Author Topic: The Amazing Adventures of Toenail  (Read 939 times)

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
The Amazing Adventures of Toenail
« on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:52 am »
[Alas, I was really hoping to not have to post this here, because that would be accepting that I'm done selling them ingame, but I really don't have the time for Toenail's authorism anymore. Which generally displeases me, on account of having the next three volumes all partially finished. But whatever, Volumes I and II for all of you that didn't get to enjoy them ingame]

The Amazing Adventures of Toenail - Volume I

I'm not going to lie to you, I'm probably the strongest, most manly--not to mention handsome--male to ever traverse this land we call Yliakum. I'm also without a doubt the best fighter about, my hand to hand combat skills are simply beyond that of a measureable scope. It's gotten to the point where even /thinking/ about striking something can cause it to shatter to a million pieces right then and there.

Do I let this get to my head, though? Nah... I'm very modest. Perhaps the most modest around. There have been times where I've been worshipped for my modesty, and I'll tell you right now, that feels good. Real good.

Though, the people that are going about their business around me in this tavern would never know it. Why? Because I'm also a master of the Azure Way, I'm on the level of gods with my skill. So I always cloak myself in a magical disguise. Wouldn't want people feeling immasculated beside me, would I?

My attentinon is drawn away from my self-admiration by a cloaked fellow entering the tavern. Though it's definitely not the cloak that's drawing my suspicion towards him. Heck, just looking around everyone in the tavern is wearing one. I think the Nolthrir behind me actually has three of them on...

No, it's not the cloak, it's the sheer size and lankiness of the guy. He's easily the size of one-and-a-half Ynnwn, but thin as a stick, judging by the way the cloak droops all around him. But my attention drifts away from him, perhaps because he seems to be peacefully making his way to the bar, perhaps because that gorgeous Lemur girl behind me with the oh-so-deliciously revealing clothing is getting more and more drunk. I can't really say. Nor can I really say how this puddle of drool seems to have developed in my lap, surely it can't have come from my mouth!

I swear I only stared at her... eyes. Yeah, her eyes. I stared at them only for a /moment/ and the stick was beside me, with a dagger pressed into my gut. From within the cloak there was a deep, stereotypically evil chuckle,

"Well Lemur (for that was my disguise of choice. Lemurs are the best race, they're easily better than ALL the other races), it seems as if I've got you in a tough spot! Just give me all your tria and there won't be a problem."

The laugh that came from my gut was far from evil. No, it was filled with geniuine amusement at this character's stupidity. "It is you who is in the pickle, sir. I suggest you put that toy down!"

He started to scoff, but he didn't get to finish, for in the blink of an eye, I had moved from my calm sitting position to directly behind him, where I unleashed a kick so powerful upon him that I could hear his ribs cracking as he shot off at lightning speed toward the wall, which he hit so hard that he created a hole in it!

But he didn't come out the other side, because I was already there, delivering a bone shattering punch to the cretin, that sent him flying back inside, much to the awe of everyone, ever.

I paced back inside, over to the battered body of my victim, I was in no rush. As he looked up at me, eyes full of regret and pain, he managed to stutter out a few words "W-Who are you?"

And I replied, proudly, "They call me Toenail. Remember it, worship it, fear it, but above all, love it."

I beamed around, with a wide smile, which I swear only dampened /slightly/ when I saw the Lemur temptress was absent. I didn't have time to have a funereal in my head at the loss of such a great view, because some fenki was tapping me on the shoulder.

As I turned, I saw a Kore, wearing the most hideous brown ratty cloak ever. But her eyes were filled with awe and admiration, so I tolerated her for a moment, "Yes?"

"I--I just wanted to say you're amazing, great, superb, stunning, breathtaking, extraordinary, phononminal and not to mention spectacularly handsome!"

Ah, fans. So predictable. Makes me smile every time, "Yes, would you like my autograph or something?"

She shook her head, replying instead, "No! I want to become your sidekick, becuase that demonstration of sheer might inspired me!"

My brow creased. I hate to disappoint fans, especially the ladies, but this one was wearing the most hideous cloak ever. I thought hard, what use are women other than looking pretty? The answer, of course, came in an instant.

