Author Topic: Klyro's City Project: The Klyros Tale  (Read 2783 times)

Arangol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Klyro's City Project: The Klyros Tale
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 03:37:54 am »
About he last thing that you said Inca:
make it more like serious fantasy romantic story then a fairy legend?

This could be the story that is writen in books and told around the fire place.
And then we would have different storys that are more like fantasy stories that would tell about heroes, battles and other great events in detail.
This is, I think more like a complete story of the Klyros history.

I agree with Inca that this town should NOT be "Klyros sacred ultimate grand omg capital of the supreme uber nation of the giga-tera-jota Klyros".
But think about it. If we continue like this it will come first in to the world of planeshift so it would just be logical that it would be one of the first.
"The answer to all life's problems aren't on the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV!"-Homer Simpsons

Choose how the Klyros town will look like:
Klyros City Project
Klyros Names

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 04:49:03 am »
About last thing that i said, Arangol:  fully it sounds as "Kixie, can you make your tale more detailed (at last part) and make it more like serious fantasy romantic story then a fairy legend?" I marked key words for you, Arangol. So, i just suggested Kixie the way of modification his Tale. I think, Kixie didn't supposed that his story will be approved 100%, and I try to analyze his work and made some comments to it. I like story very much as it is, but if we want it to be a Klyros Pre-History, suitable for our Klyros City and for PlaneShift universe - it got to be changed ~30%.
I don't expected that Kixie will write 500 A4-pages about Klyros Tale, we no need it.I suppose with my suggestions, this tale would be more suitable for our City Setting, for the landscape, etc. Also, i patient thinking that in Finall Combat the main role must belong to klyros, not to Talad. (...I remeber a so small hobbit Frodo who had so large soul and courage enough for world saving...) Anyway, let's wait for Author recall.

...Noooo!!! No!!! Don't kill him!!! - Ptar Qeron shout on Talad figure wich started his fatal swing towards ruining Sentinell, that slowly fall into burial well. - It wasn't his fault!!! It was me!! Meeee!!! - stricken klyros stand between Colossus and furious Demiurge, trying to defend his giant son by his own skinny body. - Let him g....
 But he never complete his phrase, because smashing supernal blow tear him in moment.
-Pa-a-ate-errrrrr!!!- roar moribund Sentinell and ...tore from his hand a large boulder, and heaved the rock towards Talad. The rock was stilled before it met Talad even half way, and an echo from his commanding voice expelled the monster with finality.
 Sentinel powerless grasped the ground were his father died and with last stone weep,unclenched his disfigured palm and fall into the bottomless well.
-..so much pain, pater...."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:04:40 am by Inca Sator »

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 05:27:12 am »
Alrighty, so:

1.) Change magical substance
2.) Before I change this out, could you tell me more about the Klyros anatomy in a private message? Perhaps they could have never collected any thing in a bag, but instead breathed air from a magical realm into their galbladders by inhaling the magical substance.  Ptar Qeron, an original runner, and eventual leader of the counsil, could be the one who "breathes" life into the colossus, literally.
3.) Runners is an appopriate name, I think. They didn't have the powers of Laanx yet, so they could barely glide. Their bodies had been malnourished and withered from staying in small caves. The Stone Labyrinth was hardly a spacious area, so how mnay feet would they have been able to glide anyways? I liked, "Runners" because it gave an olympian feel to the members. An ancient sentiment which klyros in the modern day would aspire to; to become such as their ancestors.
4.) I think it would be easily done,considering how huge the stalactite is. They would have plenty of room to soar. They would NOT have possessions. They are a nomadic race who carry little more than the clothes on their back. They would have no need for livestock, and other material.
5.) So create smaller areas in the bay? Eklato can be the original point, and i'll name some special attribue such as being the first rock on which Ptar set foot onto.

and finally

5.b.) So we can not possibly have the fight between Talad and the Colossus? I thought the fight was very symbolic, and it allowed me to explain many peices of topography in the area. While Eklato bay and a few other rivers existed, many were created by the heated battle between overlord, and bastard spawn of the Klyros' own haughty standings. Talad took it upon himself to not have another Diaboli incident, so he took charge and broke the colossus, the very representation of enslavement to the klyros, into the ground. And so, they start with a new pallet and a respect for Talad.

It explained the crystal which lie under the sea, a good explanation for the gravitational field some described. It gave birth to the floating island Levian. It carved the rivers and lakes of the area.

It just work, and I don't really know how else to create all of these areas, without giving a weak "They were there".

