Author Topic: Legend of the Consumer  (Read 809 times)

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Legend of the Consumer
« on: September 04, 2011, 12:11:23 am »
My first story written here, might be my only one. It isnt very good, but its an idea I had. Something had to create the initial niche Talad and Laanx found didn't it?
[Like any good story begins...]

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO. (or the yliakum equivalent of ancient times)

"Talad?" a soft voice whispered in the god's ears, the silken whisper of Laanx. "It's so empty here Talad."

The ebony figure was forced to agree, this dark cavern they had found after extensive search through realms only a God could imagine seemed devoid of life. But he had not forgotten why they had came. Both himself and Laanx had sensed great potential in this massive stalactite that Vodùl had shown them.

Both gods were suspended in the middle of a room, the twinkle of an Azure Sun was dimmed with distance. As his powerful eyes scanned all the way to the walls of the great niche, Talad could tell this cavern was not as dull as Laanx seemed to believe.

"Can you feel it Laanx?" Talad spoke; his rich, booming baritone echoed around them.

She shook her head, icy white locks drifting through the air at the pace of falling snowflakes. "I cannot... But I hear it."

As if given a universal que, a sound deeper than even mighty Talad's voice resounded through the cavern. Visible to Talad, boulders began to tumble down the sides of the walls, creating the smashing clamor only rocks can, but still the roar was heard over them. At the closest end to Talad, a great crack split the walls, hairline fractures growing out from its sides. All at once the great niche's wall shattered.

Out from the wall of Yliakum came one of its oldest denizens. Even before the dust cleared its mighty maw was visible to even Laanx's inferior sight. Impossible circles of teeth stretched back into a void no creature could fathom escape from. Talad felt that it could see the two of them even if they chose to become invisible, even as it became clear it had no eyes. Its skin appeared to have been forged from the hardest metals, as the great rocks torn from the walls shattered or bounced off upon touching its mixed, black and grey skin. Even eternal dust was cast aside as row after row of pointed, spearhead legs clamored down the walls, piercing into them to create a hold. It roared once more, directed towards the duo of immortals.

It was no roar of challenge, a being of this magnitude had no need to assert dominance over two puny glowing figures. It was a roar simply to announce its own presence, to pound into even a God's head that it was here, and was not to be trifled with.

Laanx examined the creature carefully, crimson eyes pouring over its behemoth body. "What is that Talad? Why could we not see it?"

The god pondered his next words carefully, as an explanation for why a god could not sense a creature of that magnitude crawling through the dark. He spoke out, quietly in honor of the beast before them.

"Because that is pure Yliakan, we could not see it without awe."

With immortal speed the duo left the cavern, the Labyrinthine Consumer not gracing them with a parting bellow. There was much left to explore for the Gods on this planet.

Many cycles later the two had to return to this niche, but words cannot be written to explain what Talad and Laanx had done to convince such beasts to confine themselves from space they gouged from dirt and stone for themselves. No words cast from mortal hands. However... As we live and breathe inside our levels and tell ourselves how Yliakum is our home, the ground is restless. No bargain lasts forever. Pure Yliakan will not remain silenced forever, and even the gods shall be in awe.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
Re: Legend of the Consumer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:48 am »
 \\o// \\o// \\o//

YES!YES!YES!!!!!  I soooo want to see this in development some day! The giant badarse comsumer that even the Gods flee from! LOVE IT!
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:26:36 am »
\\o// \\o// \\o//

YES!YES!YES!!!!!  I soooo want to see this in development some day! The giant badarse comsumer that even the Gods flee from! LOVE IT!

ConsumerS

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 12:45:31 am »
Who's skeleton is found in DR by the way? Even DR library doesn't give that creature a name.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 01:05:47 am »
Who's skeleton is found in DR by the way? Even DR library doesn't give that creature a name.

Due to a fun little glitch PS gives me, I have never been inside the Death Realm and cannot go there. ud have to send me a picture of it. Though I'd assume a Labyrinthine Consumer would defy Dakkru when it died and go wherever it pleased in death.

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 01:29:52 am »
Here are a few pictures of it:
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=30860.msg442487#msg442487

Btw that kind of gigantic consumer already reminds me of Shai Hulud.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:33:14 am by Gilrond »

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:32:50 am »

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 01:49:18 am »
I had screenshots sent to me, and I can tell you that skeleton is not big enough.  :devil:

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 02:01:09 am »
Who knows, that book in DR said that it was killed before it grew even bigger.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 02:18:52 am »
Shouldn't the book tell you what it is?

Also I'd know, it's my concept.  :lol:

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:18 am »
Not really, the book doesn't name it, and leaves you to wonder what it really is. Anyhow that must be probably some kind of reptile, rather than consumer which shouldn't really have a spine.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 03:48:30 am »
Wouldnt be the first creature whose physical attributes dont fit with any sort of conventional species.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 09:21:24 am »
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 11:53:21 am »
Very cool story.  :thumbup:

Would love to see something akin to this provided as an opponent in-game.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 12:58:33 pm »