Author Topic: PK System Idea: Will work!  (Read 1001 times)

Abyss

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
PK System Idea: Will work!
« on: September 05, 2003, 10:33:53 am »
I think each player should have a kill count. When you kill a player, the kill count goes up, unless the player you killed flagged combat first, ingame you should be able to see the players name, if its Red they are murderer, grey criminal, blue = innocent.
The kill counts should go down as time goes on, like 2 hours per kill, or 3, or something like that.

There should be \"safe\" zones, and non safe zones... like cities would have guards that would kill the criminals/murderers if they see them, or a person can call the guards to have the person killed.

I think that PK, and PvP is an essential part to any MMORPG... it makes it more exciting to go outside of the cities barriers... theres always a chance of death, and harm... and thats what makes an adventure and adventure... The fear and thrill of knowing you are in danger at all times....

In town, they can have the safe feeling where they know they arent going to be harmed... but once you venture outside of the cities walls.... the adventure begins :)

ALSO: This solves any problems with tons of PK\'s... if they cannot enter town- how are they going to get their items? they are going to die... a lot... and if you make it hard to be a PK, hard to get items... get resurrected... enter towns... outcastish... there wont be that many..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 10:39:28 am by Abyss »

lostprophet

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 04:36:33 pm »
I had an idea a while back for a level system. Seeing as there are eight planes in ps, maybe some of them could only be available after the character was experienced enough, or had completed a certain line of quests. Then, new players would be started on the lowest level, where there was no pking. The second level would have limited pking, and so on, until the eighth level was mostly free-for-all.

Monkey_Catcher

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 06:34:25 am »
I hope the PK system allows u to kill clans which r in their own or some elses guilds... Cuz then guild clans could do raids and it would have a more territorial feel

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 10:07:28 am »
ahh, very nice ideas. I like U\'rs abyss, very much. But.... There will always be, for example, sombody who wants to sit around in their kitchen and cook, and be able to go outside the city to gather plants etc, without being bashed to death. And they will object to this. :(
I think the best thing to do is to keep producing ideas, wait until the devs say what the Pk\'ing sys is gonna be, and then make it slowly better by shapeing it to want the players want.

leach117

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 12:28:54 pm »
I really like yor idea but i would like to add  little somthing. If two people wanted to battle and not be Pkers or get Bad faction they should be able to request a fair duel where there is no negative result or PK tag to there name. It would make the people who would like to duel fairly and knowingly more pleased because both players agrre to battle.
\"He who watches their back greet death from the front!\"
Uknown.

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 02:38:53 pm »
I think this idea is ok, but obviously pkers will kill a lot, then wait like 3 hours, then go to the city and sell stuff, or they might develop a black market where they will give the stolen items to \"innocent\" friends who will sell the items.

plus this idea contradics with my theiving idea :). if you are being robbed, you are allowed to pk the robber without him being able to attack you while he\'s robbing.
and it contradicts with guilds, but I guess there could be different rules involving just guild members.

Tualle

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 12:44:54 pm »
Originally posted by Xordan
There will always be, for example, sombody who wants to sit around in their kitchen and cook, and be able to go outside the city to gather plants etc, without being bashed to death.

To make this scenario more realistic, there would have to be a \"safety zone\" of sorts just outside the wall. Think about it: if the walls are considered the boundary, then people could just stand by the gate and stab anyone who comes through. Not only is it unfair, but unrealistic.

What if there were a protected area starting from the walls, and ending 1,000\' or so out? This way, the aforementioned people, ones who just want to gather plants and such, would be able to do so safely, and the adventure seekers could still go off and fight if they so desired.

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 03:28:19 pm »
Originally posted by Tualle
Originally posted by Xordan
There will always be, for example, sombody who wants to sit around in their kitchen and cook, and be able to go outside the city to gather plants etc, without being bashed to death.

To make this scenario more realistic, there would have to be a \"safety zone\" of sorts just outside the wall. Think about it: if the walls are considered the boundary, then people could just stand by the gate and stab anyone who comes through. Not only is it unfair, but unrealistic.

What if there were a protected area starting from the walls, and ending 1,000\' or so out? This way, the aforementioned people, ones who just want to gather plants and such, would be able to do so safely, and the adventure seekers could still go off and fight if they so desired.

sounds okay so far.
And what about patrols? Can\'t they go around keeping law and order?
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 12:42:37 am »
Knowing that you might die once you leave city barriers? Then what are monsters for? Oh the monsters don\'t give a chance of death and harm, they\'re just little happy decorations? They wouldn\'t be spending so much time on creating good monsters if they knew they just wanted everyone pk\'ing each other instead of fighting monsters.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"