Author Topic: valid reason for thieving  (Read 1278 times)

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 06:16:38 am »
Elscouta\'s system would cover thiefing pretty well I think, although I wonder if it wouldn\'t bring any other troubles if you\'d make newbie weapons unsellable.

Maybe it would be better if you just couldn\'t steal the newbie weapons or there would be a high punishment in doing so, maybe your luck will go down with a point if you rob a newbie? :D

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

shadowroush

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 11:42:35 am »
how about make the equipment whereout rather then fear or someone taking it from you? if ti is taken from me then i will leave it in the bank. but if it wheresout i can keep having it fixed till it is to far gone and has to me resmith back down to its ore. There by still taking it out of the game.

Samoth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 10:02:38 pm »
I don\'t like the steeling from NPC thing.  It\'s like taking candy from a baby.

Deddarus had the right idea.  As a player you have two choices - either keep your items in your backpack or wear them around town in display.

If you display them they should be free ground.  Inside your backpack they should be relatively safe.

So if you want a parade you better not wander into that dense crowd of strangers...

slabertooch

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2004, 01:22:59 am »
If stealing is allowed it should have very serious consequences, like jail time.  It\'s simple, get caught stealing a low level item, you do low level time, the higher the level the harder the time.  The problem with replacing a stolen item with currency is it opens the door to abuse,  how hard is it for a group of thieves to just keep stealing the same item(s) from each other to build up wealth.  If a thief class is created, it should be EXTREAMLY hard to level, this ensures that only the dedicated will become proficient at it, it also creates a better roleplaying experience.  Basically if you are stolen from you get nothing, but if you catch the thief, you get everything.  This also creates a player(s) that hunt known thieves, and the problem solves itself by using the players against themselves.
knowledge is power, but wisdom is a big stick with a bit of poo on the end.

Dalec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2004, 09:44:25 pm »
I think that for thieving, there should be a penalty for robbing ANYONE under your lvl. The farther down the lvl from you, the higher chance you are to be caught by a guard or something. That would prevent a high lvl thief from griefing newbies. Could be implemented in a similar way for pvp too. Also, I think you should be able to plan out larger scale robberies, perhaps with a guild or something. Maybe break into a famous rich person\'s house and be able to take 10% of his gold and a few middle of the road items. (Support it by saying thats all that could be carried away). Would be cool to have full scale robberies I think.

P.S. to whoever said RPG games are not Fantasy, you can sometimes be correct but you are an idiot if you are talking about PS because this IS a FANTASY game, whether you like it or not. And also, thieves can be thugs as well as stealthy. If someone comes up to you, punches you and steals your sword, you yell, \"Thief! Thief!\" Not, \"Thug! Thug!\"