Author Topic: "You are already Logged in!"  (Read 487 times)

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sovereign, The Bloodstone Brethren
    • View Profile
"You are already Logged in!"
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:55:35 pm »
Hello, I've just got the latest version and was happy to find the server up! Anyway, I logged in forgetting to alter the .cfg file to correct some texture problems and so the psclient crashed in a loading screen. I 'Force Quit' the client... did the necessary corrections and rebooted the game, however, it tells me I am already logged in and to wait 30 seconds... I waited 10 minutes, no change, I restarted my Mac and still, it tells me I'm logged in...  ???

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I've just logged in an alternative character from another registered account and using the /who Ulfer command in the systems tab, it actually does tell me that I'm online - but I'm not, there is no client open using that account.

EDIT2: Excellent, my character can be loaded into Yliakum  :thumbup: the server restart must have reset the account, such a quick response - cheers!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:24:50 am by Ulfer »

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: "You are already Logged in!"
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 01:11:13 am »
A bug was found yesterday where the time out on the server (normally 30 seconds) to determine if you crashed did not work. The server keeps thinking you are online. You can either wait for the server to crash (I hope that would be really long :) ), or find a GM (on IRC if you cannot get into game with another account) to kick you from the server.

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sovereign, The Bloodstone Brethren
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:04:26 am »
I see, I should use the bugtracker more but often unsure when and if to use it, I mean, I'd consider a bug a re-occuring issue due to factors in the game and not due to something I can fix myself through the forum help or my own intuition. So, I end up not posting up incase I end up adding something that is, in fact, not a real bug at all - but a problem due to my own computer. By the time I've asked around, pursued it further and then found out... it's a bug! It's already been posted.  :P

I'm very impressed with the speed of the new release.

Anyway, Laanx answered my prayers and corrected the problem ;) Good Luck in ironing out the rest of those bugs!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:07:41 am by Ulfer »

Lorit

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:45:34 pm »
It seems there are few people with that problem.  Luckily(!) the server keeps crashing so are chars get reset.  It turns out that the latest ATI catalyst drivers are causing problems for some.