Author Topic: The Kivikar Dynasty.  (Read 1138 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The Kivikar Dynasty.
« on: October 07, 2009, 03:02:51 am »
An old dwarf beggar sits by the doorway of Brado's Tavern, a small fur cap laid at his feet. A young menki approaches him, a handsome rich young Rabani from a powerful family, dressed in fine silken clothes, a sabre sheathed in his elaborate belt.

"Give me but a few tria, and I tell ye a tale!" The beggar cried.

The menki stopped, and pulled out a small coin sack. He flipped a single tria into the beggar's cap, smirking.

"Tell me your story then."

The beggar cleared his throat, stroking his beard.

"Do you know the Kore Irka Clan? That famous pack of Enkidukai?"

The Rabani smirked further.

"The fighters? Yeah, I've seen them. Father says they're great heroes for Enkien culture, but I'm not really convinced."

"Well," the dwarf said matter-of-factly, "they are great heroes. The Finkyli Enkidukai are bravest of all Ojaveda's citizens. Only the greatest Kore get promoted to the Manthanol Council by their commander! Akaiddo Kivikar be his name."

The menki chuckled. "I've never even seen him. I spend most of my time in Hydlaa you see."

"Well he is a glorious menki!" the beggar exclaimed, "He is the son of Agarik Kivikar, who has not been seen in over a decade. Agarik led a company of Irka Finkyli into the Stone Labrynths, never to be seen again. None can believe he is dead, for Agarik was the greatest warrior Ojaveda had ever seen. He led the Kore Irka Clan before Akaiddo, who recently took claim to the leadership of the Clan. He is the latest in a long line of warriors to retain the Kore tradition of militancy and the Holy Finkyli lifestyle."

"The Kore Irka Clan dates back to the time the Octarchy took over Yliakum, meeting in secret, retaining their way of life. As things have relaxed, the Irka Finkyli have come out of the shadows, taking back their prestige. No one knows how long the Kivikar family have been the alpha family, some say centuries. What we do know is that the Irka Finkyli are devoted, loyal to their master to the end. The Kore Irka Clan is at the center of the Enkidukai Alliance, which is a trade union and council specifically set to retaining and reviving the old Enkidukai culture. The Irka Finkyli protect the Alliance, providing security, and bodyguards."

"Akaiddo himself is a courageous warrior. In his youth, he was lost in Hydlaa, and found a year later running a street gang. The Octarchy pardoned his crimes due to his age, and the status of the Kivikar family, and his father set him to training. For a while he ran a small trading guild, running goods around the Dome. He was betrayed by a good friend, Inkat Ketisnok, and then joined The Warriors Guild, where he completed his training and made many good friends. His mother sent Vakachehk, the younger of the Kivikar brothers, to the Warriors, and the two were promoted to a fair rank, after proving their blood-born mettle. Soon after, Akaiddo decided to stake his claim to hereditary command of the Kore Irka Clan, and was granted it with open arms. This spelled the end of his time in The Warriors Guild, and he took up control of the family and clan."

The Rabani sat on a nearby grain barrel, fixated on the beggar with interest. He pulled a Hexa out of his coin sack and flipped it in the cap.

"Since then, the Kore Irka Clan has gone from strength to strength. Akaiddo leads it with pride, now fully matured and fit for his post. He's bringing Enkidukai in Yliakum together. Hopefully forever."

"Tchasvok!" Another, older Rabani yelled from the gate, "We're heading back to Hydlaa now!"

Tchasvok the Rabani looked kindly at the dwarf, and flipped him two Circles, then jogged off to meet the elder Rabani.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Kivikar Dynasty.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:23:42 am »
who knew Akaiddo was trying to establish an empire?  ::|

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:25:48 am »
Trade empire more than anything... an empire for RP.... yeah.

Not really a military empire, KIC is just the "security" wing since the Octarchy wouldn't really like the idea of an army in their territory.

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 04:38:44 pm »
tl;dr

DO I SENSE A NEW TOLIAN?

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Raekh

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:24:18 pm »
DO I SENSE A NEW TOLIAN?
hey Timmeh, nice idea!

but Donari with a name "Akkaido"?
Nah.....

xD

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:18 pm »
Tolian minus the cheating and self-godmodding, oh and minus the haughtiness....

And minus the riches and elitism.

BLERGHtrue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 07:21:34 am »
Heh, nicely written there Akaiddo!
Hope we hear some more of the plot later, rather than just you ;D

Chucki

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:27:10 pm »
Two hooded menki strolled with a casual air through a dusty canyon, the night air cool and stiff. Their desert cloaks were heavy, set for cold nights in the sandy Ojavedan barrens. The cloaks were dark steel grey with red markings on one Enkidukai, cool blue on the other, protrusions of plate armour sticking out and glinting in the cool azure light dimly projecting from the Azure Sun above. One menki had a visible grey beard protruding from his hood, the other bore a helm on top of the hood, the metal and leather entwining with the hood, both a work of art and a strong defense.

The helmed menki, a smooth-coated Rabani in blue-marked robes, sniffed the air, then opened his mouth, baring his fangs. He bore more intricate plates, metal and leather combined in swirling patterns, obviously more wealthy than his companion, and his robes were slightly finer, and more embroidered, though still appropriate for desert travel. Strapped over a shoulder were several daggers, with glowing blue gems in their hilts.

"Master, I be not a warrior like your kin, but I sense... I sense the bad smell of bandits."

The other menki, his grey beard and full cloak covering any trace of his pack colouring, turned and cocked his head at the Rabani, blue eyes gleaming under the hood.

"Relax, friend, they are afraid."

The bearded menki was of average stature, his armour covered in more red markings than his companion, red bracers strapped to his forearms bearing glowing orange gems. Strapped to his back was a round shield bearing flame imagery, and two sabers were sheated in the belt of his robes. Both weapons were engraved with highly ornamental patterns, and the menki's short spear attached under his shield had a glowing orange gem at either end.

Sounds of whispering and skittering echoed down the canyon from above, stirring up the night, seeming to bring a breeze that brushed down the canyon, flexing the sparse arid shrubbery and rustling the hoods and cloaks of the menki as they paused, flexing as if preparing for action.

The bearded menki flashed a grin towards the Rabani, reaching onto his back and grabbing the short spear that rested there, but refraining from removing it from it's position.

"There are around twenty of them, Nekaduky'a. They seem to be forming up positions at the edge of the canyon."

"So let them come."

The bearded menki drew his cloak back, revealing his Kore features, scars criss-crossing his face and three orange gems forming a golden crown between his ears, one set on his forehead and the two others behind his ears.

"In the name of Kore Irka Kor of Ojaveda, show yourselves bandits, I dare you!"

The rustling fell quiet, the canyon slipped again into an eery silence.

A mocking voice broke the silence.

"In the name of your safety, show us your possessions, I command you!"

The bearded menki grinned, and drew the short spear. In a flash of flame it extended into a full length, then he drew his shield, nodding for the Rabani to follow suit. The Rabani traced his fingers over his dagger covered shoulderpads, selecting two curved Ulbernaut claw daggers with inset blue gems.

The Rabani moved his daggers in swirling motions, casting a spell blowing air around him, kicking up dust and sand. At the same time, the Kore roared, flames engulfing his body, creating a spire of flame that flung itself skyward.

"These are our possessions," he roared, "Come and take them from me!"

A single figure appeared at the top of the canyon, raising it's arm towards the menki below.

"Attack!"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:41:15 am by Chucki »