Author Topic: [Player RP Event] Thugs in Hydlaa's streets  (Read 494 times)

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
[Player RP Event] Thugs in Hydlaa's streets
« on: May 14, 2015, 03:05:33 pm »
Some people are reporting suspicious behaviour in Hydlaa from a couple of people. Prudence is advised.

Some months before
A thug has attacked a citizen of Hydlaa.

People are now searching for the thug. Is he alone ? Why ? How ?
Diagmar has been caught and is now held in jail.

[You can join the RP by different ways : Being a victim, fighting the thug(s), being a rival thug, helping them... Your choice !
This post will be edited as the search makes progress and as things are revealed.
You can post your discoveries on this thread, post screens... It's yours now =D]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:49:43 pm by Jilerel »

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [Player RP Event] Thugs in Hydlaa's streets
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:53:00 pm »
*You can notice small blood patches in the entrance of the first road to the Bronze Doors, they stop at the middle of the road*

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:58:29 pm »
This was great! Really enjoyed about the situation at the road.i bet those two guys will have the burn marks for long time...  ;D pitty that i missed the aftermath situation. I try to post logs and picture as soon as im able.

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 08:17:37 am »
*More blood patches in front of the Bronze Door bridge*

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »
Diagmar has been arrested. Mysteries lies on what exactly happened : Diagmar accusing other people of complicity...

Will the town find peace again ?

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:30:56 am »
Certainly  :P well unless you bribe guards  ::)

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:09:17 am »
Part 1, a meeting in the sewers

Hungrily, the Enki enters the sewers. A few grilled rats on a stick, now that'd just be to his liking. A few hours and frantic baths in the sewage later, a bundle of rats, tied on their tails, can be seen hanging over his shoulder, right next to where his crossbow rests. He's on his way up ... if only he could ever remember which way was out ... as he notices some movement in a corner of his eye. Under normal circumstances, he'd probably not investigate, as he holds the opinion that whatever moves in the corner of one's eye should stay just there, but today, he's hungry, and the promise of a giant rat, too fat to fit back into it's hole, is far too alluring not to check. He climbs over a few pieces of rubble, but to his dismay, it is a person lurking beneath a cover of furs instead of a tasty rat. He briefly ponders whether the person is or has anything edible, but dismisses that quickly, as Ylians have a dreadful taste, in more than just one respect.

As he reaches for his crossbow and approaches the Ylian, he can hear him utter "No escape for me this time. I guess. Who's that ?". Escape? The Enki wonders for a brief moment as it dawns on him that he knows the Ylian. "You. What of all people are you doing here?". A brief expression of confusion shows on his face before a more determined one replaces it. He readies his crossbow and aims it at where the Ylian is sitting "Where's my money?"

The Ylian shrugs coolly "Got captured, managed to escape." as he points at his blood stained clothes "That was the price to pay . The hunters healed me to get me alive to the courthouse.". The Enki raises an eyebrow in disbelief "You're saying they captured you after I helped you escape and that you got no money?". The Ylian shakes his head "Got some trias, and a valuable knife from a hunter.". The Enki, now quite angry, makes a threatening gesture with his crossbow "You better show what you got then.". The Ylian tosses a knife and a purse towards the Enki "Currently, not much. But I have some valuables that might be valuable underground. Medicinal plants mainly.". The Enki leans down and browses the contents of the purse with one hand, he frowns "You're useless to me."

The Ylian grins "I have what you could call... a plan.". The Enki narrows his eyebrows, his patience wearing thinner "Like the one where I wake up with a few hundred circles next to me?". The Ylian chuckles and smirks "In this case, it would be more."

The Enki spits at the ground in front of him "I ain't a scholar but I call bullshit when I see it. We're taking a walk to the courthouse now where I collect a fee on your head." The Ylain simply shakes his head and points at a bag widely open. "This. Open it." he says to the Enki, who shakes his head in reply"I think you're going to open it for me while I keep this crossbow pointed at your chest..". The Ylian, quite clearly exhausted from his wounds, coughs while he stands up. "That burning... You could have let the hunters in town, instead of sending them in my direction.". He gets on his knees and takes the bag in his hands, then stands up once more "Here. Have a look." he says as he shows the bag to the Enki.

