Author Topic: *~ Pk System ~* :)  (Read 2406 times)

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 08:34:19 pm »
I thought the arena was just for guild wars... guild wars arent pking

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 08:38:49 pm »
To my knowlege, of history and this game,

An arena is used as a formal place of fighting of 2 individuals, a person against a beast, or groups of peopel against groups of beasts,

the fighting of 2 people sounds like a \"pk\" type fight.  a player would be killing another player, granted nothing would be gained from the fight except some exp. (if there is any) and in a rping situation pking should not be your top priority.  
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2003, 08:43:34 pm »
well thats a little better i thought the only purpose of the arena was just for guild wars

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 08:45:24 pm »
i solved the problem, i solved the problem  :]

can i have some milk now?
Ordo Illuminatis
Official Tavern Kitty

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 08:48:45 pm »
yeh but i still think there should be some kind of pk system :)

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2003, 09:29:06 pm »
there is a pk system. Guild wars, arena fights, and possibly duels. Beyond that, no there is no PKing and never will be. Like it or not.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 09:29:50 pm by Princess Aelya »
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2003, 10:30:05 pm »
Just in case you still have not realized it, guild wars supposedly will be able to be anywhere, but only guild wars, everything else that has to do with pking belongs in the arena (as it should be)

Unless perhaps maybe tournaments  ;)  ;)  ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 10:36:40 pm by Kiern »

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2003, 11:54:34 am »
Originally posted by *Md*
what\'s up with all you people and all your board rules garbage... who cares if there are 5,000 topics about this it doesn\'t really matter... nobody wants to read thru the 80+ posts or whatever it is on that other topic... god gimme a break... end of thread who are you??? your one of many reasons this game needs a pk system  :D

I think the big confusion here is that THERE IS ALREADY A PK SYSTEM!

It\'s called GUILD WARS!  

The arena is for non-guild related shoot-em-up fights.

If you want to kill someone join a guild.  If your in a non-fair fight, then that\'s your problem.  There will be un-fair fights in both caes.  I can tell you now that if we had a open \"kill\'em all\" solution, you would be the first to be ganked.

Go play Shadowbane or Felucia UO if that is not enough. And take your *~ascii~* art with you.

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2003, 01:12:24 pm »
i solved the problem, i solved the problem  

can i have some milk now?

I believe i made myself clear i solved the problem,
so why don\'t we be good little boys and evil little girls and drop this topic  :P
Ordo Illuminatis
Official Tavern Kitty

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2003, 06:17:45 am »
FMIDDY is right, I think there should be a KO system in the game. That way nobody would get hurt \"for real\" and there would be more room for thiefes who wanna steal.
I wanna have a \"stamina\" meter so that you can knock a player out instead of PK him (I don\'t want PKing either) Read my thread \"meters\" for more info
However there\'s some problems..and some solutions as well...

Problem 1-  If you\'re in town and somebody team up, attack you and steal all your stuff and your clothes leaving you on the ground, would other players attack the team to recover your stuff or just knock the team out and steal their stuff AND your stuff?
I can just imagine a big fight in town where everybody runs around and steal each others stuff. :D

Solution- Put some guards in town which will stop people from stealing from you. (of course it isn\'t impossible)
They use the same tecnique to KO the thiefes.
Then the thief have to pay a fine. If the thief is poor and have got no money then the guards simply take everything he\'s got, beat him up, and leaves him on the ground (even his clothes)

Problem 2-  If you are close to a monster and a thief Knocks you out...will the monster kill you when you wake up?
This would be some kind of a PK system, and it would be unacceptable.

Solution- I think that some monsters (like goblins if there\'s any) simply captures the player, steal all his stuff (if he had any) and then throw the player into a dungeon or something.
Then the player had to get out, either by himself, or he/she could get help from another player.
There should be a message-board in town where you could offer rewards for the bounty-hunter who captures him and bring him to you (so that you can bring him to court or something)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 06:24:06 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2003, 03:56:19 pm »
You solved problem 1 perfectly, except there needs to be dark back alleys un guarded so that you can still be robbed in the city, the more chances to be robbed the more fun it is :D. but as for problem 2, first of all the theif would have to carry a blunt weapon, like a club or a blackjack, then for the actual knockout you have to take the theives strength into account, and the other players defense to see how many hits, if the thief has a strength of 5 and the player has a strength from 6-10, 2 hits, this helps also keeps lower lvl players from attacking higher lvl players, and in return, the higher lvl player can give a good smite right about the theifs head as to layeth his body across the ground. That way they cant get anything really good if they havent earned it, also, this would not take any health, and if you woke up with a monster nearby, simply run or attack, because being knocked out doesn\'t really hurt you unless you were knocked out by a large bus or other large moving objects, I mean, for the sake of realism you might want to add a 10 HP deduction for being knocked out, I couldnt see it taking more.  Also in relation to the hated system, there could be a bounty type system, or a wanted system, if a person steals from someone, and they happen to notice who they are, they can go report it to a guard, and that player will have 1 point added to his wanted lvl, the top 3 wanted guys could get their own wanted posters, however there should be limits to this system so you cannot report a fake theft, or if you try, that guard can knock you out for it or put you in jail for false alligations, also, after your wanted lvl gets so high, PK could be enabled on you, and your wanted poster would read \"wanted dead or alive\".
« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 04:01:51 pm by FMiddy »
Name: Frankuuu
Race: Dermorian Elf
Chosen Path: Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Guild: N/A

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2003, 04:24:17 pm »
Originally posted by *Md*
the devs say something and you guys all take their side...

No, we just happen to agree with them.

And, about getting robbed in a dark alley, theivery is already being planned, and does not need to include pking.  Nobody knows how to do it (yet) but it\'ll come.

*Md*

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2003, 04:34:07 pm »
lol whatever once the game starts i will get people to join me for a guild and become the most evil guild around... yeh you guys all hate me now... but once the game comes out im gonna be the one who makes it fun for you all when everyone wants me dead :)... its actually fun to play this role in the game :)... :evil:

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2003, 04:40:03 pm »
We won\'t hate you if you accept the way things will be.

But if you get into an evil guild, then you can do all the wars you want.  Have fun!