Author Topic: the Winch Interviews  (Read 611 times)

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
the Winch Interviews
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »
The Winch Interviews

â€œHmmm…â€, came the voice of the gray haired Ylian, from across the large oval table, as he studied the application through his gold rimmed glasses. After a moment, he looked up at the innocent appearing demorian lady, in her off white, conservative dress.
After a moment of looking her over, he glanced to an elder fenki to his left. Seeing this signal, she began to speak to the demorian.   
   â€œSurely, miss…. Ahhhhâ€, She paused as she glanced at her copy of the application, “… erm .. iXi Debonara Veno… Surely, you understand that we of the Winch Qualifications Society bear the load of consequences for our decisions and actions…. And that if we just let ‘Anyone’ join our society… well… soon we would be yet another Hydlaa…. And we all know the Dome does not need that!â€
   All of the elders at the table chuckled and glanced at each other in agreement.
   iXi looked upon the judgmental board, remembering a time in her life that she had mercilessly tortured this exact type of people all in the name of her faith.  She did not fear them but she did understand their power over her at this moment. She returned an innocent and sweet smile and spoke in a soft tone.
   â€œPlease, may I ask for some specifics that affected your desicion?â€.
   â€œYou have both questionable and mysterious history.â€, came the quick retort from a gray haired demorian male.
   â€œYou belong to a guild that excludes members of society.â€, came another comment.
   â€œWe have evidence of your intentions to marry, yet the Octarchs have no record of it on file.â€
   â€œAnd there is the question of your origins… from where you came, and under what circumstances you are here…â€
   â€œI Thank You, fine members of the Winch Qualifications Society, for your fair and reasonable considerations.â€,  iXi responded before even more could be brought out.
   â€œPerhaps…â€, she continued with a gentle tone and smile, “ Perhaps, I might obtain work papers for passage, with one of the trading companies.â€
   A silence fell over the room.
   â€œHmmm, good luck with that…â€, came the response.

*      *      *      *      *      *       *      *      *      *      *      *       *      *

â€œiXi Debonara Venoâ€, spoke the well dressed demorian woman, extending her hand to the work force coordinator for the Mikana Trading Company. He was a dwarf with bright eyes that scanned her every curve faster than lightning. His scanning gaze stuck on one spot in particular… her exposed cleavage, made ever more obvious by the crushing force of the corsette she had forced her body into.
   â€œForgive me, miss Veno, but as charming as you are, I don’t see sales rep experience here on the application… just how is it that you can represent the Mikana Trading Company?â€, he asked with a smile and  gleam in his eye.
   She pulled up a large pack full of items and set it on the desk. After taking a close look at her interviewer, she smiled and began reaching into the bag.
   â€œPerhaps you remember back when the Octarchs decreed that all vendors would be on a new system… and all the old items in transit were simply declared unfit for trade… well… those are all still good items and products… they just don’t have the new official seal on them… other than that, they are all new. Ahh, forgive me for this, but… in case you need some hair dye, rug dye,  and some special soap, maybe ink and paper for your desk, not to mention a nice bottle of expensive wine… I just happen to have many of those items left over from before the big update to the trading laws.â€, she said, placing all the items she mentioned on the desk.
   The dwarf quickly examined each of them, getting a gleam in his eye and a slight smirk on his face. He understood the street value of these items quite well.
   â€œYou do seem to have a fairly good understanding of business. We could start you out at the office in Oja…â€
   â€œWinch.â€, she answered emphatically, meeting her eyes with the dwarf’s.
   â€œOh, …. Well… for that….â€, he grinned as he leaned forward on top of his desk, “special arrangements might need to be made…â€, reaching his hand out towards her cleavage.
   A hand moved with the speed and accuracy of a trained assassin and the dwarf found his hand being held at the wrist and deflected off to one side.
   â€œOh, not on the first day…â€, she smiled as innocently and well practiced as any spy, batting her eyes.
   As she held the wrist, she leaned towards him, showing a better angle for him to view.
   â€œOh and look!â€, she spoke with a grin, “ I seem to have a Dark Circle ring in the pack .†She carefully laid the valuable and hard to obtain treasure in his hand.
   â€œI have Winch papers right here!â€, the delighted dwarf muttered looking at the splendid view. “No problem at all… and allow me to welcome you to the employment of the Mirkana Trading Company.â€

bilbous

Re: the Winch Interviews
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
Ha, conniving wench, well done, I guess...

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 01:38:22 am »
a fun read. congrats on your access and rivnak. IT"S ALL ROCK!
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

miomo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:32:41 am »
This is a good story and I like how you incorporate what many would consider OOC game elements (marriage rules and quest changes) and gave them credible IC explinations.
Miomai is currently sane.

Dannae

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 11:03:11 am »
 :love: your creativity in explaining and elaborating on things that happen between the RPs. Always fun to read.

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 08:30:00 am »
Great job!!  :thumbup:

Never trust a unicorn fish.