Author Topic: So Far From Home  (Read 779 times)

Xifer

• Traveller
  • "Ni neart go cur le cheile"
    • View Profile
So Far From Home
« on: March 10, 2011, 08:07:50 pm »
Sabriel sits alone on a roof, his feet dangling off the edge. The dim light of the Crystal bathing everything in a slightly dimmer twilight, reminding him that he's not on the first level. He's nowhere near the House. Nowhere near his father, or the few people he actually considers friends. Nowhere near the painful memories or the woman who crushed his heart and ruined his life. He wasn't home.

The menki pushed the thoughts away for a moment, contemplating, grieving, brooding, or whatever you like to call it. Sabriel's ears droop as he came to the realization that he had nothing left. Well, nothing aside from his son. Kerrz was the only thing that could make him smile anymore. That is, when he wasn't asking about his mother.

Sabriel's tail slips into the satchel on the roof behind him, wrapping around the hilt of a dagger and bringing it to his paws. Is this really how my tale is going to end?  he asked himself. In no way did he want it to end this way; his mind simply told him that his time was up. It's not like I expected to be in the bard's tales or anything... I just expected to have a life worth living. This... this is just madness.

Having the knife in paw, his tail brought something else; a vial full of dark, viscous liquid. Sabriel took it in his other paw and popped the cork from the top. It stank horribly, making him wonder if this perma-death poison could possibly taste worse than it stunk.

"On the knife, then into the heart. With such sweet sorrow do we part..." His words seemed to excite the poison as he poured it onto the grooved knife... and waited. He stared at his reflection in the liquid, seeing nothing but a plain face he no longer recognized. This made him chuckle, cold and emptily; plain was never a word he had heard used to describe himself before.

"So, she not only took my home, two of my children and my heart, but she also took my charming personality and good looks. What a bitch." he shook his head and spit in disgust off the roof... only to hurriedly looked down to see if he had hit anyone. 

Sabriel watched as the dagger began to smoke, a sign that the poison had finally stuck to it. He pulled up off his shirt and got ready to sheathe the dagger into his chest. All at once, a thousand thoughts flooded through his head. Why should he die for her? She didn't deserve that honor. She didn't deserve him; hell, she didn't deserve to find happiness ever again.

Sabriel took the dagger and stabbed it into the roof. He grabbed his shirt and satchel with a smirk on his face. The menki then proceeds to punt the empty vial across the roofs of the town. "Well, looks like I'm not dying today." he takes the ring she had given back to him and tosses it across the roofs after the vial "You win, you thrice-damned bitch. I'm not dying. But, you'll never take anything from me again. Especially not my son."

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Re: So Far From Home
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:54:18 pm »
Make your own level! with blackjack! and hookers!

Fun read, thrice damned bitch is a fun line.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:16:35 am »
 :love: Emo-menki.  I really love this story.  I love the emotion.
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Xifer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:47:52 pm »
Make your own level! with blackjack! and hookers!

Fun read, thrice damned bitch is a fun line.

Thank you! I thought it up and was like  :woot: Must use... XD

:love: Emo-menki.  I really love this story.  I love the emotion.

Thanks a lot, I actually worked quite hard on it. ^.^

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:17:31 am »
I love the description of the emotional state. Nice reading. And a nice ending, in a way :)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »
you slip back and forth between present and past tenses. also, enki tails are prehensile O.o?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »
Great job conveying so much emotion

Never trust a unicorn fish.

Xifer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:28:06 pm »
you slip back and forth between present and past tenses. also, enki tails are prehensile O.o?

I realize this, but I wrote it at around... 1am and haven't gotten around to fixing it.... lol

And about the tails, I've not seen anything to suggest that they the tails aren't, so until I'm told they aren't, I'll RP them as they are ^^

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 05:34:18 pm »
 ;D Did like! Very good descriptions.