Author Topic: PvP games  (Read 683 times)

Typhorean

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
PvP games
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:19:06 pm »
Maze:

Players: 3
Monster, Damsel, Hero

The objective for the Monster is for a certain amount of time to elapse without the Hero rescuing the Damsel from his clutches.  Naturally for the Hero/Damsel teamup, it\'s the other way around.

The monster would get a small headstart to find a good place to hide or whatever...When the hero entered, it\'s the Damsel\'s job to do pretty much whatever she can to get the hero there.  Assuming all goes well, the Hero tries to take out the monster with optional handicaps on either sides.

Any other ideas that break the \"Let\'s just bash each other and see who falls down first\" PvP cliche?
I am made from the dust of the stars,
And the oceans flow in my veins.
Here I hide in the heart of the city,
Like a stranger coming out of the rain.

Tash

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 09:47:54 pm »
i have an idea, well, half an idea, its your idea with few modifications,

Maze:

Players: 3
Monster, Damsel, Hero

The Damsel goes in and hides. The Monster and The Hero enter and start to look for The Damsel, wichever gets to The Damsel first gets the reward.
If The Hero and The Monster get to The Damsel at the same time or meet each other in The Maze they will fight each other to The Death.

Post Script. please dont flame me for half stealing your idea
The Guild Of Mercenaries

Art thou not a Talking Beast?
Then hold thy devilish noise and talk.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 11:28:27 pm »
hummm, not sure how this works with the MMORPG concept.  Sounds more like pac man to me.

Typhorean

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 12:13:02 am »
Derwoodly, it\'s just a bit of a minigame to keep PvP interesting.  It requires ingenuity and good memory on pretty much every party\'s part, and let\'s you stretch your mind against other players instead of monsters; unlike monsters, players will learn from their mistakes and become more challenging.

The alternative of course would be for the devs to come up with a self modifying AI to keep the game interesting.  :D  I don\'t think we\'d have any objections to that on the player\'s party.  ;)

**sighs**  If only, if only.

Btw, you *do* have a point.
I am made from the dust of the stars,
And the oceans flow in my veins.
Here I hide in the heart of the city,
Like a stranger coming out of the rain.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 06:51:32 am »
If people liked it then it could be put into planeshift as a game in a game.   Some people like the idea of mini games, I don\'t mean me, but some people.

:-)

Black_rose

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • If I could I would, but I don't know how.
    • View Profile
    • My myspace is all I have
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 09:44:13 am »
for rule breaker while there doing there hard time

prison rape :D

players, gaurd, a bubba, and cellmate

gaurd and cellmate fight off bubba and cellmate gets not raped ;)
KABLUMMPPP!

FlippySeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 08:27:02 pm »
Ok Black Rose... that\'s the sickest thing i\'ve ever heard, i don\'t wanna play a game where guys rape each other!!

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 11:05:14 pm »
Black_rose, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread, please don\'t post.

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Zyphon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 02:59:56 am »
*Ignores Explicit Post*

Yeah I agree, I think minigames will \"spice up\" PvP :D

I don\'t mean to be mean but I like complicated minigames...but the ironic thing is I can\'t think of any right now :O

Maybe there can be a dungeon with powerups, obstacles...

Oooo Just got a stupid idea :) Maybe there can be a PvP race. There can be sort of a maze, and a number of players starting from the 4 corners. The first to go to the center wins. Of course there has to be other elements to make it interesting - encounters with opponents, mobs, distracting treasure..(:D)...perhaps traps?

Just a thought.

-Zy
\"What you revere can destroy you...\"
-Zyphon

ESB

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 01:32:45 am »
NPC provides mission\'s to players, when a player accepts the mission their name is then added to it as well as the amount in which they wish to bet. Then that mission is placed under open contracts for another player to accept both the player to fight and amount of the bet. Both players are then notified that they will be entering the arena. A two minute delay allowing other players to bet on the two who are watching in the arena. Depending on Player level, a caped amount of the bet will be enforced, ensuring players are near equal levels. Both players must have the amount of the cash to start a contract and contract acceptance. Winner takes all.

Provides a way for players to test and train their characters in PvP. Adds a little spice and entertainment as well as Quest missions/Events  to defeat either a NPC/GM/Players ?, etc.