Author Topic: The Great Annual Irka Festival (Treman Market aswel)  (Read 3546 times)

scotty110

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Annual Irka Festival (Treman Market aswel)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 09:10:39 am »
i will certainly rent a shop for this one:)
Main character on zeroping: Halbor

Bragan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 04:21:55 pm »
[OOC from now on]

We do not want nonsense and pointless “RPs” from criminals we would like to be happy and celebrate our great first year, and for RP reasons if you are a criminal don’t bother, we will have high security. For this we will not be afraid to get GMs involved. If you want to RP as a criminal do it out side of the Ojaveda map.

That seems a little heavy-handed, don't you think? If someone RPs a criminal, then RP his/her/kras running afoul of you. Especially since you're celebrating "protecting the streets of Ojaveda". In fact, if my character were the proud head of a criminal organization, I'd make it a point to do something. Maybe not incredibly disruptive, but something noticeable. This isn't a threat, I don't have such a character, but I think that putting such restrictions defeats RP instead of enhancing it. Have you spoken to GMs about your intentions to get them involved? What did they say?

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »
@Perlan then it would be The Annual Irka Festival... Boring.

@Bragan KIC has been there with The Outlaws and honestly from most members it was a mess completly a mess The Outlaws did not organise it well and it was just a complete mess, yes we had some good RP but nothing was dealt with, nothing became a story it was just "ohh lets have a fight cos I have a black hood on" and it will always end up with Jacula killing me, Akaiddo and Enonel.

@scotty110 OK your on my list already :)

@nightspark9 lmao this is not Tagged or Bebo where everything is like Facebook but everyone wants hearts, because hearts shows that your popular. :)
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 02:45:17 pm »
Honestly, you have a disorganized RP once, and now nobody's allowed to do anything bad around your characters? You may as well go play Care Bears Online with that attitude. Yliakum is a rough land. It has criminals. Ojaveda in particular - Akkaio is crawling with rogues, and with the plague apparently closing off the rest of the city, there's bound to be looting and other such chaos going on behind those gates. Sure, it's difficult to play a bad guy right, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give anyone a chance ever again.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 01:01:04 am »
That is the rules that have been set. We don't have the members to do criminal fights we have to try and run this event, making sure the right people are coming in for the next fight, judging the fights, etc, etc. I am sorry but we don't have the horsepower to do that. me, Akaiddo and Maisent are the only ones who will be able to handle fighting most of our members are heavy RPers who don't train.I have to run the event, Akaiddo I don't know will be there, Maisent I don't know either but she'll be busy doing other things and maybe competing.

Also singles tournaments classes 1 and 3 the entry fees have been dropped through demand from players. The new price is now 60,000tria please remember that the lower the entry fees the lower the prize money I will put some minimums for the prizes aswel. Thanks and hope everyone will enjoy.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 01:03:49 am »
Missed the point completely Vakachehk.

Eyantar

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 01:13:53 am »
So whats the point?
[yes I'm using Eyantar sorry Knightspark9 I couldn't resist ;D ]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:15:37 am by Eyantar »

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 01:53:52 am »
Point is, it's unrealistic to hold an event like this and not expect it to attract some petty crooks. Nobody's saying you have to personally deal with them - and getting a GM involved for, say, a simple pickpocket roleplay is a bit much - but where there's a market, there are going to be thieves, and where there's a sporting event, there are going to be drunks, probably angry ones at that. It has nothing to do with the tournament fees or three people attempting to run an event (which is an admirable feat, by the way). I'm just saying, let there be some potential for conflict here.

I get that it's annoying when some badguy comes barging in and tries to (censored) everyone up just because. That's probably the type you're worried about, right? Used to be, people would tell those off OOC and put them on the good ole' ignore list if they were being too disruptive, and they'd have their Epic Tavern Fights while the others played their night at Kada's (this was back when there was always someone at Kada's) like it wasn't happening. The forummers whining was what drove a lot of people to get the GMs involved, the way I remember it, in fact. Perhaps just /ignoring the burn-everything-down-all-glowy-eyed-like-while-laughing-maniacally gits is an unwritten rule we ought to bring back, hm?
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 02:05:37 am »
Point is, it's unrealistic to hold an event like this and not expect it to attract some petty crooks. Nobody's saying you have to personally deal with them - and getting a GM involved for, say, a simple pickpocket roleplay is a bit much - but where there's a market, there are going to be thieves, and where there's a sporting event, there are going to be drunks, probably angry ones at that. It has nothing to do with the tournament fees or three people attempting to run an event (which is an admirable feat, by the way). I'm just saying, let there be some potential for conflict here.

I get that it's annoying when some badguy comes barging in and tries to (censored) everyone up just because. That's probably the type you're worried about, right? Used to be, people would tell those off OOC and put them on the good ole' ignore list if they were being too disruptive, and they'd have their Epic Tavern Fights while the others played their night at Kada's (this was back when there was always someone at Kada's) like it wasn't happening. The forummers whining was what drove a lot of people to get the GMs involved, the way I remember it, in fact. Perhaps just /ignoring the burn-everything-down-all-glowy-eyed-like-while-laughing-maniacally gits is an unwritten rule we ought to bring back, hm?
let them interfere, i will deal with them personally

as for the tournaments where will they be held? if there will be 4, there must be 4 places not allowed to put u p stalls/ shops and oja is a pretty small place

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 02:08:39 am »
Tbh, pretty dickheaded to want to shit all over someone else's festival when they ask you OOC to leave it be so they can enjoy the celebration of the anniversary of their formation. Especially considering the OLs have a good record of not being harrassive, if someone doesn't want that RP, they don't force it. Anything else is harassment.

