Author Topic: A Neverending Story  (Read 793 times)

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
A Neverending Story
« on: May 05, 2004, 02:17:58 pm »
Hi all!
Some time ago I decided to write a guild story for Ashes (my guild) and realized it could be pretty cool to make it everlasting. The plan is that any important events that the guild encounters in PS are to be added to the guild story. Here is the first part and I hope you like it...

?Now, who suggested that we should go left?? said Tybalt who was standing in his usual fighting position, waiting to strike at the first enemy to approach him.
?No time for chit-chattin, my friend!? answered Colane who had already taken out his dual swords and launched himself into battle. Without hesitation, Tybalt charged towards the first Trepor he sensed, hitting the creature right in the eyes, using both his hands. An awful crying sound could be heard from the creature who started to move around like it had completely lost its sense of balance. Before the creature had even fallen to the ground, Tybalt had already struck his next target with a heel kick that crushed the monsters carcasse.

There were Trepors coming from every direction of the large chamber of the cave and the two warriors had to use all their strenght and agility to hold the monsters back.

Tybalt could feel how his comrade was runnning across the room jumping on the walls, rolling around the floor, doing all he possibly could to avoid the Trepors? attacks. He could hear how the dual-blades never stopped spinning in the hands of their weilder, cutting through anything that came in their way.

The two fighters knew that this was an impossible battle to win as they could see how every Trepor they killed was replaced by two others. The best thing to do was to escape and they knew that even that would be hard. Colane ran up a pile of Trepors that had fallen victim for his blades, and looked around for an exit. He knew that there was a hole in the ceiling but that it would be impossible to jump that high. Behind the mass he could see the passage that had led them to this room and he figured that it was probably the only way out. He shouted:
?Tybalt!?, as he threw one of his swords towards the exit.
Tybalt, who was still fighting, could hear how the blade cut through the air and planted itself in the cave wall. With quick and well placed attacks he started to fight his way towards the exit, his robes being torn appart by Trepor claws. He could feel how the claws ripped through his skin leaving an endless amount of open wounds and it was then that he realized that it was all over.

Colane, who had lost most of his force, was trying to jump his way to Tybalt but there were too many trepors in the way and he could see how his friend started to fall down under the mass of monsters trying to get a piece of his flesh. All hope was gone and Colane knew that he wouldn?t be able to make it to the exit, especially not now that he had only one of his swords to defend himself with. He looked up towards the cavern ceiling, prepared to face his doom, when he saw what seemed to be an angel flying across the room, carying his friend Tybalt. The creature looked down at him and plunged towards him. Colane reached out his hand in a last desperate attempt to survive and he could feel how the angel grabbed it and pulled him out. He looked at Tybalt that seemed to be unconscious and then he looked down to see how the mass of trepors got further and further away from them.

Suddenly there was only light and Colane realized that this angel-like creature had managed to get them out of the cave. Even though he was very gently put down on the ground, Colane could feel how much his back hurt. He had probably gotten many wounds that he didn?t know about. When he turned his head he could see how the angel was holding his glowing, blue hands over Tybalts body. In a matter of seconds he could see how Tybalt woke up and stood up, looking like he had done just before they had entered the horrible fight.
?My robes are ruined?, he said with a low voice, throwing away the pieces of tissue remaining.
?You are very lucky!?, said the angel who moved over to heal Colane.

?Only another few seconds among those monsters and you would probably have been dead?.
There was silence and Tybalt could feel how his savior concentrated to heal his comrade. He had never encountered a creature like this one so he went close to it and started to touch the wings and face of his savior, to create a picture of him in his head.
?I am Dyari?, said the healer, with a smile on his face. ?A klyros?. It was obvious from his reaction that he had understood that Tybalt was blind.
?My name is Tybalt, and this is Colane? said Tybalt pointing at his comrade who had gotten up and now was inspecting his body, trying to find the wounds he had felt earlier. They were all gone, leaving no trace of the terrible battle in the cave.
?What were you doing down there??, asked Dyari.
?Yeah, tell us Colane! What were we doing down there?? said Tybalt with a serious expression on his face...

« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 02:23:05 pm by TheRedMonk »

TheTaintedSoul

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 02:50:07 pm »
Whats next? I want to know more :D. And how did you meet Colane in the first place?
If your opponent is willing to die for his cause, he and you have the same goal set in mind.

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
oh!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 03:09:10 pm »
sorry bout that...I thought that it was obvious that we were both from shadowhand...guess I forgot to write that down...Ill do it Tarantino style and let you know how we met later :D Ill write the next part soon... ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 03:10:20 pm by TheRedMonk »

TheTaintedSoul

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 03:19:25 pm »
Ah i thought so, but just wanted to be sure. Hehe Tarantino style would be ... original :)
If your opponent is willing to die for his cause, he and you have the same goal set in mind.

Imperfect Soul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 10:01:07 pm »
An interesting tern of roleplay. Well done.

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
HEY!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 06:06:09 am »
Any comments are welcome, good or bad! :) If theres anything you dont like bout the story or the way I write please lemme know so I can try to get better at it...if this story is going to be neverending I want it to be good...

Zackery

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 10:18:54 pm »
I really liked it.  I am a very tough cridic, hard to please.  But, it reminds me of how I write.  I am going to be an author when I can.
Zackery

Quote: I am not weird.....Just different