Author Topic: Everybody listen!  (Read 861 times)

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Everybody listen!
« on: December 23, 2004, 11:06:15 am »
Everybody is complaining about the fact there wont be open PK. Myslef I\'d like to see some PK in the game too (not too much, no mass PK for example, and this is easey to avoid by giving criminals big punishments like prison or something and maybe death panalty after it :P).

But we haven\'t even seen the game!
Maybe this no-PK system works great in PS, only the devs know that. So I suggest to wait until CB/other releases come out, and than decide again. And if it realy sucks and alot of people are leaving, the devs will note that too and it can easily be chang it.

I think the devs know what they are doing, and I trust they will make a wonderfull game from PS :] .
So just leave that poor devs alone alright?

Rob

Madouc

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 11:50:13 am »
My thoughts are with the Dev\'s these days.
And i trust them fully with our PK wishes.
We will see, but then, PS is still in pre Alpha stage.. so good things will onley get better :D

Chaotic mind, chaotic mind, where did i hide the point of what i was telling.....

Myrtl

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 01:33:51 pm »
I dont even see what so great about PK. All you will hear after somone is killed is. \"HAHAHA. You are teh nOOb! I am the l33t 0n3! Ph34r m3!

I have seen it happen in other games.  :(
Non nobis Domine, non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam
Not for us O Lord, not for us but in Your Name is the Glory

In-game: Myrtl Shift

Join The Knights Templar at
http://www.freewebs.com/the-knights-templar/

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 05:50:58 am »
yes that sucks, but on the other hand you can kill your real enemyes, thats cool :P (take revange on them).

I mean mass PK that you see in some games realy sucks.

Theweakend

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 08:14:56 pm »
Originally posted by Toadhead
yes that sucks, but on the other hand you can kill your real enemyes, thats cool :P (take revange on them).

I mean mass PK that you see in some games realy sucks.

*cought* everquest *cought*

Bartimus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 10:15:56 pm »
Could someone tell me what \"l33t 0n3! Ph34r m3!\" means?  I know what it is, but I am really curious as to what it means in English, and I simply cannot interpret it.

And I say no to mass pking as well.  I haven\'t played any other real MMORPGs yet, but from the mediocre ones I have played, I know that I hate it when someone walks around and talks like he owns the place, and no one but the admins(who are always, and I mean just about ALWAYS M.I.A.) can do anything about it because he kills anyone who stands up to him.  And then some others for no reason.

Saying no to mass pking would put a stop to that.  Unless...

It was a situation in which someone had gone through the great trouble of collecting a very rare and powerful item that was capable of mass destruction.  If he/she worked really hard to get that destructive item, then I wouldn\'t be opposed to him/her using it, as long as it was very, VERY hard to obtain, and the DR doesn\'t get much harder to navigate(but aren\'t they planning on expanding it quite a bit?).  Of course, if someone were to use such an item, players and NPCs alike would be all over him trying to kill him/prevent him/her from using it again, and of course it would only be usable say, once a month or so.

Thats my input.

Nonk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 04:21:44 am »
Bartimus, it means l33t one! fear me! I can\'t interpret it either, the phrase reminds me of potatoes for some reason. :rolleyes:

As for your idea about pking, I don\'t think it would be very good for someone with the UbaH sw0rD oF d0000m
to be allowed to kill everyone in Hydlaa Plaza because he wants to try his new weapon out. That would lead to mass pilgrimages out of the Death Realm and general whining. I think he should duel someone instead of resorting to genocide.

swift

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 05:28:50 pm »
Currently, i think that the duel system is perfect for the circumstances.  

But when the wilderness area grows some areas should be open pk.
Ingame Names (CB) : Calcius Sakor, Timgiffney Calcior