Author Topic: Returning Character  (Read 1023 times)

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sovereign, The Bloodstone Brethren
    • View Profile
Returning Character
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »
Hello.

It's been a good number of years since I've played Planeshift and was hoping to play again. I believe the last time that I logged in was around 2008-2009. Is there a chance that my character is still around?

I've also forgotten my email account linked to the character. I suspect that it's no longer being used.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:47:26 pm by Ulfer »

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Character
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »
I would think it'd still be around! Though I came back for little day intervals between then and now so maybe that's why I've retained mine from forever ago.

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 02:23:10 pm »
That's promising! Hopefully a PS Developer will look into recovering the character and its details for me soon. I've just finished the install. Maybe I'll see you in-game, Suno.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:28:43 pm »
* Esanor Serich hickups in joy

Ulfer ... oh, the Way of the Hammer will enjoy to know you coming back and keeping their "fork", the Bloodstone Brethren, alive!

A pity you chose just the time when I am not at home and have only limited ability to contact people who are able to help you, but I will try to get you back in game.

Please note that your MyPlane portal (same login as your game account) may be useful to upgrade your password to allow your game client a login.
__

You may try to write Venalan some proving details about your account as Private Message, e.g. how (if) your email it is probably related to your real name, if you can guess a most probable.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:52:11 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 05:12:11 pm »
Nice to see you LigH. I do appreciate your help.

I also do hope Bloodstone Brethren are well. There may be some things to consider with the clan and perhaps even some tweaks and changes on the cards. If the current Sovereign is willing, I would be more than happy to do what I can.

I'm hoping that I have just forgotten my login details and that Ulfer is indeed still on the system, tucked away in some dark corner.

*Ulfer crosses his fingers and toes

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 05:15:29 pm »
Looks like I can still add Ulfer to my buddy list, so I assume the character is still there. Welcome back!
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »
 \\o//

Hey Candy, thanks.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »
Write a PM to Venalan, tell there what may help to prove your identity.

When Venalan is able to reply, you may then get in return all you need to enter a matching email to your account in the MyPlane login. If your password is correct as well, the login at MyPlane will upgrade your password hash in the database, so the current game client will be able to login as well.

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck, Jim.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Ulfer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 06:37:39 pm »
Sorted it out with MyPlane. My login details were correct it's just the client wasn't recognising them. Nice!

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 06:49:50 pm »
Welcome back my friend...
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...