Author Topic: Underworld Ascendant needs more backers!  (Read 408 times)

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Underworld Ascendant needs more backers!
« on: February 21, 2015, 09:16:39 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant

It's a very promising project made by creators of the original Ultima Underworld classics. And they just added Linux release to their base goal!

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Underworld Ascendant needs more backers!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:27:25 pm »
I'd want to see more of the development side of this game's prototype before backing it. The hype for RPG potential and nostalgia might be enough for some people, but I don't think it would be for most.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Underworld Ascendant needs more backers!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 05:28:48 pm »
I'd want to see more of the development side of this game's prototype before backing it. The hype for RPG potential and nostalgia might be enough for some people, but I don't think it would be for most.

They are too early in the prototyping yet to make any judgement about stuff like graphics and so on. I won't expect anything of that sort to be relevant at this stage. They even said that even engine choice is not set in stone at this point (though they so far announced Unity as their initial plan). It's basically the question of whether you want such hypothetical project come to fruition or not. I surely want, especially since they promised DRM-free Linux release.

So I'd recommend you to back it, especially if you want it to reach some of the stretch goals. But base goal is enough for me personally to support them. They are new to crowdfunding, so I know it's more risky than let's say inXile who have more experience at that with Wasteland 2 and upcoming Tides of Numenera or Larian with Divinity: Original Sin, but I'm ready to support them, just to show demand.

In general it's really nice to see the rise of successful major crowdfunded RPG titles (Pillars of Eternity is another one coming soon) which rival most of the mass market junk out there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:36:13 pm by Gilrond »