The Enki reluctantly steps closer and attempts to press the crossbow against the Ylian's chest. The Ylian opens wider the bag coitaining some plants "Trefoil, devil's claw." and then stands back "Get that out of me." he says with spite in his voice. The Enki is taken aback. "Plants?!", irritation clearly audible in his voice. The Ylian changes to a somewhat confounding tone "Do you know what these are ? Do you know what they are doing ?". The Enki nods once and replies "But you better get to the part where I get money soon or you'll have to pull a bolt out of your chest.". The Ylian shakes his head quickly grinning but still nervous from the idea of the bolt. "Let me explain." and takes out a Trefoil leaf and smells on it "That's a good one. Trefoil. Have really good effect in the psychology of the people taking them.". Next, he takes a Devil's claw flower "Bit dried out. They have a relaxing effect on the people taking them also.".

Annoyedly, the Enki sighs. The Ylian addresses him once more "Do you make the link ?". The Enki stares at the Ylian and ponders, not quite making any connection. He looks at the Ylian with disdain "You're a fucking disgrace. Get on your knees." The Ylian's breathing speeds up as he gets on his knees "I guess you didn't see a link. With a bit of knowledge, we could use them as an addictive substance, and make profit out of it !". The Enki takes a step back and carefully aims his crossbow. "I want money. Now. You have any?" he says, reinforcing his previous statement. "Take the purse and the knife." the Ylian says. The Enki shakes his head "Where's my hundred circles?". Confident of himself, the Ylian replies "There. In front of you.". The Enki shakes his head in disagreement. "That's herbs. So you have no money?". The Ylian sighs "Do you have anything in your head besides weapons ?!"

In that second, something inside the Enki's head flips in anger. He's had enough of that feisty Ylian and his lectures. With a small movement of his finger, he releases the trigger of his crossbow and sends a bolt flying Diagmar's way.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:11:51 am by Donari Tyndale »

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 06:47:32 am »
Part 2, escape from Hydlaa

Diagmar takes the bolt in his torso and coughs, falling to the ground. The Enki quickly reloads his crossbow and shoots yet another bolt at Diagmar, who falls unconscious. The Enki forward and kicks Diagmar to check his reaction, which is absent. Blood is seeping from Diagmar's wounds. In a calm motion, the Enki leans down and ties a rope on Diagmar's hands behind his back, then ties the feet as well. For a second, it might look like the Enki is conflicted, pondering whether to let Diagmar bleed to death or not. With a sigh, he grabs Diagmar, quite a lightweight, loads him onto his shoulders.

The Enki makes his way through the sewers as he suddenly spots a person in front of him. "Now this is awkward." he mumbles to himself. The Nolthrir shortly greets him "Hello.", which the Enki returns with a grin "Hello." and drops the body to the ground, which makes a splash as it lands in the muddy water that slowly turns red from the blood, drawing his crossbow. "Hold on." the Nolthrir says in an appeasing tone. The Enki aims the crossbow at the Nolthrir "Do we have a problem here?", who shakes his head "I'm just talking to Gorbiak here..."
The Enki nods slowly "Right. What do you see here?"

The Nolthrir pauses a moment before replying "I don't care about what goes on here in the sewers. I'm just exploring and killing rats. I see a warrior who carries his wounded friend around." Satisfied with the answer, the Enki smiles and moves to sheath his crossbow "Good", but after a brief second, he hesitates "On second thought." and readies the crossbow once more. The Nolthrir points a the Diagmar "You should really get him some help.". The Enki nods "You'll carry him." and gestures at where the body is lying. The Nolthir agrees reluctantly "Hm, okay..." and heaves the body on his shoulders "Come on, lightweight" he says to the unconscious Diagmar. "Lead the way" he says to the Enki, who motions for the Nolthrir to follow him. In silence, the group leaves the sewers through the tavern exit where they make their way through the narrow alleys to a bench over the forge overlooking Hydlaa, cautious to avoid the guards. The Enki motions for the Nolthrir to drop Diagmar onto the bench "Put him there", which the Nolthrir complies with. Inquisitively, the Nolthrir asks "So, what now?". Trying to gather his thoughts, the Enki pauses a moment, then counts some coins from the purse Diagmar handed to him earlier. "Now, get me a health potion from Sharven. And you can have a lot more of where that came from.". The Nolthrir nods "Sharven, okay. Be right back.".

