Author Topic: Magic.  (Read 831 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Magic.
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:33:57 pm »
Most of the spells we have on PS is usually for gaining higher stats, or defense attacking, or healing. Basically most of the spells are for combat. I think there should be spells to like make yourself invisible for a short period of time (realm 5?) spells that, for those who cannot swim or cross river and/or lakes, can make like a rock bridge to cross, or SOMEthing like that (BrW?), Spells that heats something up, instead of using the furnace (also for heating tea for RP's)[red way], spells that lets you summon a monster (realm 5 CW?) and many other spells, not just for combat. Magic can be used in many ways.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
Re: Magic.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:51:24 pm »
wat chu talkin bout, aint no such ting as magic
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:51:26 am »
This would be a great feature; I haven't seen a whole lot of spells like these in other games.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 03:04:49 am »
There are not even all planned spells yet implemented with all unique effects, and you already "demand" completely different ones... ;)

Where shall we get all the developers who could be able to a) plan them all responsiby, b) code their effects, c) create their images?
__

BTW, sometimes it is incredible how little time people spend in verbalizing a descriptive thread title... :-\

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 11:04:06 am »
there are many things planned in that area, however there's still quite some way to go :P
next will be summoning a light (so you don't need a torch) which is already almost done
but invisibility, summoning creatures, ... that'll take a while ;)

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:20:07 pm »

Until then, you may want to take a look at the glyph and spell icons that are already present in your client, Maisent. One of them even has the very name of a thing you suggested ;)
And of course, we are all looking forward to new spells that are bit more subtle than "zap, you inflict 120 points damage."

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 04:51:12 pm »
there are already many of those ;)
like increased defence, attack, regeneration rates, "stealing" stats temporarily, ...

but really interesting things like stunning would indeed be nice :D

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 11:55:20 pm »
I think there is a spell planned that holds an opponent in place, but what about spells that knock opponents away from you?  That might make it easier to use magic in combat without hiding on a rock.  I was thinking a lower level spell that hits one target, and a higher level version that hits all nearby opponents.  Azure Way makes the most sense as creatures could be pushed back by high winds.  Of course this might be too hard to code, or cause problems when targets are pushed into objects or over uneven terrain.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:52:55 am »
Let's not forget a feature that a landed blow put spell casting out of action for a round or two. Or is that already implemented? My experience at the Champion's Cup made me feel this was not the case.

- Nova

Sluuph

• Traveller
  • Merry Met and Blessed Be!
    • View Profile
    • Daughters of Xiosia
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:05:00 am »
How about spells to support searching for "resources" -- a Brown Way spell that gives a hint where ore might be found; a Blue Way "Find Fish" spell...? (Harvesting currently doesn't need support, since the farmer can -- usually -- see the crops. But perhaps another Brown Way spell might find the more valuable herbs.)
Sluuph is "a daughter of DoX not quite becoming of a DoX daughter" --Zytorr

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:38 am »
I remember that I once had a similar suggestion... - Yes, as "Feature request" in the bugtracker.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:29:31 am »
yes, there's that request LigH, PS#4464
anyway, I think you already got there's still a whole bunch of stuff to implement in the magic system which is all easier to do and adds more interesting things than this, so it's not to be expected very soon.

racip

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 02:44:08 pm »
Yes Maisent , summon strange creatures for attack other NPCs , another feature that will be nice , is the NPCs Tribus, if you check out Ojaroad2 at the trepor Valley ,more variety of Glyphs, Blue way is a good way whit nice effects! is a pity that is only avalaible for GMs & devs (and players whit lucky to be on a GM event  :-X) however Brown way would be perfect way to make houses,walls, and you can use the trees or something like that  X-/
shot12.jpg

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 11:38:28 pm »
How about spells to support searching for "resources" -- a Brown Way spell that gives a hint where ore might be found; a Blue Way "Find Fish" spell...? (Harvesting currently doesn't need support, since the farmer can -- usually -- see the crops. But perhaps another Brown Way spell might find the more valuable herbs.)

yes i have been thinking about that, a brown way spell so that when you cast it either it

1) make minning easier for a few minutes
2) casting it to mine instead of using rock picks
and (as you suggested)
3) be able to see where there is ore

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 05:13:43 am »
Well i've been working on getting all the glyphs, the gm ones slip away sadly :(
but i would rather ask, instead of focusing completely on new spells, mabey have a little bit of time spent on the current ones here and their, to implement recoil, Impact spells like stone fist or energy arrow, they would have a knockback effect, Poison spells [stat reducers] would have a slowing effect? [ <-- just a thought] Defensive spells, such as defensive wind, might prevent people from being able to come to close? Oddball spells like freaze, darkness, light, would do things such as make the screen brighter/darker, or freaze a person..

thats just what i want to see done :D
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?