Author Topic: I think pking should be a feature  (Read 6140 times)

Severed Hope

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2002, 02:12:34 am »
No PKING! Noooooooooooooo! None! Please?

I hate it when I am playing something and happily prancing around in my elven leotards of +3 happiness and +2 rainbows/bunnyrabbits when some jerk comes along and decides he needs to take his pent up agressions out on me.

I could SEE it if they were PLAYING a villian -- but they aren\'t ussually, it\'s ussually some sort of holy-paladin kind of character... BAKA!

Zerbean

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2002, 05:50:34 pm »
Originally posted by Severed Hope
No PKING! Noooooooooooooo! None! Please?

I hate it when I am playing something and happily prancing around in my elven leotards of +3 happiness and +2 rainbows/bunnyrabbits when some jerk comes along and decides he needs to take his pent up agressions out on me.

I could SEE it if they were PLAYING a villian -- but they aren\'t ussually, it\'s ussually some sort of holy-paladin kind of character... BAKA!

lol... ok that was funny ;)

anyways... Pk\'ing is an intricate part of any MMORPG... it can actually make or break an online game... of course there will always be those little \'carebears\' that want nothing to do but hoard their pixelated treasures, and want no involvement with other people whatsoever. But what better way to get them involved with the rest of the community, by having a pk system... UO\'s pk system WAS good... over the past few years, its just gone down the crapper, with the addition of Trammel... and many other non pk elements added... although many strives are being implemented to bring back the old system...

Id love it if there was a pk system in PS, but I can live without it as long as I will be able to fight other online players :) Guild wars, and dueling will have to do for me... :(

But I know of many people that would flock to this game if there was a PK system introduced... actually im sure I could get a few without it... but these people live for pk\'ing... as do many...

Xaminor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2002, 08:23:29 pm »

So very true,
and then after having thier pound of flesh, be off to the next game they could party on.

oh well..

pvp optional  then u can play the game here or if u so desire go back to one of those better games.

peace,

xam

Icystars  Mage/Fighter

Hunters of Hel
http://www.huntersofhel.web1000.com/

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2002, 11:36:29 pm »
Originally posted by Zerbean

But I know of many people that would flock to this game if there was a PK system introduced... actually im sure I could get a few without it... but these people live for pk\'ing... as do many...

And just as many or more will leave because of it...it works both ways

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:01 am »
If you want PK\'ing I know how you can get it. Just a secret between me and the people who want it though.
Go find a game with PK\'ing. That\'s how.
The Great Linksunius

Zerbean

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2002, 08:29:35 pm »
Originally posted by Link
If you want PK\'ing I know how you can get it. Just a secret between me and the people who want it though.
Go find a game with PK\'ing. That\'s how.

Unfortunately there aren\'t many games out with a good pvp system :( otherwise id be more than happy to...

but PS looks like it could be good... guild wars and such can make up for a lack of a pk system ;)

Ragnarok

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2002, 11:49:06 pm »
Ok, im not sure if this has already been asked... but how difficult will it be to start a guild war?  I mean, if its as easy as setting up a guild then they might just enable PvP and save us the hassle...
~Ragnarok~
Three ice ages will fall upon the world, known as the Fimbulvetr. The time will arrive and the cocks will crow. The fire giants led by Surt will come out of Muspelheim. Naglfar, the ship made out of dead men\'s nails, will carry the frost giants to the battlefield, Vigrid....

Xaminor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
yep still luv this
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2002, 01:50:51 am »
must be at least 5 or 6 beta\'s

\" looks like this could be a good game for pk\"

or some such verbatum as that..

so common think it is copied from message board to message board.

oh well..

keep those cards and letters comin folks.

peace

xam
Icystars  Mage/Fighter

Hunters of Hel
http://www.huntersofhel.web1000.com/

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2003, 11:44:19 am »
(sorry on the late reply)

lol, i guess your right link, I am away alot.

but thats only cause I use my schools comp and I have

a life outside of planeshift. not that you don\'t or

anything it\'s just i like interacting with humans in the

flesh some times (if yah know what i mean, he-he)

I also play other games, console games actualy.

speaking of console games, anyone play Bmx XXX, on xbox?

its fun but I think yah should steer clear of the play station version, no nudity. Its cool \'n all just for such a crappy bmx sim you need the nudity to help you play through this hard thing.

oh and need for speed 2 was ok...in the demo version!
The release sucks ass.  For some reason they took out the \"zoom ahead\" feature and slowed the speed at witch you move. I mean the speedometer might say 300,
but it really looks like your taking a cruise down the strip. Also that xoom ahead feature, the one that let you see danger befor you hit it, was just about the neatest thing it had going for it also the screwed up physics had me trip\'n hit the edge of another vehicle  at 90mps and watch how high and long you fly, also watch out for the spins (i once did a 4000 degree spin). I was really disapoint in need for speed and in the end all I was thinking was: \"What bullshit these developers pull.\" X( 

Edited for language.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 11:31:14 pm by Karyuu »
PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2003, 06:03:40 pm »
If you want PK\'ing, then play TIBIA or something. It\'s very funny when you try to grow in levels and all of a sudden someone come and PK you, then they laught at you and tell you to \"come and get your loot\". And every time you try to take it he kills you and you go down to lvl 7 again. It\'s really funny! And then you try again and some other guy kills you again, and again. Yeah, Tibia is SO much fun.
Seriousely, It\'s much more fun to cooperate with people who don\'t wanna kill you for your loot.

Planeshift isn\'t for PKers, sorry  :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 06:05:23 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".