Author Topic: The Arrival  (Read 1081 times)

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
The Arrival
« on: February 09, 2002, 11:41:33 am »
I remember as a small child i loved the sweet smell of sweetgrass after a morning rain in my village. I would run out racing through the trees darting from the fresh brush.
  My brother and I would frolic and play with the other Dermorians(elves)who were our age while our mothers scampered around our mischievious tricks when you could tell they wanted to play along with us.
  Yes things were simpler then before I even knew of other races besides our own.I mean I was instructed of course as was my brother but to hear of these others I really thought my Father was pulling one of his jokes.
   I mean i had never heard of a dwarf and i remember the description brought me bubbling over with laughter forgive me if that offends however at the time the idea of a 3 foot being with a massize body and a beard as big as himself I really found quite funny.
   Heh Still do a bit though I must say the dwarves ive met since then have been some of the most honorable trustworthy individuals ive ever met.
   And then we were told about Ylians (humans)and for good and bad this is how my tale begins of how I arrived in Yliakum.

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2002, 12:21:39 pm »
My half brother Jandryl and I had been out on one of our excursions one wet morning hunting a mid day meal consisting of a few wild hares.
  Streaking across the meadow each trying for the prize neither of us were paying much attention.As I prepared a spell to sling a rock at one of the hares Jandryl was nocking his bow.
   Then a tremendous well not really but he was very big description of what my family and teachers had described as a Ylian (human)with red hair and bright green eyes wielding a huge saxon axe came out from the undergrowth.
    He startled me something fierce usally I can detect when there is someone around or in the area as all Demorians (elves) can. I couldnt hold it back Magic was hard for me then and as Jandryl cringed the rock I was concentrating on sailed directly into the Ylian\'s head.

tasadar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
sweet
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2002, 04:52:10 am »
how suspensful, when is part three?
Hey kiddoes, its your favorite basher......  HATE ME!

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2002, 07:20:45 am »
OOC: I\'ve already said this, and I\'ll say it again: the purpose of this board isn\'t for people to type out whole stories! People have to join in, otherwise there won\'t be Part Three! :P
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2002, 10:12:05 am »
this board is ALSO for storywriting!(see the desciption) so don\'t say that AGAIN dwinney ;)

so continue writing part three lenric! it\'s an interesting story!

Thekkur

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2002, 01:36:34 pm »
Lol, my bad. :rolleyes:  And are there any more parts to Kendaro\'s story? ?(
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
part 3
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 08:37:13 am »
I remeber now how it bounced. All time stopped for me as the stone moved, hurtling towards the huge Ylian. I clearly recall how it struck sharply upon his forehead with a resounding clang.
Jandryl often exclaims that my eyes about popped out as the stone came arcing back.
I didnt know it at the time but the Ylian named Gnal, as I later found out, was wearing a iron circlet upon his brow his flowing red curls hiding it fully.
 As time stopped I recall thinking that my teachers had been wrong Ylians were not like us.There heads were made of metal covered to look like ours as the stone struck before everything went dark.

Hey I was only 11.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2002, 08:38:37 am by Lenric »

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2002, 02:30:19 pm »
*out of the bushes came an enkidukai(his name was ninkwi njadro). he was laughing*
ninkwi:\"hahaha well done gnal U knocked the poor fellow out cold\"
*gnal bend over to see if the lenric was allright*
gnal:\" spicey lil\' fellow aren\'t you?\"
*gnal suddenly looks up and spots jandryl*
gnal:\"hi there young man do you know this boy?\"
*jandryl backs away but trips over a branch and falls on the floor*
gnal:\" haha no need to fear us boy. now do you know this boy?\"
jandryl:*frightend*\"yes sir he\'s my brother\"
gnal:\"ow and does your brother have a name?\"
jandryl:\"yes sir his name\'s lenric\"
gnal:\" ow and what is your name\"
jandryl:\" my name is jandryl sir\"
gnal:\" jandryl and where do you...\"
ninkwi:\"watch out!!!\"
*out of the bushes jumps a goblin*

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
part 4
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2002, 12:47:30 pm »
Yes for the longest time after I awoke I thought that Ylians were a strange folk with metal heads.
  Luckily for me you see this strange fellow Gnal,was coming to visit some fellow Demorians in our villa.
When my brother Jandryl and I had come across him he was quite lost ,as most races tend to get withen our imense forests.
 As it happened Jandryl being the caring brother that he is after I had dropped like a stone,I heard later had rushed the Ylian in the hopes of saving me.
  But the Ylian had proved to strong for him and weary from the travel an such didnt deem fit to inform Jandryl of his intentions.
 So he constrained my over eager brother with some bindings and had procedded to throw us each upon his massive shoulders.
  From there he simply followed our tracks back to our villa.We were not nearly the woodsmen we are today erm well we were careless.
   Though I did hear that the Ylian(Gnal) was verily lucky to excape the dire arrows of our folk being in our wood with us slung over him like meal sacks.

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
part 5
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2002, 04:01:14 pm »
I was very startled when i woke.I was lying in my loft and I heard a sound quite unlike any I have heard still to this day.A great rumbling noise that made the walls of my loft vibrate.It sounded like a mule dying.Or some animal.
My elder brother Jandryl also was sitting up with a puzzled expresssion on his face.Was it a dream ,how did I arrive home after the huge Ylian,Oh why was there a lump on my head? And why was I so dizzy?
 What was that noise ? Standing up shakily I went over to the railing looking for the cause of this terrible sound that echoed all around.
Peering down I saw the outline of the Ylian stretched out.Along the floor in what I could only imagine was a form of torture.Due inpart to the sounds being emited from him.
Had Jandryl captured this huge being I pondered looking back at my brother who sat with a bemused expression .
Truly I was awed in thinking this as the giant was nearly 6 to 7 times as large as my brother.But a part of me couldnt understand why he The Ylian was still here.
My people were not a cold hearted folk and to bring him here and punish such as this was truly not our ilk.
Looking back over again as the noise startled me again.Jandryl simply stated   He\'s snoring