Author Topic: i am confused  (Read 2952 times)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
i am confused
« on: June 03, 2010, 03:15:04 pm »
this is the "i am confused" thread! to keep other threads clean when you have questions unrelated to their topics, you can post your questions here. at least i will. i don't feel comfortable spamming, as everyone knows.  ::)

in the blackflame guidelines sticky, which is too scary for me to post something off topic in, candy reminded me of something that's always been confusing. where do the wooden arrows come from in that crystal way missile spell (idk what it's rly called, i shortcut it as "missile")? do they dissipate after contact? is it like shooting a magical bow? i don't see how something could just be created out of nothing, even if it's magic. it sounds too weird. wouldn't it have to be that if you cast the spell, some poor ranger somewhere loses his arrows?  ;D

???

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: i am confused
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:37:38 pm »
On that note, where are the familiars "stored" before you summon and after you dismiss them?
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:57:56 pm »
Some people complain about some of us being logical about magic, saying it makes no sense, and we get the response: "Because magic is magic!!!" Why is that?

-sig by sarras

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 04:21:03 pm »
On that note, where are the familiars "stored" before you summon and after you dismiss them?

they aren't "stored". your familiars regularily live in another realm. by summoning them you teleport them to your place. however the time you can keep them there is limited by your abilities. upon dismissing, they're ported back to their regular living area.

Some people complain about some of us being logical about magic, saying it makes no sense, and we get the response: "Because magic is magic!!!" Why is that?

sounds somewhat generic, but I suppose magic cannot be explained by logic in general which may be your answer. at least imo it doesn't make much sense logically that you can just "summon" a meteor or whatever ;)

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 04:50:23 pm »
Does psychic blast hurt things without a brain?

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Suvi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 05:08:07 pm »
This really bugs me: why are so many of the race names apparently singular and plural?   Why isn't it Xachan/Xacha, Enki/Enkidukai, Klyri/Klyros, etc.?   

Also really bugs me: why is it "the Laanx religion" rather than Laanxism or something else that's a useful name?   Same with the worship of Talad and Dakkru.   I've seen Xiosian, but I have no idea if that's officially correct or just player-made.

Zon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Roving Raiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 05:39:35 pm »
Krans

.They do not breath like normal creaures but can they smell? If so how?
.Do they have parts that other race have in order to live? [heart, brain, etc.]
.Can mounts abtually carry them?
.As per above question, if they do not have brains, how do they use their eyes?
.How fast are Krans? [depends on the kra itself but the average sped?]
.Can they taste?
.What happens if a Kran gets slashed by a sword or any other bladed object? Will it just create a little rupture? [like slashing a rock].
.Peircing weapons? Just like above : will it create rupture just like peircing a rock?
.How long do they live?
.How strong is a Kran's stomp? How about punch?
.If he/she is to kra if talking to a kran then what would be yours? would it still be kra?
.Do they have teeth?
.Can they drink liquid?
.Can Krans show feelings? [ex. Can they smile? Can they fall in love? Can they express anger? sadness? happiness?]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:46:47 pm by Zon »

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 05:46:09 pm »
I know a book in the sanatorium can help you with the age, I believe they live for 150 years though.

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Zon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Roving Raiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:28:43 pm »
I know a book in the sanatorium can help you with the age, I believe they live for 150 years though.

Probably the easiest question of the list. Just sayin :P

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 03:35:32 am »
I am confused that Sarras created a new thread about "inconsistency" issues. ;)
__

@ Zon:

As far as I remember from earlier discussions (no warranty): Kran are "silicon based", but not rocks. They can be hurt, their skin is not just brittle. They can consume food, and I doubt that they would be able to eat diamonds and similar jewels as easily as some may play... And I am quite certain that emotions are quite usual for them.

Grammar should be: (1st) I - we; (2nd) you - you; (3rd) he/she/kra - they

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 07:30:48 am »
They can consume food, and I doubt that they would be able to eat diamonds and similar jewels as easily as some may play...

If you do some quests involving Kran you learn that they will eat gold, silver, diamonds, rubies, emeralds and even tria as a snack. They can also chew it into dust for you if you'd like. Some do also enjoy the apparently spicy coal, but they may get a sore throat and need a soothing beverage afterwards. I'd bet that if they got some sort of saliva / digestional fluid, it would be similar to Aqua regia  :detective:
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Bragan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 11:26:25 am »
I always imagined Kran to be somewhat similar to Discworld trolls, at least as far as physiology. Never got the impression that they were as dim as the average Discworld troll. It's consistent with the different Kran skins/models being different types of minerals, at least. So, diamond teeth?

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 02:21:43 pm »
just to clear it up, would you call a kran "gemma" instead of "sir"? and could you say "gemma <namehere>"? also, who would you call "gemma", if it depends on status?

oh ya, and could a kran bite your arm off if they've got such strong jaws?  ::| they do eat rock... a kran bite would be lethal.

I am confused that Sarras created a new thread about "inconsistency" issues. ;)

this thread is more about unanswered questions rather than inconsistencies.

Akeera

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 03:31:07 pm »
I am confused that I can't chat on http://www.planeshift.it/ingame_cam.html

Why is it not implemented?

:whistling:

Zon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Roving Raiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 03:46:26 pm »
I am confused that I can't chat on http://www.planeshift.it/ingame_cam.html

Why is it not implemented?

:whistling:

It is not for chatting. It is an in-game webcam. If you want to chat, join #planeshift in IRC or a chat thing