Author Topic: Untitled  (Read 827 times)

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Untitled
« on: November 10, 2003, 05:37:10 pm »
This story has nothing to do with PS, but it?s something I am working on anyway.

When the Darkness appeared centuries ago it spread like wildfire, claiming cities and killing thousands as it went.  The Darkness knew, though, that it could not achieve it?s dominance without an army of followers, humans who would willingly aid It.  I was still young when It reached my town and arrogant.  The promise of immortality and power beyond anything I dreamt lured me into his grasp and eventually I agreed to join It?s army.  I fought against my own kind, slaughtering millions of men, women, and children without any remorse.  I could not be stopped and eventually the Darkness honored me with leading his army.  A position I believed I was born to take.

We grew careless, we believed we were unstoppable because we thought the people were too frightened to even fight back against us.  But they did and they succeeded in our destruction.  Day by day they grew more defiant, cutting our numbers down to a dwindling army of disciples.  At the mere hint of being beaten, the Darkness fled from this world.  It left It?s army of followers to the mercy of the humans.  Those of us that were left after our defeat would have accepted death, but we were not given that privilege.  With the Darkness gone, we were left powerless but retained our immortality.  The humans thought it a fitting punishment to drive us into exile and let us live out our never-ending existence with the memory of our betrayal of mankind.

Not everyone agreed with what they believed was a lenient punishment.  Small groups of resistance formed against us, driven by a vow to destroy our kind.  Broken into scattered groups, we wandered the land, running from these groups.  For thousands of years we survived by hiding amongst the humans, but our numbers grew smaller and smaller.  Today we can be numbered under a hundred.  But now we can feel a change coming.  Our powers are slowly returning to us, which can mean only one thing: the Darkness is returning to us.  

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 06:07:28 pm »
I never received a message of any kind, I simply knew that I must come here, a feeling guided me into the alleyway.  The darkness was pierced by a single dirty lightbulb, attached to the brick wall of a rundown apartment building on the right.  The light was just enough to catch the eyes of two others in the alley.  They were both leaning against the shadowed walls on opposite sides of the alley, but I didn?t need the light to know who they were.

?You?re late Eric.?  The voice came from the figure on my left, his voice was like gravel as usual.  He kept himself in the shadows by the wall.  It was obvious he was clothed in all black, but a soft metallic sound emitted from him as he shifted against the wall.

The figure on the left spoke this time, a softer more feminine voice.  ?You know why we are meeting.?  With a push off the wall, she stepped further into the light.  She was exactly how I remembered her.  Long jet black hair fell below her shoulder blades falling onto a form fitting black suit.  I first met her after I became the leader of the Damned Army, we were both young and ambitious.  Our time spent together allowed us to grow closer to each other, but we had both left the pleasures of mankind behind us long ago.

?Adrian, Tasha.?  I nodded in both of their directions before continuing.  ?You have both felt It?s presence as well.?  I remained standing where I was, a light gust of wind rippling the edges of a long black trenchcoat around my legs.  Wisps of raven black hair blew around my face as I stared between the two.

?Our time to take back what the humans took from us is nearly here.  This time we will destroy them all as the Darkness commands us.?  Adrian remained in the shadows, but I remembered exactly how he looked.  Short cropped hair, grey even at his young age.  He was stockier than I was with broad shoulders and powerful legs.

Tasha turned to his shadowed form, ?We turned our back on them once and we paid for it, I won?t do that again.?  She looked to me this time as if expecting me to answer the same.  I, too, had felt remorse for my actions after all this time.  The thought of gaining back my powers and again leading an army was something I could shake though.

I looked from Tasha to Adrian, closing my eyes briefly.  ?For centuries I wanted nothing more than to follow the Darkness again, but I left that life behind me a long time ago.  I do not wish to fight either side of this war.?  I could sense him push off from the wall, though not enough to step into the light, and I could hear another click of metal.

?You know that is our duty to fight against man, after all of the hell they put us through.?  This voice had grown deadlier.  ?And if you do not fight with him, you fight against him.?  Keeping to the shadows, he turned from us both and walked down the alleyway.  His body disappeared, seeming to meld into the shadows.

?I will not allow the same atrocities to be carried out against the humans again Eric.  I will not sit by and let them die.?  Tasha stepped back into the shadows, following Adrian?s path into the shadows.

Turning my gaze skyward, I looked up into the starlit night.  Even now I could feel It?s power close by.  Bad decisions had always been by downfall.

<Aendar>...

_Yuhevon_

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 12:42:20 am »
Wow. This is really good.  I would like to hear what happens next as soon as you have it down ^^. You have some talent. :))
-Yuhevon       Strength and Wisdom of the Fire

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 03:42:25 pm »
I don\'t consider myself much of a writer but thanks.  I\'m working on the next part now.

<Aendar>...

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 09:33:39 pm »
Don\'t consider yourself I writer?  ?(
Your style is incredible. Now don\'t make one of the hugest mistakes you can make and forget to plan out the basic plot. If you don\'t know where it\'s going, it won\'t go anywhere.
You have talent. I like your style. I eagerly await future stuff.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 09:35:05 pm by Davis »

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 06:46:42 am »
Ok I realized it has been a while since I continued my story and Ihave nothing to do so I\'ll give it a shot.

Despite how late it was, the streets were still buzzing with activity.  Couples out for a walk, drunks muttering to themselves, and businessman on their way home from a long day of work.  I ignored the people, my thoughts focused on what was to come.  Tasha was right, we betrayed mankind once and that cannot happen again, but to fight against the Darkness was suicide.  It could not be done, failing once only made the Darkness smarter and gave It time to consider it?s mistakes.  The wind had picked up, causing the streets to quiet down.  It rippled through my trenchcoat, blowing it out behind me like a shadow.

My thoughts were so preoccupied that I almost past by my apartment building.  The smell of mildew and trash was too evident but I had trained myself to get used to it.  A man, if I could still be called so, such as myself couldn?t afford to be picky with accommodations.  It wasn?t the best of places, but it wasn?t the worst either and it served me with shelter and a place to think. I had a lot of thinking to do now, important thinking.  I had vowed to never again fight against the humans that I betrayed once.  But the Darkness had grown smarter and this time I knew that it would not fail in it?s mission of total domination.    

The interior of the apartment consisted of little more than a couch and TV in the main room and a bed in what served as the bedroom.  There really wasn?t much else I needed.  Hunger and thirst were left behind with my humanity.  In fact the only reason anything was there was to stifle any suspicion from neighbors.  The noise from the streets below echoed through the shabbily decorated apartment, filtering in through a cracked window.  Only one room in the apartment was worth my attention.  The room was completely empty, but it was the room itself that made it so important.  The actual presence of the room was vital.  Each of us required a focus point, a Synta, to keep our powers in tact.  This room was mine.  The meditation, however, wasn?t necessary.  That was a habit I had picked up in the previous centuries.

Walking into the apartment, I immediately cast off the heavy trenchcoat and tossed it onto the couch.  The door to my Synta was the first door on my right and I wasted no time in stepping into the bare room and shutting the door.  There was no light and the walls, floor, and ceiling were all painted a pitch black making it easier to slip into a state of meditation.  I hadn?t used the room in a long time, too long.  It had actually been my intention to leave the room for good, to let my powers slip away slowly, but now that the Darkness had returned I knew that even if I did plan to stay out of this feud I would need my powers at full strength.

I don?t know how long my meditation had lasted but when my eyes opened, a liver of light could be seen under the door.  My senses had brought be back to reality.  A feeling swept over my body that I hadn?t felt for centuries.  A feeling of danger.

<Aendar>...