Author Topic: Stronger monsters?  (Read 436 times)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Stronger monsters?
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:12 pm »
I was wondering if there could be way stronger monsters in game. Not monsters that any 1 person can kill, like a monster that needs a whole group to kill. It could be a new monster or just up the stats of monsters now, like ulbernauts or maulbers. Maybe they can make that monster have anti - magic so you cant just mage it to death. Also the loot should be good amount, like 5 loots (since it can only be killed by a group, you would need more loots instead of just 1). The loots should cost a lot, and the monster should give more PP. Since if you have got high stats you can only get a little amount of PP. I think this would encourage more RP (Hunting groups).

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Stronger monsters?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »
well said.

the hunting group RP could be furthered once more alternate combat styles are introduced and individual roles can be played out.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:53:32 am »

I have the feeling something like that i s intended to be added for quite a while.
An important aspect of this is tribal behavior, such as minions protecting your superior mob, driven by procedures of a tribe object.
The problem with magic in PvM is not new at all, but it is certainly okay you emphasize it in this context.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 02:20:54 am »
The reason the monsters are the way they are NOW, was to encourage group fighting, though I understand where you come from, with monsters anyone can kill, yeah, anyone can kill them if they have 50 or above in skills...however its been the complaint of noobs for over a year now about how impossible it is to hurt rats and arangmas...I think we need balance more than challenge, like boni said, once the tribal is implemented, that will be well over enough for anyone, tribal is active on oja trepors [I believe] but only to an extent, but anyway, I can imagine that, all 4-5 dlayos coming at you at once, then you will wish they werent so high powered ;)
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:35:33 am »
Something I've been thinking about that could fit with this. Basically the introduction of Legendary Mobs.

At any time there could be a chance for a Legendary to spawn anywhere in the game world. Only one Legendary could be in existence at any time.Legendary would use a model chosen from those already ingame, ie Player character, npc, or creature. Legendary would have a random generated unique name and have sufficient ability and stat level to be seriously difficult for a group of high stat/ability characters to overcome.

Legendary could have a patrol path likely to bring it into contact with other mobs, npc's and players.

I would suggest behaviour to be either aggressive or passive, determined on creation.

Aggressive would attack anything it encountered whether they be player ,npc, or mob. [They could have the ability to kill quest npc's for instance encouraging people to group and deal with it].

Passive would defend itself, otherwise wander the landscape. [Offers multiple rp opportunities. Would one group be in favour of protecting this being while another wants to get rid of it?]

Unsure about loot, PP, rewards in general. Perhaps dealing with the threat alone would be sufficient.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:05:27 am »
Something I've been thinking about that could fit with this. Basically the introduction of Legendary Mobs.

At any time there could be a chance for a Legendary to spawn anywhere in the game world. Only one Legendary could be in existence at any time.Legendary would use a model chosen from those already ingame, ie Player character, npc, or creature. Legendary would have a random generated unique name and have sufficient ability and stat level to be seriously difficult for a group of high stat/ability characters to overcome.

Legendary could have a patrol path likely to bring it into contact with other mobs, npc's and players.

I would suggest behaviour to be either aggressive or passive, determined on creation.

Aggressive would attack anything it encountered whether they be player ,npc, or mob. [They could have the ability to kill quest npc's for instance encouraging people to group and deal with it].

Passive would defend itself, otherwise wander the landscape. [Offers multiple rp opportunities. Would one group be in favour of protecting this being while another wants to get rid of it?]

Unsure about loot, PP, rewards in general. Perhaps dealing with the threat alone would be sufficient.
[/quote ]http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=39731.0 :@#\

Imshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 09:42:43 am »
My suggestion is significantly different to yours Catlemur. You envisage a variance between individuals in groups of mobs. Viable and interesting. I am suggesting the possibility for a single mob of great power to spawn in the gameworld, only one could be in existence at any time. One Legendary Mob, not a variety of Legendary types. Also there is only a chance for one to spawn.There could be days, weeks, months, between spawns.....providing the first has been defeated.
"I am in spectacular shape and my trousers fit quite nicely."

Levrus Dahrenn

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »
My suggestion is significantly different to yours Catlemur. You envisage a variance between individuals in groups of mobs. Viable and interesting. I am suggesting the possibility for a single mob of great power to spawn in the gameworld, only one could be in existence at any time. One Legendary Mob, not a variety of Legendary types. Also there is only a chance for one to spawn.There could be days, weeks, months, between spawns.....providing the first has been defeated.
Fine.