Author Topic: Short story: Goodbye world - How Ilaro the tailor ceased to exist.  (Read 411 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Ilaro slammed the door of the house open, doing the same to close it behind himself. He held his head and growled a bit, shutting his eyes tightly.

"You have failed me. But you still have another opportunity."

He shouted "Leave me alone!! I won't kill her!!". The whisper in his head had been tormenting him for the last week, growing louder and louder until it was almost a shout breaking into his head… with a hushed, cold voice, sarcastic, harmful. The Akkaio ripped his clothes off and made a noose with a thick rope, hanging it from the ceiling. Suddenly, pain.

"Don't be stupid. You left me no choice, I didn't really want to hurt you. You can end yourself after you've done your job."

The voice spoke softly, almost mocking him. Millions of red hot daggers stabbed Ilaro's muscles… or at least that's what he felt. Writhing in pain on the cold floor, howling, crying loudly, he felt like the flesh was ripped away from his bones. Sliding a bit, he stood up, shaking uncontrollably. He crawled upstairs, to his own laboratory, and reached out to grab the mortar and pestle, when… pain again.

Ilaro shrieked in pain as his paw started to lose its flesh and skin slowly, transforming in nothing but bones. With wide, bloodshot eyes, he held his wrist, staring at the skeletical paw while howling in pain "STOP IT!". A soft chuckle sounded in his head, and the paw grew normal again… only so he could feel how his brain seemed to be about to explode. Growling softly and holding his head, he hit himself against the walls in a vain attempt to create pain by himself in other places to distract him, failing miserably. Shouting in pain, he finally grabbed the mortar and put a small, milky-looking crystal into it, frenetically slamming it with the pestle until it was nothing but a fine powder.

Mixing it with water, he shouted again loudly as the pain in his head grew more. "Stop iiiiiiiit!", he begged, but the whisper didn't answer. He then put the water with the powders into a bottle and rushed to the main level of the house, climbing up the enormous scale in the middle of the room. He put the loop around his neck and-

"No! Do your job! Don't kill yourself, coward! I need her dead!"

Ilaro wrote a few words in a blank piece of parchment "I won't kill her… I almost did, and I regret it… I love her. You lose.", and let it glide slowly to the base of the scale. Drinking the powdered quartz…

… he jumped to his end.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:48:05 pm by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Knightspark9

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Hear ye, hear ye, free ale!
    • View Profile
Re: Short story: Goodbye world - How Ilaro the tailor ceased to exist.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 10:45:17 am »
Not to be the grammar police or anything, but It's actually a noose, not a loop.
Ardoin: So, do you drink moonshine?
Earowo: As long as it has alcohol, I'll drink it.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »
Thank you, changing it :3

+1 Internet for you ;D

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:15:17 am »
:( Sad

Never trust a unicorn fish.

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:25:30 am »
*sigh* Seems as if Ilaro was tortured even more than we had thought. Sad it had to end this way.  :'(