Author Topic: [GUILD] Expressive Arts  (Read 1329 times)

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
[GUILD] Expressive Arts
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:22:19 am »
It's a silent misty evening and Eliseth is sitting in her mother hut watching her mother paint. She always enjoyed watching, ever since she was a little girl. It's always fascinated her how the colours come together to form a picture. She hadn't seen her mother in so long, and it was comforting to see her confidently stroke the canvas with colour.

"I love your paintings mother... they're so beautiful." she says with sincerity.
"Thank you love... it's all I have left in life is my art. It's all I need."
"How's the market?"
Her mother stops for a second and sighs "Not very good I'm afraid. People these days don't appreciate the arts as they used to, now its all just fancy armour and weapons. Nobody cares for the finer arts anymore."
"But how do you survive?"
"I just do, Eliseth"

With that Eliseth notices a sadness in her mothers eyes, a longing, painful longing. It suddenly occurs to her that her mother ISN'T surviving. All at once her mother looks old and worn out. Not wanting to upset her further, Eliseth decides not to continue the conversation. "I'm going to Brado's for while mother, I'll be back in a bit."

Her mother nods and starts humming pleasantly to herself. Eliseth steps out into the cool night air and makes her way to the famous broken door tavern. There she sits, deep in thought. Her heart pains for her mother... so underappreciated... such talent going to waste. It can't go on, something must be done. She takes out a piece of parchment and a quill and starts scribbling down words that had come to her head since she left her mother.

"I sit alone
Among my art things
The candle flame dances
The evening breeze sings

Oh how I yearn for others
People of passion like me
How delightful it will be
To keep them company

But there is nothing
No one I call friend
I am doomed to solitude
Until my lifes end

So here I shall stay
My thoughts gaining fluidity
The candle flame will dance
For all eternity"

With a slight tear in her eye, Eliseth folds and pockets her parchment. Yes... something must be done. With determination, Eliseth exits the tavern and goes back home. There is much work to be done, but by Laanx I won't allow this to carry on.

Expressive Arts

Goal:

The goal of Expressive Arts is to gather the wasted talent that roams the lands of Yliakum. We want to create a place where artists of all types can gather to express themselves, and where they will receive the support they deserve. Mid-term goals for Expressive Arts include hosting events such as art exhibitions, story telling sessions and maybe art lessons as well, depending on the amount of interest. But the number one goal of Expressive Arts is to promote freedom of expression and positivity through art forms such as painting, writing and music, as well as uniting artists across Yliakum to create a stable, creative, and fun environment for all.

Ranking System:

Expressive Arts have 5 ranks, and 3 artist categories, and two extra positions. They are as follows.

Ranks:

- Lead Artist - The leader of the guild, ensures order withing the different ranks and makes sure members stay happy.
- Master Artist - Master Artists are responsible for approving artwork before it's used in public events.
- Artist (see artist categories) - artwork producers
- Student - All new members begin as students until they have mastered the very basics of their prefered artform.

Artist Categories:

- Musicians   (audio artist)
- Writers   (any writer type)
- Painters   (visual artist)
- Performers   (acting, dancing etc.)

Other Guild Positions:

- Teacher - Help students master the basics.
- Public Relations - Public Relators are responsible for the promotion of the guild as well as the organisation of public events.

OOC Comments:

[Please be aware that this guild has not yet been created, it's an idea of mine and I'm hoping it'll attract attention. My goal is to bring together the artists within planeshift. But please even if you become a member, I don't want you to feel obligated to produce art material, this is meant to be a fun endeavour which can potentially lead to a great many entertaining RP events. That is one requirement of this guild, and that is you must be able to RP, and you must be willing to teach others to RP. If you have any questions, please ask, and I am open to suggestions as well

If anyone is interested in joining me to get this guild up and going, post here or PM me please. I can't wait!]

EDIT: Shortened intro story and took out alignment. Slightly modified the goals.

EDIT2: Removed "Guest" rank and added another art categorie (performer)

EDIT3: Name change!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 03:24:39 am by Eliseth »

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Yliakum Artisans
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:59:20 am »
Hi there Eliseth!

I'll criticize your guild now. Remember, these are just opinions. I'm not saying you can't have the guild as it is, merely pointing your towards the reason why I think you should make it better.

Your introduction is a bit too extensive. Maybe it would be better if you made a smaller version of it to keep here and then have a link for people who'd want to check the full version.

