Author Topic: New PlaneShift SkunkWorks Department: Recruiting  (Read 2902 times)

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
Re: New PlaneShift SkunkWorks Department: Recruiting
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 04:34:47 am »
Do not be so quick to judge Talad, he's given us an opportunity, it's up to us to take it and make it our own.

Illysia: Thank you for your well wishing. Don't be discouraged because your attempt did not fully work out. Have faith that, in the end, the spirit of our community will carry the future projects that the SkunkWorks will launch into visible changes within the game.

taphan: Do not speak death into something without giving its a fair chance to prove itself. Channel you energy in a positive way and maybe, just maybe, things will start happening that not even I expect.

To answer your questions... for the moment I am responsible for who becomes members. Once I have a reliable base team running, then everyone on the team may give their feelings on each application.

The SkunkWorks will not be working under the ABC license, we're not licensing our ideas. We're going for a completely open and transparent approach, and everything that we do will be displayed for everyone to view and comment on. The work that comes out of the dev team as a result of our work, however, will still be put under the ABC license.

Thank you for the applications I have received so far, please don't hesitate if you feel this is something you want to do.

As a final thought... remember that the difference between a stumbling block and a stepping is stone is how you use it.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 04:13:39 pm »
Talad gave opportunity by opening up game development to more than those with degrees in it... and here we are. It takes more than opportunity to build faith. My doubts are based on personal experience... But as I said, we'll see.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
It's his way or the highway, PlaneShift is very much entirely personal to him, which means that he is a strong driving force, but he can't handle criticism against either the project or criticism against him as the leader of it.

Funny... that would almost fit on me too ??? ;)

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 01:27:41 am »
I've had a fantastic response thus far, thank you to everyone who applied. I will be sending replies throughout the next two days. Hopefully we can have our first official meeting at the end of this week.

Together we will make a difference.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 09:23:40 am »
Are you still recruiting? It took me a while to think about it and decideā€¦ can I join? :)

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »
Go ahead and shoot Eliseth a PM and see.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 10:22:46 pm »
Actually, it is smart to keep it away from these forums as these forums are more toxic than helpful for stuff like this. However, I am curious if they have done anything recently.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 01:45:29 am »
Well, since our policy is transparency, I'll tell you what's gone on from my point of view: The past couple weeks, our meetings in IRC haven't been happening. People still hang out in the designated channel, and personally, I've been watching the wish list and complaints section of the forums as we've agreed to do in the meantime. SkunkWorks hasn't failed; there are just real-life things getting in the way for people, as tends to happen, particularly around this time of year.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Arwym

• Wayfarer
  • IC: Niarwym Enarna
    • View Profile
    • Searching for Something - Niarwym's Journal
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 06:40:57 pm »
Eliseth, do you still have space for another member? I just found out about this initiative, and I am very, very interested in joining and helping out. Since I can't really join the development team right now, I want to find other ways to contribute to the project.

(Sorry if this is considered necroposting, but it seems I am not allowed to send PM's at this time.)

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 01:24:33 am »
Your help is certainly very welcome. The best place to start is IRC ( http://webchat.freenode.net/ in channel #planeshift-sw ). You'll have to be a bit lucky to meet someone active in there, but that doesn't mean that some work isn't on the best way to get finished (maybe with your help).

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Arwym

• Wayfarer
  • IC: Niarwym Enarna
    • View Profile
    • Searching for Something - Niarwym's Journal
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 12:36:17 pm »
Excellent. Thanks for the information, Sen. I'll be around in IRC, then. :)