As far as the Fairy Tale stye, I used it because that was how the background was written. I was tempted to use word choice, diction and styles complimentary to the bible, or torah, but instead kept the very words used in the historical setting. I wanted my story to blend as well as possible with the previous material. That is why I wanted talad to be present, the klyros to be used very discriminately and all things to be as vague and mystical as possible.

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 06:39:36 am »
..Ok then. If you don't then i don't. If everybody agree, then i stop discussing  :-X
...it's pity that no one was impressed with my romantic version of Battle, but...never mind.
I like very much the idea of  "inhaling the magical substance into klyros galbladders"-->so it could be similar to liquid gas. Also, this is very suitable for Laanx features, because at the beginning she was very ephemeral, aerial looking Goddess.
I don't agree with "klyros would have no need for livestock, possessions and other material". I don't now any nomad tribe, nations that could travel for hundreds of kilometers without any supply and stuff. How you suppose to feed 10000 klyroses even for single day if they travell throug the bare prairie, withered thickets etc? They lived their children to die from hunger, abandon their olders if they can't glide down the levels?  Please, give me an example.
About "Runners." This run can be similar to skating or skiing. What do you think?
The main task was to create pre-history of Klyros and explain the existence of floating island - we got it with good bonus: explaining the existence of map locations (lakes, rivers, bay).

Now, check the status of The City:
--- it's a first big Klyros settlement in Yliakim. It is situated on the place where many years ago klyroses heroes purchased their rights for living under Azure sun with Talad's permission. It also can be a place for pilgrimage of all klyroses who want to touch the history of their great ancestry.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:57:14 am by Inca Sator »

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 10:46:00 am »
At the last noctice, I think is should be made out of facts, though as the Klyro's are so full of themselves they might tend to exaggarate(and I see a Klyro's scribe has written this, but that's not the question.) As Talad is of every day life to the inhavbitants of the crystal cause he keeps doing improvements and tweaks to the environment it might not be too epic. Maybe not "Great-Mighty-God-fight-big-bad-colossus" but "The-nice-guy-with the power". You shouldn't write it into epic proportions but tie it too a more earthbound level. In this world, this god isn't of a fairy tale, he is real to the people whether the Klyros like it or not and this should be written out of an objective view.

About the mercury, the great magic that surrounded the "mercury" was enough to strengthen the "Gliders" magically, i think that's what he meant. About the portal-vortex, I think Inca's theory's the most reasonable, though if it is a passage to another world shouldn't this ripple be more open and clear and not reduced by a mercury substance. I would say this "mercury" is a stability "substance" which hinders the two worlds from sucking out each other's contents(Like in space). This could be a good idea alrhough I just can't, in my right mind, figure out why you have to blure every gate with some substance, isn't it about time that you break that klich'e?

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 12:19:59 pm »
Just my 2 tria;
     The “runners” could be called “Scouts”
     As for the Mercury, I can see this as kind of a magical barrier.
Question: is this a constant portal or is it opened and closed?

Two examples;
1.   Stargate SG1 their portal has a water Type barrier. (opened and closed)
2.   Star trek (the original)- they came across a “gate” but it was clear, you could see the destination as it appeared.( constant )

I like the idea of the barrier style, and see no reason why the Klyros could not take a little of this barrier matter (either in bags or inhaling).

I have named "The Runners" and started some others here http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23667.msg261857#msg261857
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:22:19 pm by LARAGORN »

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

minetus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 02:37:45 pm »
sounds great inca, but final word will have to come from kixie :P since he/she will have to do the work..

and i have to say you all are doing a great work :flowers:

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 03:00:02 pm »
Just my 2 tria;
     The “runners” could be called “Scouts”
     As for the Mercury, I can see this as kind of a magical barrier.
Question: is this a constant portal or is it opened and closed?

Two examples;
1.   Stargate SG1 their portal has a water Type barrier. (opened and closed)
2.   Star trek (the original)- they came across a “gate” but it was clear, you could see the destination as it appeared.( constant )

I like the idea of the barrier style, and see no reason why the Klyros could not take a little of this barrier matter (either in bags or inhaling).