"Can you cook?"

"Uh... yeah."

"You're hired! But you just gotta change into something not disgusting first." Wait, no. Bad idea. I've already seen her choice in clothing. It sucks. Luckily, I'm always prepared for such an occasion. I carry a womans outfit in my back pocket. I mean, a good woman's outfit takes up less space than a wallet, so it's really not much of an inconvenince.

Five minutes later, it was on, and I was admiring my new sidekick, clad in a skirt so short it's nearly pointless, and a top covering the minimal amount of her shiny white fur as possible. I wept a little inside, it was so beautiful to see such success.

"What's your name fenki?"

"Call me Maum."

I nodded. "Maum. Sounds good."

And as I stared at her... eyes. Yeah, eyes, I knew that it most definitely was going to be good.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
Re: The Amazing Adventures of Toenail
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 12:30:50 am »
The Amazing Adventures of Toenail - Volume II

"Why d'ya gotta do that Maum. /Every/ time we travel you put on that hideous piece of trepor dung, even after I got you such a nice outfit too!"

"It's a /travelling/ cloak. It's what they're for. Travelling."

The amazingly handsome, strong, graceful and talented Toenail was travelling with his sidekick Maum, who could be described as pretty, if she didn't insist on wearing that Laanx-damn ugly cloak.

"You could have just spread sewage all over yourself. I mean, it would still be good for camoflauge, which is also good for travel. Plus it'd look better."

"If I didn't love you and admire you with all my heart I'd hit you right now."

Ah sweet praise. Gives my ego a nice boost. Not that I really need it, considering that I am pretty much the best being to ever exist on Yliakum ever. I mean Laanx herself-- himself. Wait, is Laanx a guy or a girl, I can never remember its just so hideous.

Seriously though, you're a god. Maybe. y'know, magically make yourself a pretty face. And a chest the size of a few nice juicy melons might be nice.

Anyway, my mind snaps back to my travels. "Where is this place we're going to anyway?"

"Gargunturd. A place called the Rockbrain. I hear rumours about great evil taking place there."

I suppose you're wondering why Maum is even accompanying me on this Journey, let alone leading it. Well, while I realize that she's a woman, and therefore better suited for making me some Lunch, it's also necessary to realize that she's a woman. And therefore is a nice little trophy too look at when I need to be reminded of how great I am.

"We're here," she says and I look away from her bottom to notice the very large stone building in front of me. All in all it looks like a pretty lax place, not too many plots to destroy the world being formulated inside it.

"Take off the cloak," I tell her. "I will not be seen in public with you wearing that disgusting rat hide." And off it goes. Ah sweet pocket-sized outfits. I'm such a genius. I should go public with this idea, it'd sell like wildfire.

We walk up to the entrance, and I briefly note a gang of about five people all using Lah'ar to torment a groffel.

"Huh. Guess that's not such a secret rarely used technique like all credible sources say it is and the pratitioners don't seem to respect their years of training by using the art responsibly."

The insides of the Rockbrain are admittedly less than stunning. In fact one could say this is the ugliest dump of a tavern I've ever seen and I'm embarassed to be inside it. Of course one wouldn't say that aloud. I want food.

"Greetings, hi, welcome!" Oh joy. An overbearing hostess. I glance at her nametag on her chest--ooh, it's a nice one too. Whoever thought of placing nametags there is also a genius, I should work out a deal with him, pay him off to say I invented the idea.

Anyway, overbearing hostess named Leecia. She's rambling on about some crap no one /really/ cares about, but I nod along politely, acting interested about some sort of funding or volunteer work or something. Huh. Her mouth's not moving anymore. She's got some sort of talent there, talking without moving her mou--ohcrap! She's not talking, and she's looking at me expectantly! I was supposed to be listening, wasn't I?! Dammit, don't people know that Lemurs as handsome as I don't have to listen, only look? It's starting to get a bit awkward, I need to say something... anything.

"Yes."

Leecia's eyes go wide with some excitement and she starts to lead us off. Guess I did something right. But Maum's giving me an evil look like I did something horribly, horribly wrong. Oh god, why are women even allowed to /do/ things. Just look pretty and make food, is that too much to ask?

