Author Topic: Planeshift Game Review on Youtube  (Read 416 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Planeshift Game Review on Youtube
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:03:58 pm »
I stumbled upon this today after opening an old facebook account that I thought I had deleted.

Check it out and give this guy a like or a subscribe.  :thumbup:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:16:52 pm by Rigwyn »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Planeshift Game Review on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »
I like this guy; he's funny. Also, once I'm feeling up to it, expect a bombardment of forum threads about how to address the very valid issues he raised. :whistling:

Quick question though, can an NPCs be scripted to greet a player, like Silaces does in the tutorial, if they have an available quest? Bonus if they could use the greet animation, but give a special emote text informing players that the NPC looks like they may want to talk.

Poor Kaerli though.

However, the guy makes one very salient point. PS' shining point is the RP, everything else is much harder to take without that. Now, I need to rest up, so I can get back to work on overhauling the tutorial so that it doesn't have to be automatically skipped.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:25:37 pm by Illysia »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:23:39 pm »
He makes some good points in his criticism. One of which is the negative comments made by NPCs when they are not ready to talk to you. In retail, people are careful to avoid "Negative Signing" or putting up signs that say things like "Don't do this", or "No X". The bright red response from the NPCs is kind of off putting in that sense.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 10:03:42 pm »
That can be solved with a color change and rewording to say something to the effect of needing to speak with other NPCs before this one is ready to deal with you. Gosh, so much to address. I need to just break down and start those new threads so these things can be discussed.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 05:41:23 am »
We Devs actually happened across this a few weeks ago when we were looking into adding me as a manager of the youtube channel. We all loved it.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 01:21:35 am »
did y'all seriously add voices to PC text?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 03:48:35 am »
Well that was quite satisfying video, exspecially seeing you guys in the video interacting with the videomaker ;D

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 04:19:43 am »
KAERLI IS IN THE VIDEO. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I CANT GET OVER THIS

FBASDFLKHSDFJN
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 08:23:36 am »
did y'all seriously add voices to PC text?

No, that was the video maker being creative and silly.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 12:11:04 pm »
I had also discovered this good review, and made some helpful (?) comments to it.
I have done the same for several other video reviews on youtube, in German and English.