Author Topic: Photoshopping celebs  (Read 733 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Photoshopping celebs
« on: October 20, 2010, 07:09:26 pm »
Which one looks better?:

I know... it's crappy, my excuse is I only used photobucket. I don't have gimp or photshop.

Original....

After

omg soo bored :/

[If these photos are too big or causing lag i can make them smaller]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:04:56 pm by Maisent »

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Photoshopping celebs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 08:56:24 pm »
Original looks better.

-sig by sarras

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:05:48 pm »
I find non-Photoshopped images prettier myself - I find that celebrities on posters and magazines look like dolls - however, I'll offer what I've observed here. It's not bad for a first 'shop. You appear to be making liberal use of the Smudge tool. If you're going to Smudge part of a grainy image, you'll want to Smudge all the skin, which takes hours if you want it to look right in the end, and you really have to watch where you're mixing the lit and shadowed parts of the face. I'm not sure what exactly the pros do for skin, as I've only taken very basic classes in this kind of thing myself and the bulk of it was web templates. Rather than liquefying the lips to be poutier, I'd suggest seeing what you can do about the more prominent of the wrinkles. I'm not suggesting erasing them entirely, as that'd make them look too dollish, but just making them more subtle would probably suffice.

Also, GIMP is free; it's not a bad idea to get it if you wish to learn how to work the program's magic on your photos.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:37:22 pm »
Well. The Original looks like shes covered in make up, but the After one looks like her skin is more natural.

Either way really, depending on what people like best. The photoshopped one does look a little pixelated in areas.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:01:37 am »
@ Candy: Thanks, I am not using the smudge too. Photobucket only has blurring and fixing blemishes if i had gimp or photshop i would have done so much better.
@ Vakachehk: I don't think she even had make-up in the original one... that's why she has wrinkles, i think. I realize that it does look pixel-y.
@ Geoni: Ok.

More pic because i was bored again. UGH

Before-

After-

i didn't have a lot to do because i think she was edited already.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:58:09 am »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty