Author Topic: Danao's Story  (Read 179 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Danao's Story
« on: March 11, 2012, 08:32:39 pm »
Well, after months of laziness. I have finally finished the first entry in Danao's story. When I first thought of the character, I was only going to write out this first part and leave it at that, but after some prodding and *cough* writer's  block, I went ahead and started to RP Danao for awhile. After that, I had intended to chronicle Danao's story through writing up the interesting RPs I got into but unfortunately, those were a lot fewer than I had hoped. Nevertheless, despite no longer playing PS, I'll going ahead and push on and finish up my project... for once. Hopefully, I'll be able to represent the complexity I had intended for the character in these stories.

I present Danao's story.

Starting New

A Dermorian of slender constitution stands and looks up for briefest moment. Brilliant, green eyes look back at you with wary regard. But, they are visible for just a moment before the Dermorian closes them leaving long red lashes to contrast with pale but well structured cheeks.

A rough hand, calloused from hard manual labor, pushes back long red bangs and reveals a face defined by soft, graceful lines. Delicate lips part to speak, but, in a curious twist, the voice that come from this rather feminine looking Dermorian is decidedly deeper than would be expected.

In a strong voice with deep base he says, "Hello," and after a moment's pause he continues, "Yes... I'm male and yes I know I don't look it. Thanks for noticing." He all but rolls his eyes along with his sarcastic remark .

"My name is Danao, at least it is to the people I didn't grow up with. To the guys I grew up with-- may their first experience with a woman be Dakkru--it was everything from..." He abruptly stops as if he thinks better of his next statement. "Well, don't worry about what they called me, but I can tell you that I've heard them all.  Just so you know, it was so funny the last time someone cracked a joke about it, we laughed all the way to the doctor with his broken jaw." He gives a hard stare before continuing to speak.

"I suppose it wasn't so bad growing up, or at least it could have been worse. Growing up on a farm means there aren't too many people around to give you a hard time, but there were enough. I was starting to think that I was going to have permanent footprints in my butt from getting it kicked through the fields every other day. But, the good news would have been that I could get another job sizing feet for a shoemaker."Danao just shakes his head and sighs before pushing his long, red ponytail back over his shoulder.

"But you know, just because I got my butt kicked for looking like a girl it doesn't mean I was a pansy or anything. I won my fair share of fights.  I might look like a girl but I don't hit like one. Good thing too or I wouldn't be here now." He subconciously rubs his bicep and seems to think back for a moment before continuing his tale.

"I moved from the Barn to the Dome to get a fresh start... and because I knocked Inash Emves' teeth three farms over the last time I got into a fight." Danao looks less than remorseful. "I didn't even start the fight but apparently I had to be the one to make it right. Overall, I can't say it was a bad deal, but I still think Inash should have been the one to get the lectures and all of that. But I guess I got the last laugh, you should have seen their faces when I told them I was going to leave for the Dome. No more Danao to kick around, put that in your pipes and smoke it!" Danao grins widely in a flash of teeth before breaking out into a chuckle.

"Once I got to the Dome, I headed for the capital city. It was a long trip to get there and I had to pass a few cities on the way even, but I had the best chance of finding work and starting over in the capital. Now, I find myself in Hydlaa trying to get myself established. I don't know what to expect from this place; it's real different in a city than it is on a farm. But, whatever happens I'm ready for it." A smirk and a look of determination plays on Danao's face as he begins his new life.