Author Topic: Non-fatal PvP (Brawling)  (Read 711 times)

Aravi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Non-fatal PvP (Brawling)
« on: January 16, 2005, 12:35:48 am »
Basically, brawling is a no-weapons fist fight where the loser is knocked unconscious for a short timespan (5-10 seconds max) but otherwise suffers no harm. After a brawl is finished, those two players cannot brawl for maybe 1-2 minutes to prevent griefing.

Brawling wouldn\'t be permitted everywhere (eg, not in city square). Only in localised areas such as inns and taverns. Given that some races, ie Dwarves, have strong pride that is known to get them into fights, it will simply allow this aspect to be role-played. No theft of items or other harm comes to the loser of the fight, just a few seconds unconscious before he goes to the bar and orders another drink.

dying_inside

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 06:15:53 am »
heh....  i think you got this from the  late warhammer online no ?
they were going to do that . in exactly the same fashion . raverns and the like. well i cant say it wouldnt be fun to do .

Vandel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 10:53:52 am »
This is kinda what I was thinking for the arena, or combat training.  As a means to train instead paying.  The winner would gain experience, while the loser just went home with a bloody nose.

It would be impossible to kill someone, just to bring them within an 1\" of their life.  Naturally they would have to let their health recover, for X amount of time, or they\'d likely just end up losing again.

I\'m all for PKing... under the right circumstances.  And this if it was exapanded to armed combat, would yeild essentially the same result.

-=[Life is Good, RPG\'s are better!]=-

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 12:15:52 pm »
Non-fatal PvP is already possible, but less than 0.1% of all PSers seem to know about the /yeild command. :P

Vandel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 02:20:09 pm »
Originally posted by Moogie
Non-fatal PvP is already possible, but less than 0.1% of all PSers seem to know about the /yeild command. :P

/yeild... errr... I before E except after C... so that\'d be /yield.  Man I feel like idiot... was typing that in trying to figure out why it was complaining command doesn\'t exist. ;) lol.

I must be tired.

** EDIT ** forgot what I was gonna type... I am tired. ;(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 02:23:17 pm by Vandel »

-=[Life is Good, RPG\'s are better!]=-

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 05:41:56 pm »
Moogie I don\'t think you realize how duels go in the higher levels ;) At the moment I kill people weaker then me in one double strike (two swords so hit as one).

People at my strength it useally takes two, but seeing it takes him just as long it\'s all who is a little faster or if someone fails an attack and you don\'t know untill the hits are being made and then it\'s to late for /yield ;)

Just saying when armor starts to work /yield might be possible again but atm the duels are just to fast and to dependant to if someone fails one attack or not.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 05:44:44 pm by Pestilence »