Author Topic: 0.3.0.13 First Bugs  (Read 3494 times)

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 07:34:16 am »
Ah, excellent, it is there! Hrmm... Maybe Ary was referring to the poor people without right-clicking mice?
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Torzigg

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 08:50:28 am »
Planeshift crashes when computer is loading the realms. My internet connection dies after that and I have to restart the computer. This started happen today.

[EDIT] I fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 11:07:53 am by Torzigg »

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 11:05:15 am »
Originally posted by Cha0s
Ah, excellent, it is there! Hrmm... Maybe Ary was referring to the poor people without right-clicking mice?

No, I was referring to another menu ;D
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess

r.guppy

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 11:25:04 am »
[/QUOTE]

No, I was referring to another menu ;D
[/QUOTE]

My apologies i remember the one you mean i called it the mood box.

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 01:14:31 pm »
The reason sound doesn\'t work is because the Crystalspace Mac sound driver has been broken ever since it was rewritten for the new renderer (by someone without a Mac to test on).

We hope to amend this in the not too distant future.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

rukano

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
contextual menus
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 04:41:14 am »
Well.  Was trying to change some keyborad/mouse options (beacuse I\'m poor and with 1 button mouse :P ) and I just simply won\'t get contextual menus...  I\'ve figured out to change some things (my shorcuts on the shortcuts window) manually.. but I think I\'ll need \"right-click\" IN the game.

I\'ve tried changing the contextual menus for \"ctrl+click\", \"alt+click\" but ist doesn\'t work.  Du I have to buy a Mighty mouse for that?

I don\'t know if it\'s a bug... maybe I\'m stupid.. but I will be thankful if I can get this working.

Thanks

EDIT:

Well.. I can now use contextuals (with SHIFT+Click).  Modifying the mouse.xml of course.. not in the game.  It would be nice if the keyboard / mouse changes works when I\'m playing and not manually.  It\'s quite problematic to make a shortcut from within the game.

Thanks again

EDIT 2:  the contextual menu works in the game just with characters and objects.  If I want to make contextual menu on the shortcuts (to make or modify a new one) it won\'t work.

Thanks againg again.  Sorry about the editing, but I hate double/triple posting.

PS.  I\'m I in the right Thread?  or is there anotherone for this issues?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 06:52:35 am by rukano »

ibicudo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
we need shortucts bar and sewers
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 04:10:17 pm »
Originally posted by Aznakh
All right ... I couldn\'t resist trying the client once I got it downloaded ...

And here are the first bugs I could notice (at least on my configuration)

- The shortcutbar doesn\'t draw correctly. There are only 4 shortcut buttons and I cannot modify them through the .xml file as I used to.

- The chatwindow is transparent and remains transparent allthough I chat or go over it with the mouse.

Now let\'s help Dfryer by continuing the bug hunt ... please do post bugs only once.  8)

i Have the same problems , and some advisor told me to delete zoneinfo.xml and run the updater...i would but, the updater is still on the old version isn\'t it?

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 05:45:16 pm »
Correct.  The zoneinfo.xml fix only fixes the sewers problem (although there might be better config files for window settings in the updater, I\'m not sure)

amr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Still a lot of problems
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006, 10:30:07 pm »
Still cannot play in sewers.
Still the client crashes one or two times when I want to go into the arena.
Still the client freezes when I came out from the arena to the main foutain.
Hi mac developers,
still the framerate is very low in all parts of arena.
still the framerate is low at the main fountain and on the way to the town exit gate.
still no sound
still the framrate is very low in parts of realm of dead, special at the first steps
and on the ladder :(
still ulbernats at the ruins and tufesangs in floor of arena hit me threw the walls.
still on some parts in the arena I can go threw the wall and than \"You fell off the end of the world and died.\"
still cannot see the flying arrow from \"Summon Missile\" (chrystal way spell)

that is too much!!

amr, a very sadly mac user

PS. version .12 running a lot better. I believe before thinking at  big Wipes and new features work on that basics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 02:27:51 am »
amr, you realise that not all those bugs are common to macs :)  Your experience with version 12 was probably after most of the initial bugs were fixed - if you\'re not willing to wait through some rough spots you\'re probably not willing to test prerelease software!

ibicudo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 04:02:02 am »
Originally posted by amr
Hi mac developers,
still the framerate is low at the main fountain and on the way to the town exit gate.
still no sound
still the framrate is very low in parts of realm of dead, special at the first steps
still ulbernats at the ruins and tufesangs in floor of arena hit me threw the walls.
still on some parts in the arena I can go threw the wall and than \"You fell off the end of the world and died.\"

that is too much!!

PS. version .12 running a lot better. I believe before thinking at  big Wipes and new features work on that basics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don\'t have that mutch trouble!!!
but i could really use the shortcuts bar :S
can anyone tell me how to fix it? :S

dying_inside

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 01:52:08 am »
Originally posted by amr
Hi mac developers,
still no sound

that is too much!!

wow, I have never had that that. I feel sorry for you.

Aznakh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 03:17:57 am »
@ dfryer: hang in there friend ... learning compiling as fast as I can  :D

I tried modifying the shortcutcommands.xml file in /Planeshift3d/data/gui and /Planeshift3d/data/options and the result was that I didn\'t have any more a shortcutbar at all.  ?(
There just some vertical lines over the shortcutbar.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 12:17:27 pm by Aznakh »

rukano

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 04:46:16 am »
Originally posted by Aznakh I tried modifying the shortcutcommands.xml file in /Planeshift3d/data/gui and /Planeshift3d/data/options and the result was that I didn\'t have any more a shortcutbar at all.  ?(

The same by me... no shortcuts at all.

Gripen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
modify .xml
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 03:25:23 pm »
Originally posted by Aznakh
@ dfryer: hang in there friend ... earning compiling as fast as I can  :D

I tried modifying the shortcutcommands.xml file in /Planeshift3d/data/gui and /Planeshift3d/data/options and the result was that I didn\'t have any more a shortcutbar at all.  ?(

I hope you have a backup of the original .xml--but if not then reconfigure planeshift.cfg file (there is a thread on that).

When modifying .xml DO NOT USE THE RETURN KEY FOR A NEW LINE (this enters a character that is not xml and kicks out an error) [I have been through this]
You can get a couple of extra lines by placing insertion just before the very last line () then return.
A better workaround is to place the insertion point at the very end of the file (in some cases there is an extra blank line, others it is the end of the last visible notation). With insertion point at the end of the file hit return to create the number of lines you need (sometimes can\'t get all you want).  
Then move the ending code () down type in your new code and commands--be sure to use the new commands [see thread about new commands] REPEAT: DO NOT USE RETURN KEY WITHIN THE .XML FILE WHERE INSTRUCTIONS ARE--ONLY AFTER ALL THE LINES, and be sure that you are using plain text.

Aslo, rumor has it that bbedit will not cause this problem--but I know that some versions of bbedit will.

**Edited for actual ending line information
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:29:04 pm by Gripen »