Author Topic: iXi 's first Rivnak  (Read 732 times)

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
iXi 's first Rivnak
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »
  For over a week, the small herd of rivnak had been grazing the sparse fields of grass, as the days had be unusually dry. Unseen by the alpha leading the herd, was a still figure in the bushes nearby.
   iXi's eyes had come to focus on only one of the herd...  it was a smaller one, with one horn shorter than the other. It always fell behind the others as they grazed and it only got the scraps the others missed. This demorian, raised in an opportunistic world, saw a chance...
  The rest of the herd had moved to the nearby lake, which had shrunk to a muddy pool. The little runt of the rivnaks sniffed the ground in search of food.
   Slowly, and deliberately, iXi made her way out from the bushes with an apple in one hand, and a big handful of juicey green grass, that she had picked from around the Hydlaa Temple of Lanx when no one was looking. She did not approach the animal directly, but, made an arc, always sure to look away and show no direct interest in the animal.
   Closer and closer she came, until it suddenly jerked it's head up in surprise to see her.... and a hand full of lush, green grass being held out to it.
    "Hello, baby...  ", came a voice almost singing, " you are soooo pretty... yes you are...  pretty little baby ... Momma's got some grass for you,  .. yes she does... hmmmm !".
    The rivnak stiffened and looked unsure whether to run , or to look at the grass in the stranger's hand. Then out came the apple.
    Making kissing noises, she slowly came closer, as smoothly as any predator ever stalked.
    "Here...  Hmmmm.... pretty baby, you are sooo cute... yes you are... you are soooo sweet...  Momma's got a sweet apple and some grass.. cmon..   here it is... cmon little baby.... hmmmm..."
     The rivnak flared it's nostrils and became interested in the offering. The musical tones of the stranger did not seem aggressive, nor threatening.... so it ventured a step closer.
     iXi's heart almost jumped out of her chest and she stiffled the urge to smile... she knew that showing teeth might not be wise at this time.
     "It's ok... oooo kaay....  baby baby..   come on... now...  smell this wonderful grass.... hmmmmmm".
      The animal swayed and sniffed at iXi, which showed clear interest. iXi's other hand slowly reached behind her, where she had, hanging from her belt, a hand made bridal that she had fashioned from bendable branches.
      "Come on, my little baby baby, sweet thing. Momma's gonna take good care of you, and feed you, and ride you until those short little legs fall right off,.. yes she will...  yes she will."
     The rivnak took one last sniff of the grass and bit into it. iXi could hardly stand the excitement, and yet was as poised as a statue. Slowly the apple came up with the bridal, and the rivnak sniffed it, but returned to the grass in her hand.
     She started humming softly and let the beast lick her hand as it forgot all fear, and began to bite into the grass again.
    "That's good little baby baby.... yes.. momma loves you... yes she does."
    It was then that she realized this animal was too well kept to be wild... it must have been tamed at some point, though it did seem to follow the herd. She wondered if it would take the bridal with out a struggle, and so she began to pet the animal's neck and the little rivnak allowed it. Reaching up to the ears, she began to gently scratch... and the beast leaned into her.
    She could not help it...  laughing out loud, she brought the bridal up and tried to fit it on... and the rivnak did not resist.

"I beg your pardon, mi Lady." came a rough, male voice from behind somewhere.
    Surprised, iXi turned her head around to see an einki, old and leaning on a rough made crutch. Looking down, it was clear the one leg was not well, perhaps scarred. She did not know what to say.
   "I am sorry to bother you.", the feline face went on, " but can you show me the way to the Bronze Doors?"
    Still surprised, it took iXi a moment to respond.
   "Wow.... that is a long way from here... down this road...but... ( looking at the cripple leg )... it is gonna take you a while...  you are not in a hurry are you?"
   "How did you know?," the greying einki answered. " I am going to meet my son and his new bride, but I got the days mixed up and I am already very late."

"Right....", answered iXi thinking way too fast. Looking at the leg and hearing the story, she knew what she had to do. She smiled at the stranger and said in overly pronounced syllables...
"Day emm it ..... ", closing her eyes in frustration. " You need a ride...  one you can keep and help you with that leg thing... don't you....  doncha doncha doncha...".
   "Mi Lady??" , came the elderly response.
   "Guess who is smiling on you today!", she said openly, but under her breath saying, "not me."
   The old enki looked confused.
 " I just HAPPEN to have what you need...  a well fed... already trained, with bridal.... rrrrii...", she could hardly say the word. After all , she had spent weeks trying to catch one. "Rrriii...  rrriv...."
  "Rivnak." said the enki matter of fact.
  "Yes.... that....", answered the deflated demorian as she handed the bridal to the elder. "Take it... you need this..... and remember, that Xiosia loves you and may she bless you every step of you path... and ah...     you know.".
   The eyes of the old one lit up for joy.
   "REALLY??? "
   "Sure... we who serve her, show her love through us.", she answered, wanting to believe it. " And you should go now... because some of us weaker followers just might in some challenging and frustrating situations unexpectly thrust upon us by what i used to call piss poor fortune might actually change their minds.... so... let me help you up."
   "Oh I will never forget Xiosia for this!", the old einki exclaimed accepting the assistance to mount the animal.
    " Oh, I won't forget it either.", iXi responded trying not to sound sarcastic. "It's just down that road that way...".

As iXi watched her hope and dream walk away with an old enki on it's back, a yellow bird flew down and landed on the ground in front of her, pecking at the dirt and chirping happily.
iXi looked down with squinting eyes and said :

"Oh Shut up!"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:01:53 pm by Lady Crankenstein »

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: iXi 's first Rivnak
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:25:20 pm »
/hug
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:20:50 pm »
lol

(gonna pull a potare.)

Mrokii

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:11:34 am »
Hehe, a funny story. An at last an explanation on where the Rivnaks actually come from, heh. The way they show up currently is just too magical. Maybe we should have stables in the towns and instead of summoning them they should roam along in herds in the wilderness as this story suggested.

miomo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:55:00 am »
This is an enjoyable read. I like how iXi still struggles with her previous behavior.

It is a good use of your frustrations at the ludicrous difficulty in obtaining a mount. I expect ten to 12 more stories like this one. Reminds me of Wile E. Coyote, who never did get the Road Runner.
Miomai is currently sane.

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:37:57 am »
I dont care who ya are....  that there was funny !     ... and painfully true ... which is what makes it funny....  true?

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:19 am »
we who serve her, show her love through us.
* Dannae smiles in knowing Ixi understands

Reminds me of Wile E. Coyote, who never did get the Road Runner.

Love the comparison Miomo! Ixi's so animated she would make an awesome cartoon character!

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 05:04:16 pm »
HAHAHA Love it  \\o//

Never trust a unicorn fish.

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:34:39 am »
Ha, I liked that.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 06:02:41 am »
Its times like this i remember life is a joke. I'm glad i stopped to read this :P

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 01:11:22 pm »
Thank you Chess, I am glad it brought some joy to someone. For those who do not know, iXi did finally get her actaul rivnak and named it Wings of Love... so everywhere she goes, she arrives on .... Wings of Love....

Ok... ya, I know..  but I like it  :innocent: