Author Topic: Part I: The Cloaked Man  (Read 662 times)

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Part I: The Cloaked Man
« on: February 15, 2002, 09:57:02 pm »
The Cloaked Man  
     The inn was in need of repair.  The building itself looked as though it had not been lived in for years.  But for some reason it was one of the most popular places in the town.  The innkeeper there was a friendly man in his forties, nearing his fifties but instead of getting frailer he actually looked sturdier now then he had in his younger years.  A man sat in the corner of the inn with his back against the wall.  The man was covered in a cloak so not even his face was visible through it.
     He was a regular visitor here but ate little and talked to few.  No one knew who he was or where he came from, and they didn\'t really care.  Just then, as the cloaked man was thinking about all of this, an old man burst into the inn.  The cloaked man could tell he was a storyteller from the clothes being worn, but he had never seen one quite so old.  A swarm of people burst in after him and led him to a seat a surronded him expectantly.  The cloaked man stood up and moved within hearing range of the storyteller.
    Despite himself the man smiled \"And now, the story begins.....\"

((This is the beginning of my work-in-progress so i may edit it a little bit to make it better and Part II: The Fire is coming soon! :D  8)  8o ))