Author Topic: I think pking should be a feature  (Read 6141 times)

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2002, 10:54:53 pm »
Originally posted by kinshadow

Wow ... your touchy.  It was just a suggestion that I think would all \'players\' happy.  I have no fears that PS team will do what they want with or without my interjections.

Polls and surveys have been done countless times in countless developments and the fact is the numbers for non PvP systems out weigh the numbers for those that want PvP. It is just that the small group of players that want PvP are very vocal about their desire to PvP. Their numbers are small but their voices are loud. This tends to get anoying, every five days someon has to bring up PvP once again and again try to explain how they feel it must be part of a game. The PvP issue is as dead of a horse as it could get.

Cyo, nothing that has been said hasn\'t already been said and said again. Someone always thinks they have a way to make PvP work but the fact is in all those that try, it fails. You must either have a full out PvP system and please the few or you go with a PvE system and please the masses. So far I have yet to see anything that has so called new to try that hasn\'t already been tried. So if Vengeance deleted your post it was for the simple fact this issue is trired and useless.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2002, 11:39:47 pm »
Actually, I\'m suprised the boards went so long without someone saying something about pking...it had been a while :P

As for you cyo, you should know better  8o (jk)

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2002, 11:57:26 pm »
Originally posted by Kendaro
Originally posted by kinshadow

Wow ... your touchy.  It was just a suggestion that I think would all \'players\' happy.  I have no fears that PS team will do what they want with or without my interjections.

Polls and surveys have been done countless times in countless developments and the fact is the numbers for non PvP systems out weigh the numbers for those that want PvP.

The last poll about PvP was a long long time ago...things can change. perhap its time for a new poll? just a suggestion.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2002, 12:30:43 am »
I dont mean specificly here for this one project but over many projects all doing polls and in each of them PvP has lost. They are done of development sites, fan sites, and many other places where devs of different projects go to get public opinion.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2002, 01:36:08 am »
Cyonamie,

If I deleted a legitimate post of yours, it was inadvertent.  Just post it again.

Sorry,
Venge

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2002, 01:38:28 am »
And I wasn\'t being \"touchy\" about that other post either.  On the contrary, I think YOU are being touchy to react so strongly to me saying that if you want a PvP game you should build one.  :-)

The dev team as it stands now are almost all dead set against PvP.  You might as well be arguing that we build it all as a 2d side-scroller.  It isn\'t going to happen.

- V

Veretta Hayes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2002, 02:37:52 pm »
ugh.. there are a lot of games that allow PK, but in most of them all that happens is that the PKs hang around the NooB areas and kill them(Or something like that) , which really REALLY (Ad Infinitum) sucks.

Don\'t take life seriously, It\'s not like you\'re gonna get out of it alive.

Veretta Hayes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2002, 02:43:56 pm »
Erm.. oops... didnt see the second page :D.

My point stands, however. Most PKers (that I have seen) are just cowardly B***ards that get kicks out of killing NooBs.

And before anyone say anything, I didnt say ALL PKers.

Don\'t take life seriously, It\'s not like you\'re gonna get out of it alive.

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2002, 06:03:10 pm »
Post Removed
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 01:21:31 pm by Cyonamie »

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2002, 06:32:03 pm »
Woohoo I\'m on my way to becoming not only the most Loyal, but also Longest Lasting fan!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
The Great Linksunius

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2002, 07:25:33 pm »
You wish Link....

See ya Cyo :P

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2002, 03:48:09 am »
Link the longer you lick that area the longer your tongue tastes like a toilet bowl... no bum licky, or choclate brownie favour mining.

anywho on a lighter note, ive been playing on teh PvP server on teh european DaoC the last week, and aside from teh odd noob camping mass murderer or elitist \"sun shines from out our collective asses\" Nolby Pride guild members, most of us where quite civil, although I did have the odd urge to gank teh odd blue or green on occasion, but resisted.

Its the players that make or break the PvP sytem in games.

Voldengrath

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2002, 10:14:32 am »
we should have pvp because it is cool and i think it will work because it is cool.

hahaha j/k Im really against PvP, it just makes people really power hungry arrogant people sometimes. I mean, some people are nice about PvP, but some people can camp your body, so when you wanna come back to get your stuff, they just slay you again. Wheres the fun in that? :rolleyes:
Voldengrath Blake

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2002, 01:16:42 pm »
I\'m not really for or against PvP, I mean, It\'d be nice to slaughter everyone every now and then, you know, just because I\'d be able to...but other than that I have no use for it :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 01:18:44 pm by Kiern »

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2002, 06:29:33 pm »
ah, theres that player attitude keirn.. slaughter every one because i can. That is the primary problem with PvP...