Author Topic: NPC chat modification.  (Read 353 times)

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
NPC chat modification.
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:43:16 am »
Ok this is a simple little modification to bring back the old name activation system while still keeping the point and click system.

As it is now, you target an NPC, go to the NPC tab, and start talking. When you're done you simply click on the main tab again and carry on as usual. But I was thinking... I was reading another thread where people were saying how they liked the old system of saying "hello <npc>" to start chatting. So I propose an alternative method to start chat.

What should happen is this: You get to an NPC, lets say harnquist, and you want to talk to him. So you say "hello harnquist" in the main chat, this then automatically targets harquist and changes to the NPC tab where he responds to your hello. You then chat to him as normal and then when you're done you either click on the main tab or you type "good bye harquist" which then untargets the npc and switches to the main tab.

I hope that makes as much sense as I want it to. The only real reason for doing this is to accomodate the people who liked that name activation system while still keeping the current system in place.

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
Re: NPC chat modification.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:57:39 am »
Hmm, wont that just spam up the main channel more, and take longer to speak to NPCs? If you really wanted to, you could talk to NPCs in the main channel anyway. I don't see why dealing with them should be made even more of a hassle :P

Ice_Stovo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:34:19 am »
Saying hello to NPCs is maybe more IC, but it should really start to bother. Mainly if some NPC will response only to their first name or the whole name like in some quests.  ;D
Figis Bruzzo

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:56:29 pm »
The "old system" was only around for fourteen and a half hours because so many people hated it.  Before that, to talk to NPCs you just had to target them.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.