Author Topic: Legend of the Consumer  (Read 808 times)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of the Consumer
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »
yes, I was willing to accept all the fantastical things within this game until you said "giant consumer"

wait... is this a metaphor for the American Economy?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »
You're really looking far to deep into things that arent there. This isnt just a giant consumer, this is THE consumer. The original, the others descend from this breed. If you can't get over a simple thing like a giant monster, I dunno why you even considered a fantasy game.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 05:15:39 pm »
oh boy, I'm about to get into trouble once again because sarcasm is lost over the internet. ok, serious face. :|

I like the story. I thought it was imaginative and I like the idea of the Yliakum stalactite being a burrow or nest carved out by a giant worm. In fact, my character once mused that Yliakum was infact a cocoon and all it's inhabitants merely a pupae stage of some larger spiritual entity who will be born in the end of time.

Please keep coming up with such creative lore. It enriches the game and my immersive experience.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »
since text has no voice inflections, its easy to lose it over the internet. Sorry for getting a bit amped myself there.

Best part, its not one worm. its an entire breed.  \\o//

Onilise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Onilise.com
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 12:49:10 pm »
RAWRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :@#\  \\o//

Never trust a unicorn fish.

miomo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:27 am »
When I read the title, I hesitated. I mean, what's so interesting about a consumer? Oh, I've slapped a consumer butt with Dark Way and run to a more strategic location to repeat the process ad nauseum 'till it was dead, but I'm glad that I decided to give the story a gander.

You have a good idea there and I liked the descriptiveness of the story. I think I've read somewhere tthat consumers take on some of the characteristics of what it ate. Perhaps the first one of this breed ate a god?
Miomai is currently sane.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 01:07:25 pm »
When I read the title, I hesitated. I mean, what's so interesting about a consumer? Oh, I've slapped a consumer butt with Dark Way and run to a more strategic location to repeat the process ad nauseum 'till it was dead, but I'm glad that I decided to give the story a gander.

You have a good idea there and I liked the descriptiveness of the story. I think I've read somewhere tthat consumers take on some of the characteristics of what it ate. Perhaps the first one of this breed ate a god?

If I went with the whole take on the characteristics of what it ate, It'd probably be either pieces of the Azure Crystal, a godlike being, or some unknown object in the rest of the world yliakum hangs in.