Author Topic: Death  (Read 2512 times)

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Death
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 06:55:38 am »
Make everything craftable, remove all NPC's (Yes and quests), cease all GM events and have them moderate as guards IC, remove gossip channel and make everywhere pvp. XD

You laught but it might just work.

I doubt it, I think a lot of those ideas would create more problems than they solve. Having more craftable things and GM's guards being around would be nice however.
Larili Soriol

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 09:31:01 am »
You need players.

The game isn't boring because of the lack of gms, guards and craftsble things. It's boring because nobody is on.

Perhaps a better question to ask is, how did ps get such a large playerbase initially, and how do you repeat that.

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:42 pm »
If PS is boring because of a lack of players then that itself is likely a leading reason for a lack of players. It's hard to get more players that stay if the game is boring. Therefore we would need to do something to make people stay besides RP without shifting the game's focus completely away from it.

From what I understand PS was popular because it was novel at the time, had decent graphics(while currently it's subpar) and for the time decent gameplay(which again in my opinion is subpar nowadays). the last two points are made worse by the performance and limitations of the server/game. (sidenote as is obvious I wasn't there so this is just how I interpreted comments as seen in Gossip or on the forum.)

The move to the unreal engine may solve/diminish these things somewhat but gameplay may need to be looked at to make it more engaging than it currently is, what to do however is quite hard and I really have no clue. One idea I would entertain is to make crafting more freeflowing, instead of having strict items that need to be combined you would have items that fit a certain role and combine them that way. haves certain types of guards, certain types of handles and certain types of blades, each modifying the end result in a certain way. For tea this may simply means that tea can be made from any combination of plants, some of which may be very bad and some combinations very good. Something like this would give quite a different dimension to alchemy and it promotes people trying things out instead of just following instructions aswel as specialization.

Although I do entertain that idea I know it's, politely said, a huge pain to create and maintain so it's likely infeasible to actually do that.
Larili Soriol

Mr Tennet

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • The Lodge Forum
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2017, 05:48:41 am »
It is down to the current players to keep PS interesting enough for new players, don't rely on the devs and GM's to do it. I see PS as retro gaming these days, maybe marketing it in this genre might help the player count.
The large print giveth and & the small print taketh away.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 08:16:28 am »
Lol

Exciting 2d graphics
7bit music
Your choice of 5 avatars
Chat box enabled!

I see your point though....

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2017, 12:58:13 pm »
i had a dream last night that i created a new character and played. it was volki who found me out.

adios mi amigos
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2017, 03:37:50 pm »
Interesting.

Are you going to be in-game again? You playing something else?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2017, 05:05:10 pm »
i'm deeply immersed in the game of RL right now.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2017, 10:36:55 pm »
i had a dream last night that i created a new character and played. it was volki who found me out.

adios mi amigos

Sounds unrealistic. It should've been Kaerli.

Also articles in Spanish can have a plural form. Thus, "mi amigo" but "mis amigos".

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."