Author Topic: Gartheiz and the Streets  (Read 1324 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: Gartheiz and the Streets
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 07:58:06 am »
It seems Dakkru had a plan for Gartheiz already.

Some years had passed since the diaboli had last drunk and partied to his heart desire... Mostly because his heart now desired something else. This new enterprise he had been invited to drove him forward, focused and confident. His preaching now had use, his small talk was now etiquette, his flamboyant moves, advertisement.

But not everything was great. Some of his superiors and peers had vanished during a crisis of the Cause. What was once a great flame looked like nothing more of an ember now. And it was Gartheiz's job to help the new management raise the fire.

That's why he's walking the sewers right now. People without purpose usually end up here, performing the jobs that no one else wants. Some declined his offer to leave them, but he'll be happy enough to find one amongst a thousand.

As he turns a corner, a young female enkidukai's struggling with some rats. He looks at her for a while, making sure it's not the pacifist that usually bothers him when he's working.
It isn't. One of the rats gets its head chopped off with a clean blow, the wound and Gartheiz's grin forming at the same time.
It's also not the one who made a mess of his face; she's not wearing any badges.

She fights with a reserved expression that matches nicely with the outfit she wears: practical and not ostentatious. Nice. Gartheiz approaches the enkidukai and flamboyantly bows.

"Greetings, good enkidukai. Ever thought of making a career out of that?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:05:10 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 10:56:17 pm »
[MOAR MOAR MOAR... hehe, it's good :). And by the way, my characters like the infamous Gartheiz ;)]

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 04:11:07 am »
That a good story mate

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 06:59:15 am »
Some live for tria. Some live for love. Some live for war.

Some for recognition.

Gartheiz was born a lowlife and raised a lowlife, but now he knows he'll die otherwise. As he walks the streets there are those who look at him with disdain, others with hate and a few with sympathy. But they look at him now.
He chuckles, pondering over what they might be thinking. It can't be about his preaching, it's been a while since he did any of that. It must be about the poems, the weapons, the Imperial propaganda... Or the last time he belittled them.

Regardless, Khado Greenmoon is now the one who matters. Morwen's shaded reign has come to an end, replaced by the new confidence and initiative of her brother. Fortunately the new Emperor also acknowledges him. He requested Gartheiz to positively respond to an invite: a local klyros noble, of might and wealth, was interested in knowing Khado's agenda and disposition and so sought to meet him.
He sighs. It's certainly proving to be a difficult task. The klyros has been recently insulted and now avoids Hydlaa and being found at all.

"Sooner or later he'll have to show around. Even if it's for his event." he grins and folds his arms behind his head. "For now the streets are kind enough and the Den shall be kinder still."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:48:29 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 06:50:56 am »
Gartheiz grins to himself. It seems the new aspirant is also fond of him. Well, he did his best to impress him after all... Hopefully Eina would be as much of a success as Karlyle and Jilata.

He smiles to himself, while placing some books on a shelf. The Dark Empire is but a dream, but it's a dream that begins to manifest in reality. Gartheiz never doubted Jilata would seize a place in the Council, but he was pleasantly surprised when she began reorganizing the economic structure. The decrees were signed, the storage organized, the objectives clear. The Dawn Force had a shape, a strong, effective one.
The Overlady may not trust him as much as he'd like, but she still relies on him. That is more than enough for Gartheiz to try and add some spice to the Force.

"I will not fail Sangwa, or Parallo." Gartheiz says to himself, after going down the stairs to take a look at the Decrees. He winces. "I just wish it was easier."

The life of a bureaucrat is demanding. You are a proxy between people and rules... And rules and people can be very tiring. Gartheiz has decrees to rewrite and present to the Council, propositions to make, Councilors to update. The dream was grand, but the work it involved was grander still.

The Empire's halls are still too empty. Not everyone enjoys protocol. Not everyone enjoys working within a community. Not everyone is reasonable.

Karlyle was Overseer now, but the Dusk Force was demanding and he had no staff to help him with recruiting, let alone with the rest of the Dusk Force's tasks. Gartheiz pondered. "Maybe it'd be better to have Eina on the Dusk Force..." The Goldsmith within could certainly use some help there.

Gartheiz looks down at the floor and shakes an angry fist. "My lady, why must you make me one, like every other mortal? Yliakum needs a hundred of me."

He smiles to himself realizing something: cleaning and organizing the outpost is so mechanical it has become his introspective time.  "Good. Can't afford to waste a second of such a short and intense life."

Join the Dark Empire!

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 08:51:34 am »
I like it. Some parts of it amused me quite well... Maybe I have a too big of an imagination sometimes... ;)
*imagines 100 Gartheiz walking around, making trouble

[...]
The Overlady may not trust him as much as he'd like, but she still relies on him. That is more than enough for Gartheiz to try and add some spice to the Force.
[...]

Well... that depends on what he wishes to be trusted in. If it is for him doing his work, she does trust that he will do it good :P

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 10:42:56 am »
Hehe, Jilata does well. And 100 Gartheiz would see Yliakum sink :P Also, you have imagination in good measure. I say that because I read your stuff *grins*

Join the Dark Empire!