If possible, the Irka Festival will be in Kore Dsar, and oh guess what? It's a military base, not filled with Rogues.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 02:11:10 am »

Tournaments will be split into four classes, these classes are
1)   Singular Combat Tournament
2)   Group Combat Tournament
3)   Singular Magic Tournament
4)   Group Magic Tournament
Classes 1 and 3 entry fees are 60,000trias per competitor.
Classes 2 and 4 entry fees are 125,000trias per group of either 4 or 5 competitors. To enter/register please talk to Vakachehk Kivikar or Akaiddo Kivikar [before 12th of June 2010, (no specific time) either in game, Private Message them on the Hydlaa Plaza forums, or go to IRC, freenode, channel #koreirka]

Class 1) Singular Combating Tournament, All players must only use weapons (no magical weapons) to fight the other competitor to the ground. There will be 2 competitors in the arena at a time each competitor will have a chance to fight all of the other competitors. There is no killing, if so killer will be eliminated from the tournament. There is to be no magic used at all, if so caster(s) will be eliminated from this tournament (no re-logging, if so the fight will restart). No mounts allowed.
Players that places
1st wins 80% of the whole entry fees for this class. minimum of 100,000tria
2nd wins 15% of the whole entry fees for this class. minimum of 80,000tria
3rd wins a golden shield.

Class 2) Group Combating Tournament, there will be groups of 4 or 5 competitors each group will be having a fight against all other groups. The top 2 groups will go into the finals (1st and 2nd) and the top 3-4 groups will go into the semi finals (3rd and 4th). There is no killing allowed, if so killers group will be eliminated from the tournaments. There is no magic to be used. [If any player re-logs they are knocked out of the fight]. Any group may join weather it is a guild or just a group of citizens, each group will need to make a name. The tournament is that one group comes up with a good strategy to knock all of the other group competitors down, the winning group is not the winner till everyone from one group is knocked out. No mounts allowed.
Group that places:
1st group wins 80% of the whole entry fee for this class. minimum of 200,000tria
2nd group wins 15% of the whole entry fees for this class. minimum of 150,000tria
3rd group wins a refund

Class 3) Singular Magic Tournament, All players must only use magic to fight the other competitor to the ground. There will be 2 competitors in the arena at a time each competitor will have a chance to fight all of the other competitors. There is no killing, if so killer will be eliminated from the tournament. There is to be no weaponry used at all (other than magical weapons), if so weapon user(s) will be eliminated from this tournament (no re-logging, if so the fight will restart but if happens twice with one player, that player will be eliminated from the tournament). No mounts allowed.
Player that places:
1st wins 80% of the whole entry fees for this class. minimum of 100,000tria
2nd wins 15% of the whole entry fees for this class. Minimum of 80,000tria
3rd wins a Vortex Glyph.

Class 4) Group Magic Tournament, there will be groups of 4 or 5 competitors each group will be having a fight against all other groups. The top 2 groups will go into the finals (1st and 2nd) and the top 3-4 groups will go into the semi finals (3rd and 4th). There is no killing allowed, if so killers group will be eliminated from the tournaments. There is no weapon fighting to be used other than any magic ways. [If any player re-logs they are knocked out of the fight]. Any group may join weather it is a guild or just a group of citizens, each group will need to make a name. The tournament is that one group comes up with a good strategy to knock all of the other group competitors down, the winning group is not the winner till everyone from one group is knocked out. No mounts allowed
Group that places:
1st group wins 80% of the whole entry fees for this class. Minimum of 200,000tria
2nd group wins 15% of the whole entry fees for this class. Minimum of 150,000tria
3rd group wins a refund.
Markets

we would need a lot of guild members online that day to be able to organize 1 of these in a row, without people cheating and stuff

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 01:13:46 pm »
Candy, you tried. Don't worry about it.

Bragan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 03:17:02 pm »
Tbh, pretty dickheaded to want to shit all over someone else's festival when they ask you OOC to leave it be so they can enjoy the celebration of the anniversary of their formation. Especially considering the OLs have a good record of not being harrassive, if someone doesn't want that RP, they don't force it. Anything else is harassment.

If possible, the Irka Festival will be in Kore Dsar, and oh guess what? It's a military base, not filled with Rogues.

Well, shitting all over someone's festival is griefing. As Candy said, pickpockets and other, minor criminal elements in a public event are to be expected and can be RPed accordingly. It would be a simple matter for you to deal with minor criminals in an RP fashion, and I hardly expect that the perpetrators would have any IC way of avoiding the consequences. If they resort to improbable devices then that's again griefing, and calling the GMs on them would be appropriate. Unless I misunderstand, their place is to ensure that people RP well, not to uphold the laws of Yliakum or any sub-organization thereof. In other worlds, they are OOC enforcers, not IC.

Maisent's stance is exactly the kind of stance I'm referring to: an IC solution to an IC problem.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »
Maisent there will be 1 arena (if Dsar Kore is not implemented) and all events run through that. We will also for everyone who wants to have a duel have another arena for them. the arenas are large squares of camp fires. (that is if Kore Dsar is not implemented.

I am very tempted to postpone this event.
@Candy the reason for lowering entry fees was not from your posts but from tells I got IG.

We are taking both magic tournaments out (classes 3 and 4) but with classes 1 and 2 rules will stay the same. This is because we have realized that some people can cheat. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 06:35:44 pm »
We have changed the OOC rules, hope that everyone will be happy now!