While the Nolthrir is absent, the Enki takes a rope from his back and drops it down behind the wall, leading all the way down to the hill over Harnquist's, then tying it to the wooden pole of a building next to him. Cautiously, he then checks on the strength of the rope. After he is satisfied he goes to check on Diagmar, who is quite clearly in a bad shape, white, pale, unconscious and probably dying from blood loss. Oblivious to the situation, the Enki sits down next to Diagmar and breathes deeply, relaxing for a moment.

After a moment, the Nolthrir returns "I got some potions". The Enki looks at him and opens his palm "Hand them to me." and receives a few bottles full of reddish liquid. He swiftly opens one of the bottles forces its contents down Diagmar's throat, whose wounds slowly start to close, his situation stabilizing somewhat. The Enki then looks to Nolthrir and points to the rope he attached to the wooden pole with a grin on his face "Now, help me get him down.". The Enki moves to drag the body towards the edge of the wall, as, with a look of disbelief on his face, the Nolthrir replies "Can't we just take the stairs?". The Enki looks over his shoulder and shortly answers "We can't be seen with him. He's wanted.". In understanding, the Nolthrir nods "Oh, I'll help." as the Enki takes another rope and ties it around Diagmar's torso, then leads the rope around a pole, making a winch. The Enki hands the free end of the rope to Nolthrir "Can you let go of the rope, slowly, so he descends and arrives in one piece?". The Nolthrir nods and grabs the robe. Meanwhile, the Enki heaves Diagmar on the wall and climbs up there himself. "Tighten the rope." he says to Nimuialwin. "Got it" the Nolthrir replies and slowly lets Diagmar descend. He asks "Should I follow after you?". The Enki shakes his head "No, you can follow the stairs, it's safer." and grabs hold of the second rope he tied earlier, climbing down after Diagmar, making sure he doesn't bump the wall too violently.

After they descend, the Enki unties the ropes and grabs Diagmar, lifting him on his shoulders. Meanwhile, the Nolthrir arrives on the hill and follows the Enki with his still living cargo. They make their way up the mountain, towards the hill the Arena, then head for the forests near the magic shop. They enter a thick overgrowth of vegetation, through which one can hardly see more than a few metres. They follow a narrow path, eventually arriving at a small den made out of a few sticks, hides. A campfire is simmering in front of the small hut. The Nolthrir remarks "Oh, nice place you got here.", to which the Enki responds with a grin and a clearly fake attempt to speak nobly "Kindly thanks.".

The Enki drops Diagmar against a tree and unties his hands, only to retie them around the tree. Then, he kneels down in front of Diagmar and slaps him in his face. Diagmar, a little more in his spirits then when his wounds were still bleeding, slowly opens his eyes and coughs. The Enki uncorks another bottle of healing potion and forces it into Diagmar's mouth, who is reluctantly swallowing the liquid. "Keep drinking", the Enki says. "This will hurt. A lot.". The Nolthrir is quietly observing the two as the Enki reaches for the bolts in Diagmar's chest and pulls them out in one quick motion, hoping the healing potion will heal the bleeding as it starts.

[Maybe there'll be a part 3 writeup of the events ;D which lead to Diagmar's incarceration. Thanks goes to both Diagmar and the Nolthrir aka Nimuialwin for the quite fun RP!]

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 05:33:03 am »
Is it still going on? Enjoyed it so much :)

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 10:44:01 am »
Might come back soon.

Jilerel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 02:50:02 pm »
Some citizens are reporting suspicious behaviour in Hydlaa from a couple of people. Prudence is advised.