I have named "The Runners" and started some others here http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23667.msg261857#msg261857

GJ, Laragorn. You're doing great, mate.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 04:40:18 pm »
..Ok then. If you don't then i don't. If everybody agree, then i stop discussing  :-X
...it's pity that no one was impressed with my romantic version of Battle, but...never mind.
I like very much the idea of  "inhaling the magical substance into klyros galbladders"-->so it could be similar to liquid gas. Also, this is very suitable for Laanx features, because at the beginning she was very ephemeral, aerial looking Goddess.
I don't agree with "klyros would have no need for livestock, possessions and other material". I don't now any nomad tribe, nations that could travel for hundreds of kilometers without any supply and stuff. How you suppose to feed 10000 klyroses even for single day if they travell throug the bare prairie, withered thickets etc? They lived their children to die from hunger, abandon their olders if they can't glide down the levels?  Please, give me an example.
About "Runners." This run can be similar to skating or skiing. What do you think?
The main task was to create pre-history of Klyros and explain the existence of floating island - we got it with good bonus: explaining the existence of map locations (lakes, rivers, bay).

Now, check the status of The City:
--- it's a first big Klyros settlement in Yliakim. It is situated on the place where many years ago klyroses heroes purchased their rights for living under Azure sun with Talad's permission. It also can be a place for pilgrimage of all klyroses who want to touch the history of their great ancestry.
Got it. Changing name of "the runners", changing the material, tweaking details of migration.

One question left unanswered:

Keep the fight between Talad and the Colossus the same?

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 05:38:41 pm »
About final battle Episode: cause everybody accepted this episode of the Tale, so you free to leave it as it is. If you interested in my opinion, i suggest you these additions: make this battle less extra-enormous (-25%). Also, it seems, that the your battle lasted about 1.5-3 hours,.. please, make it much longer - to 10 hours. It would be great effect if Sentinal appeared from the sea at night (about 3:35 am) - imagine a huge moving burning rock among the night sea! As i suggested before, Sentinel can appered from see not straightway near Eklato bay - it would be more noble and intresting to give klyroses chance to prepare their defense and strategy plan. It got to be a Great Battle and not a Killing-klyroses-by-Sentinel and next Killing-Sentinel-by-Talad. So, if you managed to paste in subject personal story of Ptar Qeron and other Runners/Scouts this can help to make it realy Great Battle.

Check out "Names" thread: you can find suggestions for Runner's names and for Sentinel name.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:28:56 pm by Inca Sator »

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 05:01:53 am »
So, Floating Island is actually represented a part of Sentinel,s HAND. I you sure, guys with this? Just check those pictures:

So, i suggested to change "hand" to "body" - it can be a part of Sentinel's chest - a heart of Sentinel.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:03:26 am by Inca Sator »

minetus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:44 am »
inca it sounds good, but i tink the proportions might need to be tweeked a lill further, and erosion at coastal areas counts 2x the speed of deterioration

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 08:27:23 am »
Explanation of pictures above: i was thinking about how big was Sentinel. In Kixie Story we have proposition that the Floating Island represents itself a part of Sentinel's hand. So, i took sizes of Island  from the map (it's height i invented by myself) and try to construct the whole Sentinel - to recieve it's possible sizes. And i put map as background above Sentinel figure, so you, guys, can sense it's real size (M 1:1).
On first picture you can see that such enormous can trample whole sea shore during his figth with Talad. And then it will be not Great Battle of Klyros Nation - it will be Great Squeezer of Klyros Nation. Without joking.
On second picture you can see another version of Sentinel with less sizes, cause Floating Island was taken from his chest/body. He still looks over huge, but i think it more realistic. (actually i thinking about he can be as King Kong).
Also, if you read Tale carefuly, you noticed that at the middle of Battle Sentinel devided into five Giants--> so if we multiply 5 times even second version of Mythril Sentinel we receive ultra-terra-mega Colossus that able to destroy all underwater Nolthrir settlements and whole Yliakim. Something got to be change.......
How this Sentinell grows up in such enormous Colossus? How he reached the bottom of Yliakim?
I thinkr it was 5 meters before Klyros betrayed him (cause he was able to move through the Stone Labyrinth), but then he grow up with his hate to 30 meters. But then -->we again have to find the explanation Floating Island existence... Vicious circle...
Kixie, what do you think?

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 10:30:49 am »
What if te flames surroundng the colossus made him look so big Kixie misinterprated it's size, i mean it Was redhot-angry ;)

So I suggest flames surrounding the mithril figure. The Mithrl figure could still throw a big boulder at mr. sacredpants which then imbues the rock in midair, it doesn't have to be it's fist, and then the battle goes on for 8 hours or something... We could also explain the islands you see is the event when the Mithril figure was so pissed he just kept throwing boulders.

That's the way I thought of it, any more suggestions?

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:11 pm »
Have the final decisions been made ?

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum