Author Topic: The Red Crystal Den Delicacy Cooking Event  (Read 1062 times)

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The Red Crystal Den Delicacy Cooking Event
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:46:58 am »
IMPORTANT: Change on the prize giving date
We are happy to announce that we had the opportunity to have an Octarchal Cook be a member of our jury. But as the cook is very busy that means we need to delay the prize giving. It will happen at 7th of Azhord at eight o clock in the evening. [OOC: 5th October at 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST)].

Please plan your schedules accordingly.

Now as the prize-giving happens later we thought on what do to for the 30th of Quintal [OOC: 28th September]. And what can be better than: [see below…]

If you visited the Red Crystal Den´s in the last time you noticed some changes in its interior:

As you may have noticed we installed a kitchen. This was for a good reason. Of course for our cook Kabitar and other cooks who want to help out the Den´s cause to offer a great place to meet and have fun… but also… for the very special

Red Crystal Den Delicacy Cooking Contest!

The event will be at the 29th and the 30th of Quintahl at eight o clock in the evening. [OOC: The event will take place at the weekend of 27th and 28th September at 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST). Please correct if I miscalculated Yliakum time :)]

The Red Crystal Den Delicacy Cooking Contest
To the creative cooks among you we present a special contest. You created a dish with some rare ingredients. Or maybe a dish that involves many difficult steps to dress it. Then present your recipe and win one of our stunning prizes. [Expect a specially crafted and unique cooking tool. The 1st prize winner will have her or his recipe added in the corresponding cooking book in game.]

Your dish can be baked or cooked, it can be hearty or sweet.

Rules
Turn in a public book with the name of the dish, a description and some cooking instructions. Try to use ingredients that can be found in Yliakum.

[OOC: The winner will have his or her recipe added in the corresponding cooking book in game, in order to make the process easier for the developers, please use as much as possible the cooking steps we already have in game (Ie: sliced carrots, etc...) adding new one is harder than you can think]

Please bring in your recipes at 29th of Quintahl. [OOC Saturday 27th of September at 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST).]

Jury
A jury will decide for the winners. Please attend the prize-giving at 30th of Quintahl. [OOC: Sunday 28th of September at 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST)]. The winner may cook the dish for anyone who wants to try it in our new kitchen. [Just RP it for now.]

Arm the cooks trade
Turn in a meal that keeps the hunger of five dozen workers at bay and get one of the finest combat kits in return. To clarify that… you have crafted fish delights for a pack of 60 Enki warriors or tin burgers for 60 Kran miners or 60 apple cinnamon pies for one crazy dermorian? Come to the Red Crystal Den and trade the food in for

• a set of finest leather armor or
  • a pair of finest steel weapons of your choosing or
  • a pair of shields from our mad cub with the hammer without risking your toes

For extra quality or extra amount you may get a combination of these or all of them.

We will continue trading as long as our armory is full and there is still space left in our food stores. It is first come, first serve. [We may not be able to deliver everything at the event itself... depending on how the ones who offered to or can provide them are online or reachable before.]

We will accept dishes on both days after the cooking contest.

Story telling
When we aren´t using the stage of the Red Crystal Den any of you is welcome to step up and sing a song about a cook or tell a story about a baker who tests out the effects of enchanted dishes with unsuspecting guests or something like that.

Everyone brave enough to climb on the stage will get a prize and can keep all the tips that are thrown on the stage.

[Tip givers please /unguard the circles after dropping them]

We may another some other special surprises at a later time.

Damola on behalf of the
The Red Crystal Den Team

[With special thanks to Kabitar for the event idea]

[Also if you are willing to help, please contact me – Damola]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:55:48 pm by Damola »
Love,
Damola

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Red Crystal Den Delicacy Cooking Event
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 07:49:53 am »
[Please note: The dates and times here in this post are authoritative. The time stated in the event calender is two hours too late - I asked for fixing this and I think it will be fixed soon.]
Love,
Damola

Divod

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 11:23:13 am »
Where are all the cooks and bakers?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:24:53 am by Divod »

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 04:29:46 pm »
IMPORTANT: Change on the prize giving date
We are happy to announce that we had the opportunity to have an Octarchal Cook be a member of our jury. But as the cook is very busy that means we need to delay the prize giving. It will happen at 7th of Azhord at eight o clock in the evening. [OOC: 5th October at 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST)].

