Author Topic: for the evil ones among us  (Read 2490 times)

burned man

• Traveller
    • View Profile
for the evil ones among us
« on: April 12, 2006, 03:16:17 am »
criminal mode, to me this means this:

- criminal mode for planeshift with robbing, thieving, killing and all time possibility to get killed yourself by one or many other players

if you want a real game, why can\'t i rob anyone?

signed by the best ps thief already, hebon mestjar ;)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 03:38:59 am »
So basically, you want open PVP?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

burned man

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 03:57:34 am »
Originally posted by zanzibar
So basically, you want open PVP?

no what i want is that it is possible to go in a criminal state where you can start doing the things i proposed but also can get killed, by example by the city guard on the main gates, maby guard patrols may be added, things like that, then it would become really dangerous to go outside if you aren\'t strong enough, but the criminals should also be able to be killed at any time by any amount or any person dropping the things they stole in the last five minute or something, work it out, it\'s a great thing to do according to what i think.

Rerogo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 04:47:06 am »
this has been discussed ad infinitum ad nauseam here, in the PvP subforum. I tend to avoid that board, because as far as I can see it\'s going nowhere, but maybe you should read other peoples opinions there.

Waurelie Rerogo

burned man

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:06:52 am »
Originally posted by Rerogo
this has been discussed ad infinitum ad nauseam here, in the PvP subforum. I tend to avoid that board, because as far as I can see it\'s going nowhere, but maybe you should read other peoples opinions there.

No it\'s not about opinions, listen i\'m a thieve and i\'m intrested in thieving, i would be dissapointed if it wasn\'t there, also planeshift claims to be real or at least in development of real well with rp i mean so... Why should you be able to fight if you want to but would i not be able to thieve if i wanted to? Also with a high enough risk to be a criminal it would be balanced as i said, that makes it exciting and that is where it\'s all about (and the loot of course).

clint8565

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 08:06:33 am »
Yeah this reall should be in the pvp pk sub-forum...

Like Rerogo said, it\'s been discussed and endlessly spirals the drain...

Originally posted by paxx
in large part the game will not be PvP, Pk, or allow players pick pocketing or mugging other players

...unless someone comes up with some way to implement it that is unbelievably good...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:06:49 am by clint8565 »

burned man

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 08:10:17 am »
Originally posted by clint8565
Yeah this reall should be in the pvp pk sub-forum...

Like Rerogo said, it\'s been discussed and endlessly spirals the drain...

Originally posted by paxx
in large part the game will not be PvP, Pk, or allow players pick pocketing or mugging other players

...unless someone comes up with some way to implement it that is unbelievably good...

that is just [EDIT] i\'ll tell you why they don\'t want to implete it, they want to create a world that is so called really close to reality and whatever but they are afraid if they add things which are bad to do that people won\'t like it anymore. That sucks i\'ll tell you, know why cause it means this game was impleted by wussies just like most other games. If players come crying that they have been robbed just tell them to rob back, if you don\'t your just filthy hypocrits.

It had to be said
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:45:47 am by burned man »

clint8565

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 08:58:11 am »
Now, now... they said they would do it if someone came up with a good way to implement it...

And it\'s realistic in a fantasy rp sense not realistic as in a Earth sense... also there\'s already open pk to all those who want it... just set the challenge thing to always accept... and people steal stuff all the time... you just can\'t pick pockets, but you can\'t do a lot of stuff since 0.3 is pretty far from 1.0

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 10:47:50 am »
Those who want PvP can build a PvP game, and those who don\'t want it don\'t have to.

The PS team is the latter.

Clearly we\'ll have some sort of pickpocketing/thieving skill, but griefing will be made next to impossible.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

burned man

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 10:50:34 am »
Originally posted by Karyuu
Those who want PvP can build a PvP game, and those who don\'t want it don\'t have to.

The PS team is the latter.

Clearly we\'ll have some sort of pickpocketing/thieving skill, but griefing will be made next to impossible.

what may griefing be?

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 11:04:57 am »
Griefer is the term for a player who deliberately sets out to discomfort other players, and this is done most commonly through things like thievery and PK. This is why the issue is so sensitive, and the PS team prefers to set limitations on PvP and disallow PKing entirely to prevent such situations.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 11:12:58 am »
You don\'t need to kill/steal to be evil :P

I have had a few ideas of how to cater better for the more chaotic evil players, but nothing like this will happen too soon. Our world isn\'t big enough.

burned man

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 11:13:46 am »
Originally posted by Karyuu
Griefer is the term for a player who deliberately sets out to discomfort other players, and this is done most commonly through things like thievery and PK. This is why the issue is so sensitive, and the PS team prefers to set limitations on PvP and disallow PKing entirely to prevent such situations.

Then what about my city guard proposal? Just a few NPC\'s that walk through the city and if they see a criminal in action the go after him, trowing this people in jail for several hours so they can only walk in a little room with other criminals or even killing them since the death realm would be made so frightening?

*edit*

Originally posted by Xordan
You don\'t need to kill/steal to be evil :P

I have had a few ideas of how to cater better for the more chaotic evil players, but nothing like this will happen too soon. Our world isn\'t big enough.

what idea\'s?

Please avoid posting two or more successive posts before others have replied. Just edit your last post to add new information :) Thanks! --Karyuu
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 11:57:04 am by burned man »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 11:57:55 am »
Not all ideas for development are open for public discussion.

A city guard concept that would involve NPCs chasing \"wrong-doers\" has been suggested numerous times before though. If this is all the thread is about, it\'s pretty much a duplicate... :)

minetus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 12:29:50 pm »
one way to aprouch this could be.. when a evil action is made ex:. (pickpocket and theft) there would be a percentage no greater then 70%(could be based on lvl of skill + a stat Vs another stat/skill on victim) of going unnoticed, if it would be noticed the victim would get a splash screen informing him that he was \"robbed\" and would give him the option too.. ignore, force duel on thieve, set alarm(set alarm would be like a cry for help, were all the chars not evil would receive the option to force duel the thieve) if the thief died the stolen goods would be auto transfered back to the victim.

what a thieve would be able to steal.. in my opinion only things that wouldnt be in contact with his body (ex:. torso, boots, gloves etc..) about the amount of stuff that shows up when performing a theft could increase with skill lvl, the same with the amount of stuff one could rob, say (ex:.

player z uses pickpocket on player x!
[ player x has a 1 knife, 1 shield, 10 iron ore, 2 bars, 1 pick axe,  50000 trias ]

at lvl1 player z would see ex:.(100 trias) but if he would try to steal all he would increase his chances of being noticed but if he would try to get only 10 he would increase chances of being unnoticed.

at max lvl player z would be able to see all the inventory of player x including items that are in the body, but those would be of limit to him since it would make him noticed with 100% chance and fail the atempt