"Here we are!" said Leecia, pointing to a door at the back of the tavern, grinning, and pulling it open.

I glance back at Maum who's standing a few metres back and I give her a quick smile, "Coming?"

"No."

This confuses me. A lot. It must be related to that evil look she was giving me earlier and-- OH LAANX A BREEZE FROM OUTSIDE. Up goes her skirt, up goes my ego. Life is good.

She claps a hand down on it, her evil eye getting eviller as she watches me stare, but decides not to kick me in the face. I thank her for that.

"Weren't you even /listening/ to what she was saying at the door?"

I stare blankly.

"For Talad's sake, you're such an ass!" A part of me isn't really liking this new rebellious Maum. But another part of me is /really/ enjoying it.

She scowls and shoves me back through the door, and Leecia follows me in, closing the door behind her. Then she pulls of all her clothes. Gotta say, that one was a tad unexpected. I mean, sure I'm dashing and all, but she's moving kinda fast.

"Er... Not that I'm complaining, but... why are you undressing."

She looks at me like I'm stupid. Obviously this was mentioned earlier. Dammit.

"This is a brothel, that's what people do in brothels."

Realization strikes me like a drawn sword in Kada El's slicing off the head of another patron while no guard action is being taken.

Then it strikes me. Oh Laanx how it hurt when it did. This is illegal. This was the evil I had to thwart. There's no way I could do it. NO WAY.

Well, y'know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them. I flash Leecia a smile then start removing my pants.

Maums foot connected with my face this time. I didn't have time to enjoy the peek up her skirt, because there was a foot. Attached to my face. Granted, I kinda deserve it, but she's still gonna pay for this later on.

I stand shakily, a bootprint clearly outlined on my face, and I do the hardest thing I've /ever/ had to do in my life. I said to the naked woman, "I can't let this happen."

She didn't take it so well.

Her flesh seemed to start bubbling and boiling, and she grew taller and taller. Wider and wider. Each hair on her furry body grew to sharp metallic points and they too grew longer until she was a giant puffball of death.

A normal man would have fled for his life. But me, I'm no normal man. I turned around and ran.

For Maum's sake of course. Someone had to drag her out of there, right? I grab onto her hand and yank her out through the door just in time, as the Puff-eecia lumbers forward, the whole ground shaking and rams headlong into the stone wall. It cracks and shakes, dust falls from the roof, no way it'd withstand a couple more of those.

Roars of fury came as she--it repeats the process I hurry Maum to the door of the tavern, looking frantically about for an idea, then it hits me. Literally. I stub my toe on some stupid podium right in the doorway. What were they /thinking/ putting that there? But on it is just what I need right now, a pen.

Cursing quietly, I pick it up and move outside with Maum who, in obvious fright, is very appreciative of my manliness and clinging tightly to my hand. I take quick aim, and just as the Puff-eecia goes to give the finishing ram to the wall, I whip the pen, tip-first, with amazing accuracy and precision only achieved by a master like myself, and it connects with her, causing her to explode and send needles flying about in every direction.

I yank Maum safely down the walk a small distance as the whole Rockbrain collapses, dust and rubble being cast into the air.

We slowly make our way back up, examining the rubble. Everything inside the Rockbrain is definitely gone forever.

"My..." Maum stammers, "My cloak was on the counter."

Success.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:26:22 am »
LMAO!!!!!!! that was hellarious

I love you timmothy :D

Archon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:40:47 pm »
Well, I want to thank you for writing these. More so, I want to thank Elady for introducing me to them. I need more. I can already feel the withdrawals... Write... NOW!
Or soon... Whatever is good for you.
Knowledge is infinite, but not invincible.
Now, nothing but a simple writer, waiting for tales.

Ebonwumon

• Hydlaa Resident
  • lol b&
    • View Profile
    • DEPOT WAREHOUSE!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:53:09 pm »
Just in time for Illysia's return, everyone should re-read Volume II and re-live what truly went on in the Stonehead.

I am most certainly NOT the one known as Perriwinkle or Overtherainbow

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 11:09:27 pm »
*Smacks Ebonwumon*

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:11 am »
* Mariana Xiechai reads through...and starts laughing hysterically.