Author Topic: Police  (Read 1453 times)

Distruzione_di_Massa

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Police
« on: December 27, 2004, 03:19:03 pm »
i think that a good way  of handling the porblem could be the creation of police npc..
some strong pack of policemen patrolling cities will make someone think two times before attacking other people, just like in real life. Those policemen would wander patrolling and attaking or taking measures against unauthorized combats. this system will give a great improvement to our fantasy world politics and social relations, as policeman will certanly not be present everywhere and evil chars will gather outside cities in forests or whatever to pick on travellers. Reacting to this, people will travel in packs, hire guards, create guilds of paid protection and whatever..when a route becomes too hard to journey across, city governors could decide to send their men cleaning the area from crime and so on, creating a deep level of complexity and possibilities

GideoN

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 06:32:18 pm »
Its a interesting idea :) .. But i think it would be guards or \"soldiers\" of hydlaa. <-- \" The Laanx templars or guardians\" :P.

Noctis Lamnia

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 06:39:08 pm »
Good idea, me wants idea in game.

^_^
Night has come.  Will you fall to its blade?

moria belgium

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 05:16:46 am »
I think it\'s a great id  but if you\'re catched  you must pay or do something to be free again

Black_rose

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • If I could I would, but I don't know how.
    • View Profile
    • My myspace is all I have
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 08:03:44 am »
i like the idea, but it has been said alot, search
KABLUMMPPP!

Eramon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 08:20:56 am »
and you could add dirty law enforcers
I trust everyone. I don\'t trust the devil inside them.

Ashamn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 05:11:18 pm »
Nice idea, really liked it a lot of it.
But we cant have bugs on this cops cause nobody would like to be attacked by them for no reason :).
Draw me not without reason
 Sheath me not without honor
[/I]

Slagle

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Town Gaurds would be cool.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 12:25:07 am »
If they are going to have thievery, they should have Town Gaurds. And hireable mercenarys to gaurd you when you are out of town. and when a person is caught  they get a heavy fine. characters of the Knight proffession should be able to sign up as the town gaurd and attack\\arrest thieves, and get paid for each thieve they kill. but if we had thieves....people would join together and raid all the towns people and run off.

Dauntless

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 07:48:35 am »
It would be a great idea if you could be a police man :D . To patrol and get money and exp when you get a thife. I would love to choose police as a job :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 07:49:05 am by Dauntless »

Andy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Shout for guards
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 07:10:25 pm »
I think it would be cool to add the ability to shout for the guards, if you are under attack in a city, and the guards would come and aid the defender/make an arrest.

This would solve the PVP issues in the city, but not in other places.  I kinda like the idea tho.

Akanaz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 08:55:59 pm »
I bet it would be difficlt to add such a feature.....as that is actually a larger feature then it seems. It would be very cool though.

cossack

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 11:13:17 am »
yeah i like the idea but what if the attacker has no money and can\'t pay a fine?

Alfdaur

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 10:51:00 am »
I find this a great idee (,was thinking  this of myself).

Maybe instead of a fine, we could let them be attackable by the town gaurd each time. So then evry time they enter the that city they will become attackd

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 03:12:20 pm »
Guards are a good idea and will probably be in the game, But they do not solve pk issues.  

Players will just pick targets that can be killed before gaurds can react, and if guards are attackable eventually someone will kill the guards and wreak havock on the city, then afterwards you can expect to have the gaurds killed on a daily basis byt the same group untill they are baned.

Frank

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2005, 11:04:28 pm »
well after they kill so many guards by  one person or a group of ppl they just make them spwan stronger. I like the idea but if they do put this in the game except it to be a very very very very looooonnnng timmmmeee. If the dev want to go though all the trobles they will have putting the guards