way to ask this IC, and I think that is well. The most we should be able to hope for IC is a progression: first you'll be able to repair these items, and then with additional practice/experience this set, and so on. You can also figure it out yourself: equip yourself with a full set of leather armor, and try to repair everything one by one. You'll know which ones you can repair, and which ones you need more training. For weapons, find the wimpiest version of the class of weapons you use (sword, axe, hammer), and move up until you can't repair anymore. That's your limit, keep using and repairing the one before that until you've got the skill to repair the next level.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 11:34:35 pm »
There's no way to ask this IC...

Although still in the very n00b stage of things it appears to me that one could definitely accomplish what the OP desired IC. A friendly character could pass one item at a time saying "Try repairing this", and so on as was suggested here OOC.

- Nova