Author Topic: Cooking  (Read 2558 times)

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Cooking
« on: January 06, 2012, 04:01:52 am »
It's mentioned in the "letter from a friend" that you can take up cooking as a profession in Planeshift, and there are even a few quests you can do that seem to be leading to cooking. But I seem to have run out of quests in that line and still no sign of any ability to cook anything.
I have done every available quest from the 4 members of the food association in Hyldaa, and I'm stuck on the second quest in the "rats and recipies" line in Ojaveda because I can't get a trefang tooth (doesn't help that a trefang can kill me with 2 hits).
Does anyone know how to actually get started with cooking?
Once I find out (with or without help) I'd be happy to write a tutorial.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:36:46 am »
Hey raline,
You are definitely on the right way towards cooking with what you are trying now (sorry, can't by more specific here without violating the spoiler policy). The Tefusang is a problem for you, sure, but here's a hint: This is a muliplayer game, and there are many characters strong enough to hunt tefusangs. Ask around in character in main, or if you cannot find anybody, ask in gossip and make a date to meet "accidentally" in character. :)

Once you've got the cook book from the right quest, equip it in your mind slot in the inventory. Smiths, outfiters and general merchants sell kitchen tools. Another hint: by right-clicking you can read the book and see which recipes you are able to do. And: If someody or something tells you to put something on the preparation table for example, you have to righ-click the table, choose examine, and put the items in the container slots.

Good luck! I cannot be ingame at the moment, but I know of some nice cooks who certainly would be willing to give you some more help. Just ask around!

Best,
Minks

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:54:01 am »
A good place to find RP cooks is the Stonehead tavern in Gugrontid.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »
A good place to find RP cooks is the Stonehead tavern in Gugrontid.

Your talking about me!  \\o//
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:22:21 am »
Well I'm back at the start again (made an alt to find out what the advanced character setup was all about, then ended up preferring him because the fact he has a "past" made him easier to roleplay). Not sure why I chose a past that makes cooking still the most logical career though

Gillis Norone

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:59:15 pm »
I'm not sure, if it has been changed by now. The most important cookbook might still be at the end of a long quest chain. So you'll need lots of patience to get there. And if I remember correctly, there are about 5 different quest givers...

If you ever happen to see me online, feel free to send me a whisper for more help.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:58:16 pm »
I can't get a trefang tooth (doesn't help that a trefang can kill me with 2 hits).
Does anyone know how to actually get started with cooking?

My character normally has a few tefu teeth in her pocket. Just give me a tell in game.

- Nova

Urriro

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 02:49:58 am »
And I can give you also the teeth. I'm mostyl at the moment in Ojaveda or Hydlaa on the Leatherwork tables or do some hide and skin hunting around Ojaveda.
There are flowers everywhere for those who want to see them.

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:58:33 pm »
Thanks I already have 3 cookbooks now. (and another book I bought blank from Jayose which I use for figuring out which steps mentioned in the books are linked). I still wouldn't be able to get a tefusang tooth on my own.

bilbous

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 01:26:00 am »
I don't think you will ever actually need one to cook anything. It is a case similar to Trasok needing to use one for smelting better than Harnquist. Players just cannot do it. It is just a quest hook.

KayKay76

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:41 am »
Hello. Since I am still fairly new, and my question deals with cooking, I am putting my question here. I am sorry if it's the wrong place. I'm working through 'Cooking with Reffitia' in Oje. I got to the part where I had to dice tubers(the ones she gave me) for her dinner. However, still new to crafting, I ended up mincing instead of dicing. I gave what I had to her, she scolded me and charged me for the wrong ones. She then said I should do it again. Well, after I found tubers from a merchant, and tried again, and diced them, something messed up. I went to Reffitia, but I got 'npc has no information for you' when I clicked on her. Also, nothing I said to her triggered a reply. I also got 'refused trade' when I tried to give the items(the right amount of items) to her.

I want to finish this task. What do I do? Ask in game help? Do a bug report? Petition a GM to reset the quest? I am clueless.  Thank you for any reply.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:39:09 am »
Slap her.

bilbous

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:22 am »
It is possible that she was stuck in movement mode, try again later. It is also possible that you need to level up before you will get another chance. You might want to make an in game petition to have a GM look and see if there is something particularly wrong, but i believe a similar thing happened to me and at some later date I got a prompt again and finished it. I believe I ruined the grilled meat but I'm not positive.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »
There was a big in that quest where if you minced the tubers the quest would not continue properly. I believe the quest has been fixed but I'm not sure if the fix has been uploaded to the server yet. If ti isn't fixed you can do a petition and a GM can undo the bad step and you should be able to continue.