Author Topic: Being modest.  (Read 788 times)

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Being modest.
« on: July 20, 2004, 06:50:25 am »
I hope this doesn\'t sound stupid, but:
You know how, if someone steals your items, you know its him, but he keeps dening it. What can you do, but swear at him. If he\'s tougher than you, you can\'t fight him or anything, and you can\'t trick him into a fight wit you cause he can see your stats or weaponry (unless you\'re laying poonscape in which case you can trick them by doing that weapon thing). What if it was possible to attack him with no weapons, and no armour. He would have to defend with no weapons or armour too. All you could use is just your stats and skills. But your stats would not be visible to the opponent or anyone. What I want is for a player to remain modest in the game and not tell anyone his/her own skills and stats. To make the game more realistic. Because you don\'t just go around and challenge people to fights and as soon as they see your stats, hovering above your head, they decline to fight you. In life you would have to be modest if you wanna trick people into a fight. You have to be modest unless you wanna scare people. Its true you wouldn\'t know their stats but if you\'re angry cause he stole your stuff might as well fight him, you got nothing to lose. I haven\'t worked out the details of this idea yet, actually its 2 ideas anyway) what do you people think.
love

FESFES

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 02:19:19 pm »
i like the idea but what if a really really strong person dresses like a lobie and duels

It is easier to hate than it is to love.

Elegrand

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 05:10:18 pm »
Originally posted by FESFES
i like the idea but what if a really really strong person dresses like a lobie and duels

Lobie? wha?
ButI guess s/he would win.
Captain Elegrand Orden Mornak at your service!

Journeyman in Ordo Illuminatis
http://www.illuminatis.tk

FESFES

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 11:23:34 pm »
hmm iv guess uv never herd that
its  a person new to the game LOWbee (yes i no i dint put the w before)

It is easier to hate than it is to love.

icebr4kr

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 10:42:40 pm »
I think its great. There\'s no way for me to walk around and know if someone can kick my ass in real life (well there are some obvious things, but some people are really good at martial arts). Likewise, that should be the way it is in game. This is especially true of magic users where you cannot determine their stats by looking at them physically. The only way I can see someone knowing whether or not to attack a higher level character is if they are well known and/or show off their skills in some other way.

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 12:48:25 pm »
Post some ideas surrounding this people, I need some help, cause i\'m not sure how this will work. It could cause lots of confusion amogst people.
I had an idea about appearances to convey the image of strength and power, but that would confuse people even more and probuably take up lots of space and time to import into the game.
love

Cybio Kingfist

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 04:29:33 pm »
That\'s not being modest, that\'s being deceptive.
The steel priest is back and ready to start converting.

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 08:50:08 am »
tu shay.
love