Author Topic: I love you, my daughter - A short tale  (Read 468 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
I love you, my daughter - A short tale
« on: May 21, 2011, 05:20:36 pm »
The little Clamod cub was crying on her hammock. Two mid-aged Enkidukai were arguing loudly, ignoring completely the fenki's weeping. The fenki, a Clamod with green eyes and dressed in a healer's tunic, seemed to be the most angered of the pair. The Kore menki, wearing an utility belt with blacksmithing tools and a leather apron, was, on the other hand (or paw), pretty sad.

-I'm leaving you, Kerrz! Don't try to fix it, because I won't change my mind!
-Why, Sashka?! Just tell me why? You're going to abandon me, and your daughter, for the gods know what reason? You're an awful mother!

She slapped him with all her strength. Kerrz turned his cheek, rubbing it with one paw, and looked to the ground.

-That's it, dear husband - she took her wedding ring off and tossed it into a furnace, failing -. That's it. I'm leaving you. I want to be free: you're always away with that cart and that rivnak, repairing and selling weapons for a few circles, while I stay here, bored, only healing some bruises and minor cuts and taking care of our daughter. I'm leaving, and I'm taking Mishka with m-
-No!! - Kerrz roared, falling to his knees and begging, tugging from her clothes gently - Please, not Mishka! Anything but Mishka! Without her… I'd die… not my daughter…
-Disgusting… - she pushed Kerrz back - Fine. Keep her. She will get bored of you and leave you alone. Bye, Kerrz.

She rushed towards the door and slammed it behind herself. The Kore menki stood up slowly, sniffing softly and wiping away some tears from his eyes. He sat on the bed and took the small Clamod cub in his arms, smiling softly at her:

-She's not right… you'll never leave me. I'll be with you forever. I love you, my daughter. I love you, Mishka - he let out a soothing purr -. Lurr'olo.

The cub seemed to calm down instantly, looking up at her father's face, and reaching out her tiny paws she said her first word, replying to her father "Lurre."

The menki burst into tears, hugging Mishka.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:50:16 pm by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
Re: I love you, my daughter - A short tale
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:49:31 pm »
Awe very nice writing but very sad  :(

Never trust a unicorn fish.

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:11 pm »
Very, very sad indeed. :( But nice writing, very touching.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 06:12:36 am »
Thanks for the feedback. I may or may not expand this, who knows.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."