Author Topic: Be able to go offline/online in buddy list.  (Read 593 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Be able to go offline/online in buddy list.
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »
I think there should be anm option wether or not we want to be shown as 'online' or 'offline' in the buddy list, but still be online IG, sicne buddy list is OOC. And if your character wants to be alone IG, then you can turn the buddy list 'offline' so you wouldn't have to bother people /telling  you all the time.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Be able to go offline/online in buddy list.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 12:47:35 am »
Presently there are three ways you can work around not wanting to be seen in game.

1. Log off

2. Make an alt and hide on 'em.

3. Set tells to an automatic reply stating you don't want to talk to anybody.

They all seem to work pretty well.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:58:32 am »
3. - The "/away" command could be coupled with the buddy list display. Unfortunately, it would require a change in the network messages sent to update the buddy list content.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

sashia_mennar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:07:33 am »
Oh yes. And make groups, please. We have an aliases file anyway, can't it handle that as well?
Lotsa love, everyone!

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:55:46 pm »
Maybe the Buddy List could exist in its present form with one addition. The one you are trying to add to the Buddy List must confirm that they want to be on your buddy list. It is used, personally, to alert me when my enemies come online. Mine should be called the Enemies List. Not to worry folks it only has Ahriman and Oralon in it at present. 

- Nova    ;D

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:33:20 pm »
http://62.173.168.9/index.php?page=char_stats

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36145.0

Why do I post this? What's the point of asking for hiding infos in game that one can get without any problems from the server status page without even the need to be logged in. In the end I don't care at all about this but if you want to be not show as online in game then better ask for a way to suppress your status in the server-page also.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 03:36:47 pm »
Considering it now works this way for GMs (they won't show on your list as online, even though a /who will show them as online) then I expect it could work the same for characters. Of course, you have to kind of question the whole point of the online list then. Should people only show on the online list if they choose to be displayed as such? The point of the list is of course... what characters are online. I question the entire practicality of hiding references on an online list. If its really a problem, remove the buddy list, its OOC information anyway.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 11:33:55 pm »
Considering it now works this way for GMs (they won't show on your list as online, even though a /who will show them as online) then I expect it could work the same for characters. Of course, you have to kind of question the whole point of the online list then. Should people only show on the online list if they choose to be displayed as such? The point of the list is of course... what characters are online. I question the entire practicality of hiding references on an online list. If its really a problem, remove the buddy list, its OOC information anyway.

I think it is our right to be shown in somoene else's buddy list or not, and for the GM thing not popping up as online in buddy list, how come one time mine showed marathal as online?

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 01:47:24 am »
That's what my clients do, maybe it's a bug.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 03:10:34 am »
GMs can decide wether they want to hide from buddy lists, if I heard correctly. Some seem not to mind buddies knowing of their presence.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:25 am »

True, and I doubt it would be such a big deal to enable this option for anyone. You can still use a /who to see which friends are online. The buddy list seems to be used mainly for login notifications, although I like the feature to pop up multiple input fields for writing tells.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 04:43:14 am »
I would like this option in conjunction with Aiwendils Patch for executing commands on client startup. This way could everyone use a startup command to set himself visible or unvisible in the buddy list and we avoid the discussion about which should be default ;)

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!