Author Topic: Looking for a roleplay partner(s)  (Read 1586 times)

Silver Marl

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Looking for a roleplay partner(s)
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:09:28 am »
Hello, I'm new here.  I've been a member for about three days now, and I've been wanting to get into the role play gig, but not many people around Hydlaa and outside the walls are willing to, as they are either doing their own thing, or are preoccupied.  So, I figured I'd ask in the forums.  Please, bare with me if my request sounds too weak. 

I'm just looking for a role play partner (or partners) to get my character started.  I'd much prefer the time frame to be somewhere within the US/Canadian time zones, but anywhere else is fine, I'll be able to work something out.  I don't care what gender, race or alignment you are, and I don't care how long you've been RPing, or what level you are.  I just want a nice, clean role play to get my character developed some, and to get a nice sense of community for myself.

I hope some of you reading take my request into consideration.  I'll be waiting eagerly for a reply!   :D

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
Re: Looking for a roleplay partner(s)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:11:04 am »
i'm on now and then, if you find me just come up to me and rp :)

Silver Marl

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:12:37 am »
That sounds nice.  I'll keep an eye out.

But I'm really looking for a permanent RP partner.  But random people aren't out of the question, either.   :)

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:14:58 am »
well nothing is impossible you know, but you have to start somewhere :P

Silver Marl

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 07:17:00 am »
Yeah.  It's just been really slow so far.  The last time I tried this game out, about a year go or so, it picked up pretty quickly.

Elly-b

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:47:27 am »
Hi Silver Marl,

if you see Keella and Hangatyr around please come and join us, we are always eager to have more RP's, bug or small as they are.  The most likely place to meet them is the Hydlaa smithy, they do tend to work a lot but don't mind the interruptions either.

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:24:28 pm »
Hello Silver Marl, If you're looking for some RP then I'd think you might find Ardoin by Gugrontid or Hydlaa. These Role-plays tend to come from simple talking on the streets, to gossip, to fights, but that's actually the whole of PS.  :sweatdrop:
Ardoin is a paranoid Hammerwielder who shares blood of many races due to in-breeding, yet he has many dwarf-like qualities. Believing in strict discipline in training, he won't mess around in a fight, and will often help form strategies to kill enemies before he goes out and starts swinging steel, that is, unless his anger gets the better of him. I hope you thought about this, as it might lead to some interesting RP. Sincerely, Knightspark9

P.S. Time zone is U.S./Canadian central.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:26:29 pm by Knightspark9 »
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:21 pm »
Roleplay with ANY character you see in game. If they run past you or ignore you, just brush it off and try with somebody else. If you do that you are down to get some decent RP with somebody. I would love to RP with you but I'm not in game that often anymore.

-sig by sarras

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 02:34:46 pm »
hey! if you see a large kran around town [named lilura] feel free to talk to kra  :) also see http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=32766.90 it could be helpful

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 02:59:47 pm »
And if you see a little Dermorian with a name hovering over his head Roled Rolak, please say hello or ask a question..

There are several multi character, long going, open ended plots going on that you can join in, and it may well give you opportunities to develop you character.

And if you can find your way or ask for a guide to help you to the Outpost this weekend for the fishing contest and fish fry... great way to meet lots of folks.

See you in game
Roled
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 04:22:14 pm »
lol this is desperate

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 04:54:37 pm »
Perhaps Talad smiles sweetly upon my character yet it is honestly hard to get anything in the way of character development done these days (training wise); due to RPs happening on the way. (Not complaining mind you!)

My suggestion would be to keep the /greet key at the ready and when you get a response stay to see how things go. Today; when doing that while walking across the plaza on route to see a teacher in Oja; had me ending up on a hill near the bronze doors fighting off fur pawed advances from a charming Enki with majestic tiger stripes and a knowledge of romantic elfish phrases. I felt like I was picnic-ing with Aslan!

In terms of long term RP partners, my experience is that that takes some time just like making friends in rl. Just like rl you will want to share things in common that you like doing together and feel comfortable sharing time. Let your character be who they are and s/he will soon find a bird of the same feather to fly about with.

My character often starts the day in the Tavern and never passes up a greeting.

- Nova

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 04:58:20 pm »
Should you be on When a shout is given that the Red Crystal Den is open, you should head there. You are sure to find someone to RP with there, if nothing else the bartender will be there.  ;)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 11:15:35 pm »
Maisent is always up for an RP, unfortunatley my stupid computer has been down for 2 weeks and the guy who is supposed to repair it is stupid and stalling. But when i get on I can RP, mostly anytime :)

Silver Marl

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:41:44 pm »
Thanks to all of you!  I'll be looking out for some of you, as well as taking your suggestions into account.  This is a great way to start my Planeshift run.  Never met a gaming community this nice.   :D