I think "Artist" would be a better name to use overall. Artisan refers too much to crafting. I thought you were crafters when I checked the guild thread. Also naming yourself "Yliakum something" shows lack of originality and some pretense.

Artisan:
a person skilled in an applied art; a craftsperson.

Yliakum:
Where all our characters live. Big, immense (in the future.)

There are no alignments in PS. That designation here doesn't mean anything in Planeshift, so you'd better take it from your Promotional Thread. Your goals make it obvious that you're not out there to kill us all.

Your structure is simple and seems that it will work well. Good job!

I would push things forward to a more public exposure. Exposing talents should be a mid term goal, not a long term one, since that might be the best attraction of your guild.

I want to join this guild with an alt of mine. Gartheiz. I'm not very active with him, since the Dark Empire project takes most of my PS time, but I use it from time to time, when I feel like rhyming instead of organizing, plotting and bossing.
I see an issue though. Gartheiz doesn't write. He doesn't sing either. He's a sort of Raccounteur. Where would I fit your guild here?

Thank you for putting your time into creating this guild. It's good that some people care with the artistic side of IC life in PS. I wish you great luck, and I'll offer all the help I'm avaible to give.

EDIT: Added last paragraph + worked on the post's organization + fixed some words

EDIT2: Check my own attempt at uniting artists. It's quite different from what I felt you want to do (a guild of intelectual artists) but maybe you'll like the idea. If you do, I'll ask you to manage it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:11:26 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
Re: [GUILD] Yliakum Artisans
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:50:15 am »
Thanks so much for the criticism Sangwa, your opinions make sense. I'll modify it right away. I like your idea of The Musers, perhaps we can combine the two by just adding an extra Artist categorie namely performance artists (dancing, acting etc.)

Thanks again for your input.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Yliakum Artisans (name to be changed soon)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 11:15:52 am »
Wow, if this had've been around a while ago maybe I wouldn't have joined the Empire. It shows alot of potential but still needs work particularly, as Sangwa pointed out, with the name.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:03:32 pm »
Thanks Parallo. Any suggestion on the name would we nice. I'm think along the lines of Expression, but I can't think of a name sounding name with it in.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 12:10:12 pm »
*Shrugs.*

The Hydlaa Institute of The Arts?
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:00:01 pm »
Nice! :) I'd like to see this take off. I won't be joining, but I'll be in touch IC-ly (though ATM I'm rarely ever online).

How about "Faceted Expressions" for a name? It reflects the diversity of art forms that you will be having and also the diversity of the way they are performed by the individual artists, not monopolising the definition of art.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 06:40:37 pm »
Can't think of a name right now. Besides "Eliseth's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

perhaps we can combine the two by just adding an extra Artist categorie namely performance artists (dancing, acting etc.)

Splendid idea! If you need any help, be sure to warn me!

Gartheiz will be joinning you, if you'll have him. I won't be active at all with him though, unless when you require him. Got much to do at the Empire.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:01:12 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 12:30:38 am »
Sangwa, I've edited in a new art categorie ^^ thanks. I'll put you on the list to be part of the guild then.

As for the name, thanks for all the suggestions. I like Faceted Expressions but I'm not sure about it, whether it's a suitable name. Sangwa, your suggestion made me think just Lonely Hearts.

Keep the feedback coming... it helps.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 02:28:39 am »
My suggestion was a joke ^^. Ever heard of "Sargent Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band?" It's an album from The Beatles.

Public Relator can be called Public Relations.

And I'll try to think up a good, serious name this time.

Join the Dark Empire!

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 09:07:45 am »
This looks like a lot of fun for those who have a hidden tallent just waiting to escape :thumbup:

Name suggestion: Artisan Expressions
                        : Virtuosos of Hydlaa
                        : Crafters of the Arts
                        : Artisan Virtuosity
                        : Adroitness

Best of luck to you :)

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 12:52:57 pm »
Still don't think the name Artisan applies too well.

Join the Dark Empire!

pedenel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 06:45:53 pm »
Expressions of Arts
Artistic Expressions
Azure Expressions

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 07:00:26 pm »
Artisans sounds fine to me...

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:41:32 am »
Hey!

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I love all your suggestions. With all of them in mind I came up with "Expressive Arts"

Tell me what you think. Still looking for members, are there NO artistic characters around? That would be a shame.