Author Topic: Gartheiz and the Streets  (Read 1325 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Gartheiz and the Streets
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:20:41 pm »

Gartheiz stares from the top of the stairs leading to the Tavern. The wind's calm, the night as dark as they get. But his blood is boiling, like it always does.
He is soaked, bruised and his clothes are all smeared with blood and dirt... A shame the guards intervened though...

"Oh well. Dakkru shall miss my handsome features a day more."

He chuckles and goes down the stairs, with his jacket across his left shoulder walking in an elegant pace.

His blood begins cooling down, and the alcohol flowing within gradually eases him. As smoothly as fog mingling with the night, memories from his past invade his mind:
The shabby house his mother shared with his siblings, half siblings, sibling-nephews... The noise about it, the cruel taunts and jokes... The fun of it all...

And the day it blew up, thanks to one of his dumb, red-way-meddling siblings.

He laughs to himself, shaking his head. Dakkru had such wit. It was perfect how it wasn't the vengeance of his siblings' victims, but the consequences of their means that erased them all from Hydlaa.

"Hey, preacher! Heh! I see someone silenced you down this time." A stranger's laughter fades slowly. The fog turns into soft rain, completely erasing the voice he had heard and leaving him to his thoughts.

"There must be more I can do for her..."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:02:06 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Gartheiz and the Streets
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:45:57 am »
"No gutter is a lonely place: misery always stands there, with nothing but love for my company."

Gartheiz laughed to himself, since misery wasn't that good of a listener. To his surprise, someone's laughter joined with his. A robust enkidukai with smiling green eyes and a serious looking xacha who leaned on a staff were looking at him.

"This is the one, Sangwa. He is a misguided, blundering idiot, but he's got some witty remarks in him and some intriguing endurance towards mistreatment." The enkidukai's laughter tuned into a paused chuckle. "It looks like that indeed." He nodded. "Fresh him up. We'll see what can be done."

A blinding light pierced through his eyelids. Gartheiz woke somewhere he wasn't meant to be. Clean sheets and a soberly decorated room surrounded him overwhelmingly. Even more overwhelming was the pain in his head.
He tried to remember what he had done the past night: He had recited some poetry and annoyed a client or two, enough to get him kicked from Kada-El's. Outside an eerie Xacha had spoken with him about his life. Light-hearted drunk's talk...

"You're not made for drinking, boy." that same voice now said. "You're meant for some other path. You blabber about life and death, righteousness and wrong doing... Yet you do not persist in any." sitting on a bench nearby that same Xacha now smiled mysteriously, looking into his eyes, invading his worthless existence. "Good. You're quiet for once."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:50:49 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:26:56 pm »
[Nice work Sangwa :D I normally don't read any of the community RP, because it's too long and boring, but you really write yours very well  :) I'd like to see how this all plays out!]

Dracaeon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • KJ website
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 11:47:40 pm »
(Oh man, I think I'm in this one!  When did this happen, because I might your "client or two")

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:03 am »
[Thanks for the kind words, Mekora.

Dracaeon, up until now I've written only Gartheiz's background, which is his story before interacting with the rest of the characters. I may write a new crutch (i.e. didn't happen in-game as well) chapter to explain the character more thoroughly and then I'll get into actual game material. This might or might not happen in the near future, depends if I procrastinate or not.]

Join the Dark Empire!

Perlam

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Masters of Move Guildsite
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:14 am »
nice drawing, Sangwa

Heleckie: why is there always an apple involved
Heleckie: why not a mango

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 09:15:48 am »
[@Perlam: It's made by Xythe :) it's somewhere around in these forums]

[@Sangwa: Hey man, I really like your style. Even though all my characters tend to dislike/disrespect Gartheiz (Morwen is completely different, my characters love/respect her), I really think your RP is great. Keep up the good job.]

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 12:37:59 pm »
Meh, ended up not liking it. :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:06:28 pm by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:08 pm »
[Are we now in actual PS? Is that huntress the one I think she is?]

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:06:58 pm »
[I'm not sure she is <.< >.>]

Join the Dark Empire!

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:21:00 pm »
[LOL @ your last edit. I better a better text instead or the original one. Your skills are outstanding]

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »
I like your writing style Sangwa! And good drawing by the Xythe guy. Im interested to see how this goes, my char doesn't like Garthiez, but there are to many likable characters... need a few people you can despise.  ;D

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:12 pm »
[First of all, thanks a lot for the compliments on the writing style. Always good when people enjoy our efforts, aye?

Anyway there has been something going on with Gartheiz, but I'm trying to word it in a way it'll be clear of spoilers. Hard stuff :P]

Join the Dark Empire!

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:34 pm »
Good luck with that  :)  Please keep this coming though, this is good! :D
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 10:05:14 pm »
Good writing  :thumbup:
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.