Please plan your schedules accordingly.

Now as the prize-giving happens later we thought on what do to for the 30th of Quintal [OOC: 28th September]. And what can be better than this:

[Times are still 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST) no matter what even calender says]
Love,
Damola

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »
[I'm sorry but I don't understand what is happening on the 28th. It looks like "And what can be better than this:" was supposed to have something after it.]

Kabitar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »
Hello everyone.

My first post here...

As a replacement for the delayed prize giving we present you a nice RP opportunity.

Pie Eating Contest

You think you can eat more than any other citicen under the dome? Come to the stage of the Red Crystal Den on Quintahl 30th [September 28th at 20:00 GMT+2].

Compete against the other contestants and try to eat more pies than all the others. If you feel sick please use the buckets we provide for your convenience.
And know your limit -- even though we have some potions and other stuff available for medical help, we don´t want to lose contestants to Dakkru because of food indigestion.

Have fun,
Kabitar
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:44:55 pm by Kabitar »

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 04:46:11 pm »
[I'm sorry but I don't understand what is happening on the 28th. It looks like "And what can be better than this:" was supposed to have something after it.]

Look again :)
Love,
Damola

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 05:13:48 pm »
[Ah, now I see. Thank you. :)]

Kabitar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 06:48:24 pm »
A little update. So far we have 9 contestants.

Cryptus, Enal, Jemima, Licina, Lorra, Lumi, Solita, Tarotin and Tuon.

Last chance to turn in your recipe will be before the Pie Eating Contest.

Good luck to all contestants.

iridia

• Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 02:14:58 am »
Another chance for all the chefs to turn in recipes :)
Make sure to add your characters name somewhere in the book!!
Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:51:58 am »
Wow, what a nice gathering this was. At first I was about to make a face as only two cooks appeared. But determined to host this contest together with Kabitar, I was happy to see more cooks appeared with time. [OOC: People, its still 20:00 GMT+2 (CEST)] :) no matter what the event calender says – and was also okay to appear later, but today be there before the Pie Eating contest starts, last time I would accept any recipe will be 21:00 GMT+2 (CEST), as we then need to hand the recipes to the jury.]

Some of the earlier cooks presenting their recipes:

And then the second round of cooks telling the audience some more details about their recipes:

Also our cute little cub dared to present her Enki recipes on the stage:

Looking forward to the pie eating contest! See you there.

[OOC: Is posting photos IC or OOC? I bet OOC, as… well no digicams in Yliakum I suppose :)]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:24:16 pm by Damola »
Love,
Damola

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 07:52:43 am »
[OOC: I also love to hear feedback about the event. How did you like it so far? Any suggestions for improving?]
Love,
Damola

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
I'm afraid, I won't be able to make it today.
As you can hear from that, I found the event very good! Very creative, and different kinds of entertainment all the time (contest, music, receipes).

One thing I wonder about: Will the original receipe (books) be displayed in the RCD? Maybe hang then on a wall like pubs have posters on their walls.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »
Nice idea, Sen! I want to have a Red Crystal Den Delicacy Recipe book [even if those won´t be craftable] and I think we will have one.

But for now: Pie Eaters who ever dreamed of eating as much pies as they can, come to the Pie Eating Contest! [It started  about 20 minutes ago.]
Love,
Damola

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 01:20:19 pm »
Looks pretty neat ya'll.   :thumbup:

I got a question for the RCD staff. Would it be possible to reserve the tavern for an event on a specific date by paying a fee? Like, art fairs or things like that?

Or maybe weddings...?  :whistling: