Author Topic: The Sneaky Emerald aka The Tavern Unheard Of  (Read 476 times)

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The Sneaky Emerald aka The Tavern Unheard Of
« on: March 16, 2020, 07:49:27 am »
From Damola's diary:

It so happened that I went into our new little sneaky location right in the sight of Amidision. Of course I waited for her to look in the other direction before I entered stealthily:

In the anticipation of our first public opening – public so to say, cause we still needed to go stealthily about it – I brought some more beverages and snacks with me to store them in the house. So I entered the house and rejoiced at what we made out of what have been covered by piles of dust before.

I started to store what I have brought with me as Mishka entered the house.

She told me that they are coming… they? But we did not even set a date for the first opening yet! However she told me a drunken dwarf got banned from Kada El's and she sent a messenger to notify me. However that messenger never found the house it seems.

Well… as I was almost ready with the preparations I thought how bad could it be and hurried up to complete storing what I brought with me.

Soon enough the first people arrived and the place was quite crowded quickly enough. As Mishka sent to groffel to Jocas for me, my love also arrived quite soon. What a happy day! It felt like in the good old times of opening The Red Crystal Den!

Mishka hold a little speach and I also did. I welcomed the people and I reminded about The Red Crystal Den. Also I explained why we likely are going to close down the place after this one grand opening of it. After all, we would need to continue to be sneaky about it or reach a settlement with the Octarchy, which could be difficult even with Jocas help. So glad Jocas tolerated all of this and even supported it generously despite his close relations with the Octarchy. But I also pondered: No matter how long this house has been left untouched, what if someone of its inhabitants come back and find something completely different? I am not sure how I would feel about that. So our intention is to give it back in its original state. I discussed this with both Jocas and Mishka already.

It all went so well. Jocas told some nice jokes. I am certain with one about telling Nolthrir women a joke he wanted to tease me – but I am smarter than falling for that! Gorub told a great story about how Gorub and Gonger faced some fierce monsters. Migg and I played some songs. Eurac told a few more jokes, albeit he appeared to have been quite drunk at that time. Karrt joined us as well and helped me with the bar, so I could have a little quiet time with my loved one as well. He even played some songs himself.

And then a very special little friend also appeared. I did not see this Yulbar for quite a while, but I am totally certain it is the same Yulbar that payed The Red Crystal Den a visit so often just to sneak a little treat. I gave him a Sweet Honey Bread after he already kind of stole one. But how would that little cutie have any idea of what property may be? Also… this house isn't ours to begin with as well.

The Yulbar often came alone, but this time we had a Groffel to accompany it. He visited us as I was with Jocas again.

So what a successful day this was! I can only thank my dear friend Mishka so much for showing me this house. It was unlocked as she found it. And to complete all of the goodness, the Octarchy did not interfere at this beautiful evening. I bet they still did not notice it.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:48:09 am by Damola »
Love,
Damola

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Sneaky Emerald aka The Tavern Unheard Of
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 07:50:03 am »
Many thanks also go to Uadjet for making this possible and for the great idea with the drunken dwarf!
Love,
Damola

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 08:01:29 am »
[OOC note: If you happen to be in the guild who has the house. Two things:

1) It's your house. It really is. You can have it back any time. And we will restore it to the state we found it in as good as we can. I do have some screenshots like it was before.

2) Better keep your house locked next time :)

There is no bad intention, the opportunity on this was just too good to let it slip through and it made so much sense ICly for both Mishka and Damola]
Love,
Damola

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 12:44:26 pm »
Conclusion: Make sure your houses are left closed...  ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:05:58 pm by Wocib »